Any word on how the SWD looks this year in soccer

carrollfan

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea....Tazewell has a lot of experience jumping up to play this year, but they also lost Matt Black who was one of the best goalkeepers ever in the SWVA. He was freakin amazing and with him gone it leaves a huge hole in the backfield.

Richlands should have a pretty strong defense, but we're going to have to find some replacements for our forwards. We lost the starting three from the varsity last year. A lot of j.v. players from last year moving up. But j.v. won district last year so we should fair pretty well.

I don't know how Graham will be. They lost some talent in Belcher. He was virtually unstoppable last year, could get through about any defense. But they're always pretty strong. Should be a tight race this spring.

Brandon Tegler was the one who did the flip throw-in, but he graduated last year. We do have a sophomore who's working on it. He tryed it a couple times last year. Not as good as Brandon but he's getting there.

Holy crab not the flip throw-in. Why don't you work on some strategy instead of some stupid throw-in. It's not even accurate and there is no point to it except distance. It's going to be an inaccurate pass into the field and then killed by someone else back to the other side of the field.

He was better at the flip throw-in than a regular one. Besides, he didn't have to work on it, he could just do it. Plus, Richlands coaches aren't much for strategy. That's why we finished last in the district last year.

I'd like to see Grundy get into the soccer scene to make our district a little more competitive. Even if Grundy isnt good the first few years it will still give competition and experience to our district.

The district is really starting to even out. It will be a whole lot more competitive. I don't expect Graham to remain on top within the next two years, maybe this year, but you never know. But it's definitely going to be a close race this year. Look for a lot of PK shoot-outs.

Well graham is pretty dominant but my first look goes to tazewell...those are the two teams that are most competitive on the soccer field...carroll gave us a run of our money last year but our schedule wasnt very big...i hope that more games are scheduled for this year but cant forget about playoff games and non scheduled ones...im lookin really forward to a great season this spring...gotta love conditioning right rose...ohh yeah how bout lutz

To be honest i cant remember my freshman season and how they were...i just remember playing them...last year is about all i remember and they were decent...there are a lot of mexicans that play...not sayin nething bad about mexicans i just cant communicate with them and when they are stratigizing i dont know what they are saying...i must say its a good technique

yeah i hear you on that blue soker...it wont be like that this year tho...its just elijah and nate...most of our team is gonna consist of juniors...some very talented juniors might i add...i cant wait...5 more days cool.gif

Yea but I was sayin in the last few years. Out of the past 4 years Tazewell has been 2nd,3rd,3rd,4th(Tie). Graham is 1st in all but one year.. Carroll is 3rd,2nd,2nd,1st and Richlands is 4th,4th,4th,4th(Tie)

Well I guess we will have to wait and see.. we lost 9 out of our 11 starters from last year. So with the two returning starters comes a lot of new faces. Faces that lack varsity experiance. Richlands is really going to have to re-think their game plan for this season.