Top Players In Region IV

abingdonfan

i would've figured the 1994 team had the most wins in a season since they made it all the way to the state finals. i guess maybe they play more games in the regular season now than they did back then though.

[ QUOTE ]

Thats funny....Martinsville will be the region finalist....if you had actually watched one of their games you would know that....Martinsville is actually chasing the mark set by our 2003-2004 team for wins in a season...might make it to the regional finals what a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is Martinsville so confident they can make it to the region finals?

well anyways, the best goalie around that I HAVE SEEN, would be the Carroll County goalkeeper. He stopped some crazy shots that marion's soccer players shot at him. There is no debate on that matter. Now for the rest of the region, i am not sure about the rest of the goalkeepers. But i would definitely like to see them play.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Thats funny....Martinsville will be the region finalist....if you had actually watched one of their games you would know that....Martinsville is actually chasing the mark set by our 2003-2004 team for wins in a season...might make it to the regional finals what a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is Martinsville so confident they can make it to the region finals?

[/ QUOTE ]

a better question is why does one person stating it on a messageboard make you think that Martinsville (the coaches and the players) feel "so confident they can make it to the region finals"?

if they get the number one seed from the highlands then they will not be tested until the 2nd round and that might be either tazewell or bassett. We have played both these teams and I believe that Marion will beat either team hands down.

no I would not say a down year. I have not seen them since the beginning of the year but they have played martinsville strong but lost to them 3-1 and 2-0. they will be a good match for you but if you stop their number 9 i believe then you will stop them. He scored like three on us last year and scored i believe one in a scrimage earlier this year.

[ QUOTE ]

well anyways, the best goalie around that I HAVE SEEN, would be the Carroll County goalkeeper.

[/ QUOTE ]

i highly doubt we'll be seeing anymore of carroll's keeper this season. it's a shame.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

well anyways, the best goalie around that I HAVE SEEN, would be the Carroll County goalkeeper.

[/ QUOTE ]

i highly doubt we'll be seeing anymore of carroll's keeper this season. it's a shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? are they not advancing to next round or did something happen to him? any responses on any other goalkeepers?

no i dont think he is the best goalie. One game does not decide if you are the best. you need to play at your best at all your games and not just one. take that into account. For example, austin cole from marion played in one game and played better than any other defender on the field but i would not consider him the best defender out there.

D. Mills is the best all-around goaly by far in our region. He is the most fundamentally sound goaly for sure. He saved abingdon in the last 15 min on Sat. He made 3 incredible saves that most goalies would have never dreamed of makin.

regardless of what anyone may think or say...martinsville WILL be the team to beat in the region. they will easily make the finals like they have since, well, i'd say 2000 as far back as i can remember their dominance persisting. it's not overconfidence it's just good coaching and a great program.