Graham @ Marion

54_rakes_5

The difference is at Graham a 7 win year is avg. ....at Marion its one of your greatest teams of all time....that's what you are up against....the only way to change that is to beat them year in and year out for a few years...not once in the playoffs...but year in and year out....along with Tazewell, and Richlands....you guys have yet to do that so you dont really "demand" the respect that those schools do. The only way you change that is to win against those teams...after about 3 or 4 years if you can beat 2 out of 3 of those teams on a regular basis...people will start looking at Marion and dreading to see them come to town...you can say that "the only game that matters is this year" and all that sort of thing...but, the history has everything to do with getting the respect you want...beating Graham once every 25 years won't get it for you.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is at Graham a 7 win year is avg. ....at Marion its one of your greatest teams of all time....that's what you are up against....the only way to change that is to beat them year in and year out for a few years...not once in the playoffs...but year in and year out....along with Tazewell, and Richlands....you guys have yet to do that so you dont really "demand" the respect that those schools do. The only way you change that is to win against those teams...after about 3 or 4 years if you can beat 2 out of 3 of those teams on a regular basis...people will start looking at Marion and dreading to see them come to town...you can say that "the only game that matters is this year" and all that sort of thing...but, the history has everything to do with getting the respect you want...beating Graham once every 25 years won't get it for you.

Lance, see bud you have no clue what you are talking about. Since you are talking about "all time", Marion was dominant back in the 60`s and early 70`s. Yes, back when Marion was in the old Southwest District. They gave out a trophy every year back then to which school done the best in sports. Marion won it every year and they finally done away with the trophy because no one else could win it. Marion had some great teams back in the 60`s and early 70`s. So Lance you need to research your history before you say seven wins is one of the greatest teams of all-time.

Lance, see bud you have no clue what you are talking about. Since you are talking about "all time", Marion was dominant back in the 60`s and early 70`s. Yes, back when Marion was in the old Southwest District. They gave out a trophy every year back then to which school done the best in sports. Marion won it every year and they finally done away with the trophy because no one else could win it. Marion had some great teams back in the 60`s and early 70`s. So Lance you need to research your history before you say seven wins is one of the greatest teams of all-time.

is that when the nut house over there was up and running?you sure they wasnt getting the crazy people on those vintage teams?i think the question here is will marion be able to beat graham.the answer is NO.this is 2008 not 2007.and marion doesnt have the RB they had last year,and we have 3 very good ones.we dont have to stop marions running game.marion has to put up more points than Graham does.and i dont think they will.Graham 35 marion 21

Oh yeah, your region champion team in 2001. Good team......I think Graham beat them 46-12 if I remember correctly. That is the difference between Graham and Marion. When we are good and you are good.......we destroy you. When you are good and we are terrible you barely beat us.....

I dont care look back at last year we ran yall in the ground in the playoff game...

is that when the nut house over there was up and running?you sure they wasnt getting the crazy people on those vintage teams?i think the question here is will marion be able to beat graham.the answer is NO.this is 2008 not 2007.and marion doesnt have the RB they had last year,and we have 3 very good ones.we dont have to stop marions running game.marion has to put up more points than Graham does.and i dont think they will.Graham 35 marion 21

Actually we have the same hb we had last year. We do not have the fb we had last year.

Why does it seem as though everybody, not just Marion, is gettin a little angry at graham? or well, with these Graham fans? What could they possibly doing to make everybody mad? Hmmmm? As far as I'm concerned (not to bring up ancient history or anything) Graham is, as of right now, 0-3. Marion has a damn good chance to beat them, but then after all this stuff said on here, some Graham fan (no names) will come on and congragulate them, to maintain some kind of integrity. Alright, I"m done.

Wait!

Marion 28 Graham 14

I do not get most of you people on here, I mean you come on a site like this and talk "smack", what ever happened to letting the players play the game. Sure you may have a thought into who is going to win or who you would like to win last I checked that is called "school spirit". So I say let it be settled on the field, but nothing wrong in believing your team will win. One that that kinda bothers me to is I saw in the swva standings on this site that a team I believe was 16th place was 0-1 well hmmm Marion we are 2-1 shouldn't we least be ahead of that team?

Why does it seem as though everybody, not just Marion, is gettin a little angry at graham? or well, with these Graham fans? What could they possibly doing to make everybody mad? Hmmmm? As far as I'm concerned (not to bring up ancient history or anything) Graham is, as of right now, 0-3. Marion has a damn good chance to beat them, but then after all this stuff said on here, some Graham fan (no names) will come on and congragulate them, to maintain some kind of integrity. Alright, I"m done.

Wait!

Marion 28 Graham 14

I will say this, I`m not mad at Graham. I have the utmost respect for Graham football. I just think Marion can win. Will they? Who knows but I will say that Graham has all of the respect in the world from me.

Edited by HurricaneWarning

we're 2-1...blah blah blah....why won't anyone respect our two pillow fights we won?...blah blah blah....we beat Graham last year in the playoffs....blah blah blah...Va High is TUFFFF.....blah blah blah....we won everything ever played in the 60's...blah blah blah...

...someone get this lady a tampon.

That pretty much sums it up.

we're 2-1...blah blah blah....why won't anyone respect our two pillow fights we won?...blah blah blah....we beat Graham last year in the playoffs....blah blah blah...Va High is TUFFFF.....blah blah blah....we won everything ever played in the 60's...blah blah blah...

...someone get this lady a tampon.

That pretty much sums it up.

Boo hoo hoo, I`m from Grundy and we can`t win at anything so I have to run my mouth to Marion fans. Boo hoo hoo

noone is demanding respect but you have to respect every team you play no matter who it is if you dont you are prob gonna go in the game and think you have it won and get your a$$ handed to you

Doesnt have the RB? you have no clue wat you are talking about Marions RB is averageing more yards then last years and leads the roanoke times are in scoreing so believe what you want to but do some research before you throw retarded think you know it all facts in there that are not true

Boo hoo hoo, I`m from Grundy and we can`t win at anything so I have to run my mouth to Marion fans. Boo hoo hoo

lol...right.

You know they say it's better to keep your mouth shut and let the world think you are an idiot than it is to open it and prove them right...too late for you this time though.

two things there big guy... our RB this year avgs more yards a game than lyons did last year and the nut house is still up and runnin on the hill...

two things there big guy... our RB this year avgs more yards a game than lyons did last year and the nut house is still up and runnin on the hill...

Maybe he should join it he'd fit in well there maybe even be a nice new play toy

...and don't forget about the ever lovely Hungry Mother Park...always a crowd pleaser.

oh it is at least we have it instead of a movie theatre in a mountain and a wal mart coming soon sign thats been there for 4 years