Who will win region IV???

carrollfan

Ok that is why the best of the best from abingdon say they will probably not win against marion this year. The games are going to be very close but don't see abingdon pulling it out. Public opinion from abingdon marion area is leaning more for marion right now. Marion and Abingdon play on the same travel team and practice together 2 times a week. We know how good each others teams are going to be. NO TEAM FROM THE SWD WILL BEAT ABINGDON OR MARION!!!!!! (by the way marion has 5 starters on the traveling team and abingdon has 3 the rest are from Tennesee high)

well both win at home. just like last year. and the year before that. you have to pull out somethin crazy to win at the ford. both teams will be just about sick judging from the travel team though.

• 2 weeks later...

no team will beat marion or abingdon, thats an understatement. I dont think they will beat any team from the highlands. Atleast last year virginia high tied marion once. Thats more than any swd team did. I think virginia high is well coached and thats the bigest difference between the two districts(coaching staff).

The coaches of Marion and Abingdon are some of the best in the region because they are the only ones that made it to the region finals. Marion's coaches are both veterans of collegiate level soccer and can take what they know and teach it with ease allowing the players to expand their knowledge and constantly expand their skills on the field.

you can't base how good the coaches are on how far they get..well you can til an extent..those other teams have tons of more talent than the others..not that hard to be a good coach when you have great players..it takes a good coach to turn average players into a great team

they key to who will win regions this year is who works the hardest in the offseason. i don't know about the other teams, but i know that marion and abingdon are both working hard right now (which isn't to say that other teams aren't). and plus i can see abingdon taking the game at marion. its always tough but abingdon returns everyone from last years team, or at least everyone good. they should improve significantly over last years team

if Marion is returning everyone from last year then the Graham games will be very VERY close...we played them good last year and will play them good this year...we might have a better team then last year going by team chemistry...if Marion is returning everyone...then it will be a good set of games for both teams...

[ QUOTE ]

i can see abingdon taking the game at marion. its always tough

[/ QUOTE ]

The Marion Seniors have not lost at home during the regular season since they entered high school. They have only one home loss their freshmen year in the region semi's. So 'seeing A-town beat Marion at the Ford is going to be a little bit more than tough its going to be impossible.

Just a friendly reminder, starting with the 2007-2008 school year your friends from Blacksburg join Region IV.

So everyone needs to step up their programs if you want to compete for championships. I have already heard Graham is scheduling Blacksburg in the Spring.

wonder who the team was that beat them in the regions that year? and it was not the semis it was the quarter finals.

I believe that we also beat them at their place during the season that year also.

something else to think about. before abingdons seniors entered the varsity program abingdon was 0-27 all time against marion. since then abingdon has gone 8-3 by my count with all 3 losses at seven mile ford. no lie its hard to get a win there but its very possible. if theres ever been a time to do it its this year.