'07 SWD Predictions

TonyMontana

well this is how i see it playing out this year and mark this up cause i think it will be preety accurate

1. Grundy

2. Richlands

3. Carrol County

4. Abingdon

5. Tazewell

6. graham

7. Marion

I think that is exactly how this year will be in the southwest district and yeah the reason why i think grundy will win is because they just got to much experience i mean honeslty think about it they got four returning starters and those four competer last year and won this district last year when it was harder then what this years is going to be and they competed and in some areas dominated so i mean i honestly do believe grundy will win hands down i see them going undefeated in the district this year

[ QUOTE ]

well this is how i see it playing out this year and mark this up cause i think it will be preety accurate

1. Grundy

2. Richlands

3. Carrol County

4. Abingdon

5. Tazewell

6. graham

7. Marion

I think that is exactly how this year will be in the southwest district and yeah the reason why i think grundy will win is because they just got to much experience i mean honeslty think about it they got four returning starters and those four competer last year and won this district last year when it was harder then what this years is going to be and they competed and in some areas dominated so i mean i honestly do believe grundy will win hands down i see them going undefeated in the district this year

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that graham could finish in front of tazewell

you know correct me if i am wrong but didnt last year grundy at the end of the season lay a beating on abingdon, and wanst abingdon suppose to be o so good i mean yeah i know they beat grundy but it was the first game of the season and abingdon had already played three or so games grundy will wipe the floor with abingdon for the meer fact they got almost the same team that they did last year when they beat nick viers team so yeah

[ QUOTE ]

abingdon will not finish 4th (try 1/2) in either the boys or girls this season. and that's the bottom line cause cowboyup said so!

[/ QUOTE ]

districts up for grabs this year for the boys we might as well just stop talking about it cuz it could be anyone maybe not marion or graham idk though... in girls maybe abingdon has a chance to beat carroll but no other team will be close.. watts is back and so are the freshman that played alot last year

well grahams working pretty hard this offseason. im not saying that they're in contention for the district but give them credit that most of the boys are dedicated and carlock has put a good amount of money into the program. i know that district will be fun to watch this year though best of luck to all teams

My guess is that the regular season champ gets a bye in the first round. This will leave 6 teams and the winner of seed 5 and 6 will have to play the regular season champ in the second round. Sound reasonable?

I would say that 1 place get a bye; 2 place would host 7th, 3 would host 6 and 4 would host 5. Then you would play the semis and the championship at the number one seed. Just my thought it may not work out this way

I think that Grundy will win the district this year because we are returning 4 starters this year that started all year plus 2 others who started some last year. Our bench is loaded with experience this year which we didn't have last year.

[ QUOTE ]

abingdon will not finish 4th (try 1/2) in either the boys or girls this season. and that's the bottom line cause cowboyup said so!

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to go with my boy Cowboy on this one. Definitely will be the top 2. Look at the past several years, these guys have played awesome and I think will continue to do so.

[ QUOTE ]

1. Grundy

2. Richlands

3. Carrol County

4. Abingdon

5. Tazewell

6. graham

7. Marion

[/ QUOTE ]

Marion will NOT finish last this season.....

[ QUOTE ]

you know correct me if i am wrong but didnt last year grundy at the end of the season lay a beating on abingdon, and wanst abingdon suppose to be o so good i mean yeah i know they beat grundy but it was the first game of the season and abingdon had already played three or so games grundy will wipe the floor with abingdon for the meer fact they got almost the same team that they did last year when they beat nick viers team so yeah

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not know much about Abingdon Basketball. Last year's team wasn't very good. Period. Viers was a joke. He folded in big games but played like a champ vs. Battle and PH. Yeah Grundy was a good team last year and they did kick our butt at home. But Abingdon has and always will play to the crowd size. Grayson Co. Beat us two years ago in front of a crowd of less than 300 people. We didn't take them serious and we didn't take you all serious cause you weren't district. This year will be different. Trust Me. Abingdon Will Win Both Grundy meetings. And Make the Play offs.