William Campbell

beaverball

Good luck with Campbell next week. They are very fast, but what impresses me most about them is their dissapline. They have a very well coached program. Their coach is a little cocky, and has been contoversial at times, but he still knows his stuff. Should be a good game. Yall have a tough schedule, just like us. That makes you get better fast.

[ QUOTE ]

Good luck with Campbell next week. They are very fast, but what impresses me most about them is their dissapline. They have a very well coached program. Their coach is a little cocky, and has been contoversial at times, but he still knows his stuff. Should be a good game. Yall have a tough schedule, just like us. That makes you get better fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad to see that game last night didn't do you in. I'm sure that it was a heart-stopping game to witness, especially being a fan of one of the teams involved.

speed vs speed, should be a good matchup. I would love to see this game. I'm not sold on Bluefield yet, they've beaten a Graham team that is obviously not up to par, after last night's performance and a suspect Princeton team. I think they get their first real challenge this friday.

That game nearly did us all in. These Blacksburg games are tough for us, and they have you on the edge of your seat. It really makes us a better football team. They had a lot more speed than us, and they know how to use it, but our attitude really impressed me. Hopefully this big win wont affect our attitude in preparing for C-burg. They are dangerous as well. Good luck Friday. Campbell and Richlands both may be down a mark from normal, but its early yet. Thats why it has to be proven on the field.

Larry Bradley, Brad Bradley's father was the head coach at Grundy in the late 70's early 80's. Larry Bradley is a big reason that Salem is a perennial powerhouse. He coaches the Andrew Lewis Middle School team, the feeder for Salem High. Brad Bradley is 35 and has already won two state titles. He is for real, and a pretty nice guy. But, he takes his football very seriously. Game of the week is a toss up. WC vs. Bluefield or Richlands vs. PV. Gonna be some good games Friday night.

[ QUOTE ]

Doesn't their coach(?? Bradley I think) have some sort of local ties?

[/ QUOTE ]

Grandson of Burrhead, son of Larry, 1st cousin of Bluefield [censored] coach Bill Dudley. Lots of local ties.......

[ QUOTE ]

I would think Bluefield should handle this game pretty easily. WC got it took to them by a quick JI Burton squad in a scrimmage. WC is well coached, and has talent, but is fairly young I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to be the "Devil's Advocate" but I don't think WC played their "first teamers" against JIB...if they did, I REALLY think they may have been "sandbagging" a bit...

I guess we'll see Friday night...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Grandson of Burrhead, son of Larry, 1st cousin of Bluefield [censored] coach Bill Dudley. Lots of local ties.......

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weird...wonder why it censored the word you used. You're mentioning the semi-pro team in Bluefield, right? Let me try that. Bluefield [censored]. Bluefield B a r o n s.

Wow...it does censor that word out. Wonder why?

[ QUOTE ]

I would think Bluefield should handle this game pretty easily. WC got it took to them by a quick JI Burton squad in a scrimmage. WC is well coached, and has talent, but is fairly young I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Bluefield has "played" anybody as good as JIB this season...Graham is in for a very very long season...Princeton isn't much better. I was not impressed at all with Bluefield...even if WC is down this year...they will give Bluefield all they can handle.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weird...wonder why it censored the word you used. You're mentioning the semi-pro team in Bluefield, right? Let me try that. Bluefield [censored]. Bluefield B a r o n s.

Wow...it does censor that word out. Wonder why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure if you PM the g-man, he will tell you....lol

[ QUOTE ]

I would think Bluefield should handle this game pretty easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree, this will be the only game this year when Bluefield will face a more athletic roster than themselves.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to be the "Devil's Advocate" but I don't think WC played their "first teamers" against JIB...if they did, I REALLY think they may have been "sandbagging" a bit...

I guess we'll see Friday night...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think WC sandbagged. As larry_legend stated they had played 2 halves already, but so had Burton, and Burton was just finished a half while WC rested.

WC wasn't in near as good of conditioning as JIB. Those boys were pretty tired from WC. WC did play their starters the whole time. They looked good, its just that their line got whipped by JIB.

If it was in a true full game, I still think JIB is the better team, at least early in the season. If you think about it 2 years ago when played each other in the finals, WC won 18-0. I don't think this WC team is as good as that one, and JIB is much improved IMO.