Austin Fuller...

hasbeen88

[ QUOTE ]

I heard he is getting a "full ride" scholarship to Va. Tech. Is their any truth in this?

If so, for offense or defense?

[/ QUOTE ]

I challenge him to a pie eaten contest

I think Fuller could also be used as a TE. I know he has played receiver in high school and he is pretty good on defense, but considering his size and his speed being about a 4.6, I feel he could fit right in as a TE if he gains some more weight.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I heard he is getting a "full ride" scholarship to Va. Tech. Is their any truth in this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I challenge him to a pie eaten contest

[/ QUOTE ]

Big un believe you would win that one hands down!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I think Fuller could also be used as a TE. I know he has played receiver in high school and he is pretty good on defense, but considering his size and his speed being about a 4.6, I feel he could fit right in as a TE if he gains some more weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think tha would happen at tech with the size of their TEs...

for example...

Andrew Lanier - TE 6' 5" 249 Fr.

Greg Nosal - TE 6' 6" 271 Fr. Virginia Beach, Va.

David Stanton - TE 6' 5" 236 Fr. Richlands, Va.

Sam Wheeler 1 1 TE 6' 3" 267 r-So. Blacksburg, Va

Andre Smith - TE 6' 4" 245 r-Fr. Germantown, Md.

Greg Boone 1 TE 6' 3" 291 r-So. Chesapeake, Va.

TEs in college are now linemen with hands...

yeah thats true but you dont have to be big to be a lineman. Chandler from Iowa last year was one of the top TEs in the nation and wasnt very big. Idk..I think Fuller is a good player overall. Idk what he would play at VT but hopefully it's something cause I dont wanna see his talent wasted.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

he wont play for awhile but we may see him somewhere at lane stadium... the kid can play any position in high school, and therefore has many skills. Hopefully they put a wrinkle in to add him to the gameplan on down the road.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think tha would happen at tech with the size of their TEs...

for example...

Andrew Lanier - TE 6' 5" 249 Fr.

Greg Nosal - TE 6' 6" 271 Fr. Virginia Beach, Va.

David Stanton - TE 6' 5" 236 Fr. Richlands, Va.

Sam Wheeler 1 1 TE 6' 3" 267 r-So. Blacksburg, Va

Andre Smith - TE 6' 4" 245 r-Fr. Germantown, Md.

Greg Boone 1 TE 6' 3" 291 r-So. Chesapeake, Va.

TEs in college are now linemen with hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

After a year or so of training I don't see why Fuller couldn't get up into the 240lb range. What is he now a good 205, 210? He already has the height, about 6'4", I'd say. I could see Fuller as a TE in the future. With Tyrod the starter, a more recieving oriented TE could be utilized with the QB's ability to scramble. We need a big blocking TE right now with Glennon a pocket passer. The offense should open up within the next couple of years.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

do you realize how hard it is to gain 45 lbs of weight? especially muscle?

not to mention with all the running and stuff he will be doing...

and im not downing Austin in any way but you will never see him as a TE. It isnt happening. At any level they are block first catch second. And look at the freshman, coming in are 245... not after 2 years. and 2nd austin fuller according to rivals.com is 6'2" not 6'4".

no freaking way fuller would ever be a te in blacksburg. a.) he doesn't have the frame (specifically the height) for it, and b.) tech's got a ton of te's already: wheeler, drager, boone, etc (nosal's expected to move to ot).

i've heard he'll have a shot as a possession receiver and also at safety.

I'm no expert, but I watched his highlight videos prior to the season and saw him live twice this year and if I were to take a stab at it, I'm guessing he ends up at FS. He reminds me a lot of a kid who plays the same position @ Penn State, Anthony Scirotto. He's got the build, the speed, the coverage instincts, and the tackling capability to play center field.

I could be wrong though.

[ QUOTE ]

Well I wish the kid the best of luck, just hope he don't go and pull a McCraken (sp).........

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Blues fan, thanks for the first part of your post, the second part wasn't needed.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruitin...ce%3fconfId%3d1

untitled.jpg

On ESPN.com's list of verbal commitments for VT they have him listed as a WR, but Im not sure if that means they were recruiting him as a WR or if that was just based on his playing WR at Richlands.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

On ESPN.com's list of verbal commitments for VT they have him listed as a WR, but Im not sure if that means they were recruiting him as a WR or if that was just based on his playing WR at Richlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are recruiting him as a WR and that is where he will likely play. If you noticed DJ Coles from Goochland, the Defending Single A Division 2 State Champs, is a RB in High School but will be WR at Tech.

[ QUOTE ]

I talked to him the other day and he said they want to move him to a saftey or rover.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, he doesn't appear to have the straight ahead speed to play WR & dominate @ Virginia Tech. He could prolly fit in as a possession WR, mainly because of his hands and adjustment to the ball in the air, but he just seems like a natural for the S position. Look at how he plays. His coverage skills fit, his speed fits, and he is a shoulder down, head up, drive-you-to-the-ground type of tackler. He has a knack for being around the ball and "hawking" for it. Thats his future.

my guess would be safety he has that kind of build

not trying to put him down but it takes an INCREDIBLE ammount of talent to play offense at that level justin hamilton was a very talented player and couldnt do it he played RB and WR but shined at safety