• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Lets see, "Gman" is a Administrator, should you be saying "abingdon sucks" or any disrespecting thing? some administrator you are, keep up the good work!

[/ QUOTE ]

At least I never cried when the coach chewed my ass out...

[/ QUOTE ]nope, because the band instructor usually doesnt chew out the flute players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one Tid_Bit! Where you been???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiding in the bushes cussing at kids during highschool football game in Abingdon! Per near got the coach fired for it too!

my thoughts on this is..ABINGDON needs to SUCK IT UP! and play some football, because boys you will never make it in the SWD if any of you Falcon palyers had Coach Compton you would cry! you guys are gona be the odd man out in the SWD when you will refuse to play because you dont wana get muddy, and the "A" on your uniform stands for Abercrombie i bet, seriousley quit wining you guys think your the only one's to get yelled at

You know what is really sad........is that all the football players from the SW District think that you have to be treated like that from the coaches.....when you do grow up your prospective will change.....I hope so anyway

we the players have been told not to talk about it from the other coaches and staff. i think the other coaches were told not to talk about it, or they feel like if they talk about it their job is on the line as a teacher and a coach if gregory comes back. my other teammates are afraid to talk.

i have not told the whole story yet, i will tell the whole story i promise. give me a little time. the parents that went to the schoolboard on gregorys offence only think that gregory was yelling and cussing, they dont know about what else gregory was in suspended for. If gregory is not fired or suspended the rest of the year. I promise that i will tell you all everything that has happened last year and this year. 2 other boys on the team were suspended for the first half of our game this friday b/c they cussed last friday night at the game. i think if you guys give it some time some other players will talk.

Just out of curiosity, how would you treat them if you were head coach? How would you instill the discipline and intensity it takes to play the game of football? How would you assert your authority?

[ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity, how would you treat them if you were head coach? How would you instill the discipline and intensity it takes to play the game of football? How would you assert your authority?

[/ QUOTE ]

A-MEN

coach gregory needs to be a real man and tell everything that is agianst him like last year and all the other things when he is on the news he wants everyone to think it was just friday nights game against richlands but it isnt the yelling everybody gets yelled at by someone coach mance is the best coach in all of sw va he gets respect because he gives respect to the players

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Lets see, "Gman" is a Administrator, should you be saying "abingdon sucks" or any disrespecting thing? some administrator you are, keep up the good work!

[/ QUOTE ]

At least I never cried when the coach chewed my ass out...

[/ QUOTE ]nope, because the band instructor usually doesnt chew out the flute players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one Tid_Bit! Where you been???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiding in the bushes cussing at kids during highschool football game in Abingdon! Per near got the coach fired for it too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have truly missed your humor!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were the Abingdon coach...I'd call them into my office, sit them down, I'd give them each a box of Kleenex, bend over and give each one a big ol' hug, tell them that it is OK and that basketball season is only a couple months away...then I'd tell them to get the @#$@ out of my office and go back to playing with their dolls...

no one ever said that you attacked anyone directly, but you are attacking a school as a whole, and thats wrong too...not everyone in the school wants to get rid of coach gregory, personally i think the whole thing is a bunch of crap, just let the man do his job, his way...even if it means yelling occasionally...but of course, like the rest of you, i wasnt down on the field, so i dont know if anything that they said happened really happened...but as far as i know it didnt...but anyway abingdon doesnt suck...if you take a look at the basketball team...or the wrestling team, were ranked top twenty in the state...i dont think that bluefield is...or whatever backwoods holler you come from

[ QUOTE ]

no one ever said that you attacked anyone directly, but you are attacking a school as a whole, and thats wrong too...not everyone in the school wants to get rid of coach gregory, personally i think the whole thing is a bunch of crap, just let the man do his job, his way...even if it means yelling occasionally...but of course, like the rest of you, i wasnt down on the field, so i dont know if anything that they said happened really happened...but as far as i know it didnt...but anyway abingdon doesnt suck...if you take a look at the basketball team...or the wrestling team, were ranked top twenty in the state...i dont think that bluefield is...or whatever backwoods holler you come from

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, but this isn't basketball...its FOOTBALL, something folks in Washington Co. know NOTHING about...

Well we're taught not to complain where I'm from. If I said a cross word to my pappy he'd slap me all the way down the backwards ass holler until I kissed my sister. Guess ya'll city folk don't know nuthin' 'bout that, though.

[/ QUOTE ]This is the perfect example of what is wrong with Abingdon. They think that everyone else is hicks and are lower than them. I like most people from Abingdon but the few bigshots call all of the shots.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree ploolt !! and it IS everybody's business, because it is being discussed here. if you don't want people to talk about it, why would you keep posting? abingdon needs to take a lesson from the quotes of mance and adams in the paper; if not they may NEVER have decent football again due to the PC crowd. little trivia for you as well - who, and how long, is the longest tenured head football coach in the history of ahs??

Good point GMan. Nothing like the facts to clear things up and get everybody on the same page (not gonna happen). I think we all need to get on the Dr. Phil show and work this thing out. Not that I watch Dr. Phil or anything.....just heard some people talking at work....lol. Seriously, if there are other considerations, perhaps he should have been punished due to those; but yelling at players ???? Weak, silly, vengeful, political........these are all words that spring to mind; but I don't believe, for a second, that words such as these represent the students and adminstration at AHS. Time will tell.

[ QUOTE ]

I found out the rest of the story. Gregory was against the Cinemall serving beer, stating the kids will skip school and get drunk. The parents, all for the beer being served, thought it is a great idea. After hearing arguments from the parents the school board took the side of the parents, mainly based on the idea that it would be easier for them to take the beatings drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. where are you from?? this is not even close to what's going on!! just stop trying

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I found out the rest of the story. Gregory was against the Cinemall serving beer, stating the kids will skip school and get drunk. The parents, all for the beer being served, thought it is a great idea. After hearing arguments from the parents the school board took the side of the parents, mainly based on the idea that it would be easier for them to take the beatings drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. where are you from?? this is not even close to what's going on!! just stop trying

[/ QUOTE ]

One word...SARCASM...look it up in the dictionary...or better yet, learn about it in English class...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What they are doing is illustrating that you are using hear-say for the basis of your arguement by using outlandish and fanciful statements in the form of hear-say. It's to highlight that your logic is baseless. It's a trial lawyers tatic.

Come on ......keep arguing.....this is entertaining as hell!