State championships (3/6-3/9)

Beamerball

Matthew Hatfield Retweeted

Jack Herron @jwherron10
HALFTIME in the VHSL Class 2 State Championship   Radford 43 East Rockingham 20. 2019 Radford commit Quinton Morton-Robertson with perhaps the most impressive half of basketball I've seen in a state championship or maybe any game. He has 32 points on 8-10 FG, 7-9 3P and 9-9 FT!

great state

VHSL Athletics @VHSL_

Class 2 Boys Finals: 2nd half underway. Radford's Qui Morton-Robertson finishes first half with 32 points (8-10 FG, 7-9 3-pt, 9-9 FT). 47 is the single-game championship scoring record set by Gate City's Mac McClung in last year's Class 2 boys finals. #vhsl

Class 2 Boys Finals: Timeout on the court with 6:26 left in 3rd qtr. Radford 43, East Rock 22. #vhsl

great state

Allen Gregory Retweeted

Cody Elliott @Cody_DNRSports
End of 3Q: Radford 53, East Rockingham 30. Quinton Morton-Robertson now up to 37 points and is just three away from reaching 2,000 for his career.

Jim Sacco @Sacco_DNRSports
Only five points for Morton-Robertson that quarter.

great state

VHSL Athletics @VHSL_

Class 2 Boys Finals: Radford leads East Rock 57-39 with 4:34 left in the 4th qtr. #vhsl 

great state

Devin Payne @DPayne0813

Two free throws give QMR 39 pts. Radford up 57-34 with 5:38 left.

Jim Sacco Retweeted

Quinton Morton-Robertson just hit a pair of free throws to put him at 41 points for the game and over the 2,000-point mark for his career.

great state

Radford now leading East Rock 66-41. 4Q 2:54.

FINAL: Radford 74, East Rockingham 50. Quinton Morton-Robertson’s 41 points lift Bobcats to third state championship in past four years and seventh overall. Eagles finish as state runner-up and finish historic year 26-4 overall.

5 hours ago, trublue said:

Times News Sports @tnsportslive

Times News Sports Retweeted Kevin Mays

Great run by @eastsidevalive. Congrats to @pdamron23 and the Spartans on an amazing season. Way to represent!

great state

Great season Spartans. To get back with all you lost last year is extremely impressive. Heads up Sparty

Matthew Hatfield @hatfieldsports

With Radford High going wire to wire unbeaten at 30-0, the Bobcats we believe are the first undefeated VHSL Hoops team for Boys since 1996 (GW-Danville & Liberty-Bedford). They're the first since realignment to six classifications.

great state

1 hour ago, trublue said:

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

Your 2018-19 #VHSL Class 2 Girls Basketball Champions: The Wise County Central Warriors.pic.twitter.com/sH1TgEQEFr

D1QILmeXgAIDDxW.jpg

great state

Such an amazing run. All of SWVA should be mighty proud of these ladies and their class act leader.

23 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Great season Spartans. To get back with all you lost last year is extremely impressive. Heads up Sparty

Times News Sports @tnsportslive

PHOTO GALLERY: Though the season didn't end as @eastsidevalive hoped — a 57-48 loss to in the VHSL Class 1 final — the Spartans totaled 26 wins and made a second straight trip to the title game. Check out our pics by Roddy Addington and Sammy Belcher ... http://ow.ly/moTs30nZbHb pic.twitter.com/SHJU1TjHaB
D1Ql0z9W0AIfBeo.jpg
great state

49 minutes ago, trublue said:

Matthew Hatfield @hatfieldsports

With Radford High going wire to wire unbeaten at 30-0, the Bobcats we believe are the first undefeated VHSL Hoops team for Boys since 1996 (GW-Danville & Liberty-Bedford). They're the first since realignment to six classifications.

great state

Madison County ran the table in 2009-2010 to win an undefeated state title. 

1 hour ago, BBHoops_18 said:

No way Radford wasn't winning but I thought East Rock might put up more of a fight. Gate City is better than them. Hell I even think Graham was.

East Rock is a better team than what they showed tonight. Cormany did  a good job of taking Jefferson out of the game. 

And QMR was unbelievable tonight. He was on a mission.  

The Cormany kid pulled a Grayson Allen...should have been ejected. 

1 hour ago, Bearcat Bob said:

East Rock is a better team than what they showed tonight. Cormany did  a good job of taking Jefferson out of the game. 

What happened?

20 hours ago, Bearcat Bob said:

QMR is to basketball what Cam Allen was to football this year. Cormany has his moments as does his dad. His dad is a phenomenal coach though and the boy is a talented player. Congratulations to Radford on winning! 

13 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

No way Radford wasn't winning but I thought East Rock might put up more of a fight. Gate City is better than them. Hell I even think Graham was.

Gate City would have beaten East Rock today, and Graham would have had a fighting chance.  Radford was far and away the class of 2A hoops this year, and I’m happy to see them win!  Same for Central’s girls...that’s a dynasty there!

2A pretty strong this year...the 4A champ GW-Danville only had 2 losses this season...one of those to Martinsville in the reg. season (both reg. season game with M'ville decided by less than 3 points).  Radford also beat the 3A champ Northside in the tournament at Salem.

41 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Gate City would have beaten East Rock today, and Graham would have had a fighting chance.  Radford was far and away the class of 2A hoops this year, and I’m happy to see them win!  Same for Central’s girls...that’s a dynasty there!

I said this earlier and i believe it to be still true. ER had the talent to win the title. However, the coach has much to learn about post season play.  Radford took away a big cog and ER coach could not adapt. I’ll write it off to inexperience...but the man has to learn from this...so far, he had not shown the ability to improvise, adapt and overcome. 

11 hours ago, Bearcat Bob said:

I said this earlier and i believe it to be still true. ER had the talent to win the title. However, the coach has much to learn about post season play.  Radford took away a big cog and ER coach could not adapt. I’ll write it off to inexperience...but the man has to learn from this...so far, he had not shown the ability to improvise, adapt and overcome. 

Bearcat, they don't play the schedule. People took the bait in football and Hoops. Unless it's RE Lee playing for a Hoops title in 2A or Riverheads in 1A football, I just don't trust any team from that district until the title is won. That district has an active fanbase on message boards and they can be convincing, and many take the cake. I don't disagree with you Bearcat that ER was talented enough to win it, but it's hard to say they were talented enough this very year in looking what Radford had talent wise.  If they are talented enough, then Radford winning by 4-18 points could make sense. But, winning by 24 or so points is a lot of points.