State championships (3/6-3/9)

Beamerball

17 hours ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Best coach in SWVA history, not even sure it’s debatable at this point.

I take a lot of shots at Wise, but even I have the utmost respect for Dotson and what he's done over a sustained period. For a LPD school Mount Rushmore, it's hard to not include him with the other all time greats. Doing it continually and winning titles with such different casts and players against some of the most intense competition in his division, all while being the ultimate class act, he's in a league of his own. He deserves more respect.

14 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Bearcat, they don't play the schedule. People took the bait in football and Hoops. Unless it's RE Lee playing for a Hoops title in 2A or Riverheads in 1A football, I just don't trust any team from that district until the title is won. That district has an active fanbase on message boards and they can be convincing, and many take the cake. I don't disagree with you Bearcat that ER was talented enough to win it, but it's hard to say they were talented enough this very year in looking what Radford had talent wise.  If they are talented enough, then Radford winning by 4-18 points could make sense. But, winning by 24 or so points is a lot of points.

ER got outcoached. Plain and simple. I saw it coming weeks ago. The ER coach came from a D-III college where talent is pretty even. In HS, the talent is not so even. In his short HS time, he has not learned how to coach talent, if that makes sense. All that being said, even if Tony Bennett had been coaching ER, I doubt they would have won on this night.  QMR was unreal. He was not going to be denied. He has bigger cohonies than any other HS player I saw this year. 

ER does play a challenging schedule. Spotswood is just across the street and is a perrinial 4A contender (this year included). They played a very good team from WV and other teams in the Harrisonburg area. Their summer program is second to none. 

You seem to forget that the Shenandoah District has been formidable in most sports for a while. Page won state titles in baseball (against my beloved Bearcats no less) and softball last year. Lee won basketball. Both Page and Luray have won basketball titles. ER girls basketball has several titles. You know about Riverheads. 

For ER to make to the final four in football and basketball was pretty good, especially since there were only 1-2 players who played on both teams. 

The Bull Run will be a beast the next few years. ER,  Page, Luray and Stonewall are joining  the BRD.  

Now im off the soapbox and back reality... preparing my business tax returns😡

Bearcats, my comments were specifically directed to football and basketball, not baseball or girls sports as it relates to the Shenandoah. I acknowledged RE Lee in basketball. I'm not sold on ERs hoops schedule or football schedule. We agree that ER making the title game in both sports was very good, but the talk in football was that it's them and everyone else. The talk in hoops was them being equal to Radford or slightly behind, but without question, the second best team in the class 2A. All I'm saying is that in football, it was Goochland who actually had more athletes, and in Hoops, ER may have not been the second best in the state. I told you on here in the fall that Goochland may win the game in football. I've lived in the Valley area also, and I guess where we disagree is the schedule strength.  I think it's fairly weak.

We've been disappointed 2 times by ER this year when considering the talk and hype on message boards.  What got me was the hype on a couple of message boards at how athletic ER was in football and whether Goochland could match up athletically. I knew better having lived in Albermarle County and familiar with both schools. I knew Goochland was more athletic. The Shenandoah fans even had people convinced that East Rock had more athletes than Graham or Appomattox in the final 8, and some people actually bought it. I'm not knocking the power of the Shenandoah in baseball or girls sports.

WEST VIRGINIA Basketball State Tournament Games

WVVASPORTS @WVVASPORTS

Bluefield pressured Poca into 15 turnovers in its Class AA quarterfinal victory on Thursday.

great state

WEST VIRGINIA Basketball State Tournament Games

WVVASPORTS @WVVASPORTS

Bluefield was held to just 32 points in a Class AA state semifinal loss to Fairmont Senior on Friday.

great state

16 hours ago, trublue said:

WEST VIRGINIA Basketball State Tournament Games

WVVASPORTS @WVVASPORTS

Bluefield was held to just 32 points in a Class AA state semifinal loss to Fairmont Senior on Friday.

great state

They scored 19 of that 32 in the 4th quarter...

On 3/17/2019 at 12:56 PM, Hokie1Pokie said:

So, Bluefield has 13 points entering the 4th? Dear Lord!. For Chapmanville to beat Fairmont by double digits makes me wonder if Radford could beat them or Fairmont. 

Unless it's a school of 5,000+ with 4-5* talent, I'd have a hard time betting against Radford regardless of opponent.