Richlands Softball

Ryan4VT

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

They should be the cream of the crop in what is the strongest sport in SWVA.

They'll beat D-B when they play them as well...

However, don't count out the ole Wolfpack.  Going to be interesting who gets to the regional final between Richlands, Lebanon and Ridgeview.

I dont expect the Rye Cove/DB matchup to go as well this year as it did two years ago for the Cove.  RC has some talent, but will be young in some key spots.  RC drew Happy Valley and DB this year in the bracket games of the Eastman tourney.  Looks like Richlands drew Science Hill on Thursday. Macons East and Kings Academy on Friday for the Tornado.  Should be a good experience for them.

Just an FYI:  Madison County beat Page County 6-5 at Page in Monday.  Madison just beat them 1-0 at Madison. That’s the last two 2A state champs going at it this early. Both of those squads are junior laden. 

• 4 weeks later...

BlueTornadoLive Retweeted

When the Lights go down in the city....

Brady Hess @JBHess66

Rhonda Blevins Field will light up tonight for the first time around 7:30 as the Graham G-Girls roll into town to take on the Richlands Lady Blues. One of the more historic nights in the history of the softball program. @z_helton & I on the call 97.7 FM & http://star95.com/richlands-blue-tornado 

D4eNpj9W4AYk_T4.jpg

Tim Hayes Retweeted

Brady Hess @JBHess66
#VHSL Softball, Final/6: Richlands 10, Graham 0. Richlands pitcher Mac Osborne with a night that no one will forget anytime soon. A perfect game from the circle. 18 Ks. On the offensive end, Osborne hits two homers. What a night for the Blue Tornado junior. #SWD

great state

12 hours ago, trublue said:

Tim Hayes Retweeted

Brady Hess @JBHess66
#VHSL Softball, Final/6: Richlands 10, Graham 0. Richlands pitcher Mac Osborne with a night that no one will forget anytime soon. A perfect game from the circle. 18 Ks. On the offensive end, Osborne hits two homers. What a night for the Blue Tornado junior. #SWD

great state

A good softball pitcher is worth her weight in platinum.  What colleges are looking at her?  I would imagine there are loads of offers...

7 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Didn't Lebanon beat Richlands pretty significantly earlier this season?

Yes. 13-8 at Lebanon. 

They'll play at least 3 more times this season. 

21 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I still believe Battle might have something to say about that.  I think they're much more potent than the Richlands folks are giving them credit for.

They’ll play again in Richlands. 

If Richlands wins, they’ll have to play for a 3rd time to decide regular season champ and top seed. 

Then they’ll meet in the SWD title game for a 4th time. 

I feel confident in 4 meetings, and a 5th isn’t out of the question if both can get by Battle. They are absolutely legit, from what I can tell. 

6 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

They’ll play again in Richlands. 

If Richlands wins, they’ll have to play for a 3rd time to decide regular season champ and top seed. 

Then they’ll meet in the SWD title game for a 4th time. 

I feel confident in 4 meetings, and a 5th isn’t out of the question if both can get by Battle. They are absolutely legit, from what I can tell. 

Ah yeah... I forgot about the regular season tie if it happens... Lol.

I have that Tennessee mindset now I guess where they don't settle district ties by a one game playoff.  Lol.

Mac continued her dominance tonight. She struck out 13 of the 15 batters she faced tonight. Threw her 2nd perfect game in five days. And now has 48 K's in her last 3 games. 110 K's this season in 13 games (I'm not sure that she's pitched all 13). 

I used to think my sister (who holds/held all the Richlands softball pitching records) was good...until Mac happened. 

Richlands is 10-3 (3-1) now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Hayes Retweeted

Brady Hess @JBHess66

#VHSL Softball, Final: Richlands 2, Lebanon 1. A pitcher’s duel sees Blue Tornado P Mac Osborne fan 13 and Pioneers P Adrienne Morrison rings up 13 herself. Emma Crawford’s two RBI double pushes the Blues past the Pioneers to improve to 13-3 on the year & 7-1 in #SWD play.

great state

5 hours ago, trublue said:

Tim Hayes Retweeted

Brady Hess @JBHess66

#VHSL Softball, Final: Richlands 2, Lebanon 1. A pitcher’s duel sees Blue Tornado P Mac Osborne fan 13 and Pioneers P Adrienne Morrison rings up 13 herself. Emma Crawford’s two RBI double pushes the Blues past the Pioneers to improve to 13-3 on the year & 7-1 in #SWD play.

great state

That almost assures that Richlands and Lebanon will play at least 4 games this year. The'll need a regular season tiebreaker to finalize tournament seeding, and then they'll meet in the SWD tournament. Could easily meet a 5th time in the Region if either get past Battle & Ridgeview.

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

That almost assures that Richlands and Lebanon will play at least 4 games this year. The'll need a regular season tiebreaker to finalize tournament seeding, and then they'll meet in the SWD tournament. Could easily meet a 5th time in the Region if either get past Battle & Ridgeview.

If Ridgeview can even get to Region...

They beat Battle on Tuesday to give them their first district loss but then lost to Central last night.  The third and fourth seeds out of the M7 are wide open on who will get them with the exception of Lee.

Only Battle and Union are sure locks to get to Region at this point.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:32 AM, Ryan4VT said:

Mac continued her dominance tonight. She struck out 13 of the 15 batters she faced tonight. Threw her 2nd perfect game in five days. And now has 48 K's in her last 3 games. 110 K's this season in 13 games (I'm not sure that she's pitched all 13). 

I used to think my sister (who holds/held all the Richlands softball pitching records) was good...until Mac happened. 

Richlands is 10-3 (3-1) now. 

Mac is phenomenal. She’s had a great travel ball coach since she was about 7 or 8. The best players on the team have had him as coach most of these years. He’s definitely coached them up and they’ve definitely answered the challenge with hard work and determination. Kudos to these young ladies! Hope they can get that ring this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mac with another gem last night in Richlands' 4-0 victory over Union. 19 strikeouts and was a hit batsman away from a perfect game. She currently sits at 639 strikeouts for her career. Lindsey Lester previously had the record with 548. The Blues host Tazewell tonight at Rhonda Blevins Field on senior night. 

Richlands beats Tazewell 10-0 in 5 innings to close out the season. 

They'll play Lebanon on Friday (site TBD) to determine the number 1 seed in the SWD tournament. 

The winner of the SWD tournament will host the Region D tournament.