Week 2

Highlandsfan

Martinsville over Carroll. Martinsville is suppose to be the Regional champs this year.

Graham over Virginia High, VHS is really down this year and will be lucky to have a winning record.

George Wyth over Graham, Graham will get a good test from GW im going with the upset.

Tazewell over Marion, Marion is not the team from a year ago they are very young. Marion could win but Tazewell is pretty good this year.

Abingdon over Richlands, Abingdon has a little to much depth for Richlands to over come.

Abingdon over Patrick Henry.

Sullivan Central over VHS. Its going to be a long year for the bearcats.

apparently you guys have no idea about Graham's talent...we can and will beat George Wythe....GW maybe have ONE Brazilian player..but we have 11 quality starters and a very deep bench...not very many people will beat us....

If you set emotion aside and just look at the facts its pretty clear why most people do not think Graham will make it deep into State. First of all Graham did not even win their district or district tournament. Second they were handled very easily in the Regional playoffs. Third Graham lost some very talented players from a year ago, now granted most of those players caused a ton of problems for their team but still they were very good players. Forth Grahams jv last year was average, they had maybe three or four kids that could help this years team in any real way. At the very best Graham could only hope to replace what they lost and be as good as they were last year. Last year was not exactly a great season for Graham. It was one of the weaker teams they have had in awhile. Early results have not shown Graham to be a power house. I like the optimism that things will get better as the season goes on but State bound teams should not be struggling in Southwest virginia at any point in the season expecially when they havnt played the top teams in the area yet. I hope Graham will have a great season and i would love to see a Southwest Virginia team go deep into State no matter who that team is. But just understand when you tell everyone how you are going to beat them all, you are disrespecting other teams. So if other teams dont share your enthusiasm about your team dont get offended. Boast all you want its ok, but be carefull because if you slip up at any point i have a feeling a lot of people will be lineing up to take their shots at Graham. Its not ever really a good idea to give teams more reason to want to beat you. I wish everyone a safe season and good luck to everyone.

IF and that's a big IF... Graham somehow makes it to Regionals....that's where it will end and they will be destroyed by whoever they play. I still say GW by 3 goals when they play....and that's a single A team!

you guys are crazy...yeah we lost Belcher...and Tumboken...some could argue Mercke was good...but he wasnt as good as every thinks....we have plenty of talent this year and you guys cant judge last year with this year...i moved up along with 3 freshmen and 1 sophomore...and the rest of the juniors from JV....we will be a very good team....we have a different coach this year too..one wanting to win instead of have fun this year....we have a talented set of forwards in Toothman Whitt and Prieto playin a 4-4-2 and a great midfield in Blair (me) Perry Aycoth Staton Cook and many many others...and our defense is very good with Scruggs Mahood O'Neal and Furry.....we will probably change it up alot this year...but ask Richlands....the score might not have been that bad...but we are a very good team looking to posess and score when we need to then score score score and not posess the ball...our coach is a different style...he wants possession....we will make it to regionals and state...even though most of you dont believe in us...we believe in ourselves..and that will help us out.....we have tons and tons of heart...and plenty of go to players....

"i have a feeling a lot of people will be lineing up to take their shots at Graham."

that is how it has always been....everyone has always done that....its how it goes....us and Carroll County are the powerhouses of the district...and yes i will say we are cause we have won i think 14 out of 16 years maybe...hmmm....we may have had a disappointing season last year...but this year will change...we are determined...

[ QUOTE ]

If you set emotion aside and just look at the facts its pretty clear why most people do not think Graham will make it deep into State. First of all Graham did not even win their district or district tournament. Second they were handled very easily in the Regional playoffs. Third Graham lost some very talented players from a year ago, now granted most of those players caused a ton of problems for their team but still they were very good players. Forth Grahams jv last year was average, they had maybe three or four kids that could help this years team in any real way. At the very best Graham could only hope to replace what they lost and be as good as they were last year. Last year was not exactly a great season for Graham. It was one of the weaker teams they have had in awhile. Early results have not shown Graham to be a power house. I like the optimism that things will get better as the season goes on but State bound teams should not be struggling in Southwest virginia at any point in the season expecially when they havnt played the top teams in the area yet. I hope Graham will have a great season and i would love to see a Southwest Virginia team go deep into State no matter who that team is. But just understand when you tell everyone how you are going to beat them all, you are disrespecting other teams. So if other teams dont share your enthusiasm about your team dont get offended. Boast all you want its ok, but be carefull because if you slip up at any point i have a feeling a lot of people will be lineing up to take their shots at Graham. Its not ever really a good idea to give teams more reason to want to beat you. I wish everyone a safe season and good luck to everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham is 10X better than they ever thought about being last season. With unreal speed in the front as well as the back, and a understanding and posessing midfield, they can attack at any time, from anywhere. You people really dont know anything about graham's team this year, you dont know anything about anything, Graham's center midfielder, Tyler Perry is the best player in the SWD. As well as two fairly unheard of juniors, that have the fire power to score from anywhere on the field in Prieto (me) and Blair. This is just your fair warning to watch out for graham this year, if you underestimate them, they'll make you pay.