Graham @ Marion

54_rakes_5

and its not the fact that Graham maybe is the better team??? out of all your posts i have noticed you havent really given Graham the credit for winning..you have said that it was Marion's fault..Marion should have done this better Marion should have done that better...maybe Graham was just the better team last night

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good hard nosed competitive game. Marion made some critical mistakes that could have changed the outcome... However, that's part of the game, Graham executed a little better than Marion. I think the difference was Graham's huge offensive line, which allowed Graham to run the ball very well and control the clock. Graham ran about 25 more offensive plays than Marion. And Yes, Marion did seem to get a 10 or 12 yard run, every other time they ran the ball. They had several tackles for loss and qb sacks which hurt their total yardage...Graham is a "good" football team, but I don't think anybody that saw that game, as I did last night was in awe of Graham. Graham has a chance to be very good, if they get their defense in gear.

I can tell you one fact for certain, however, is that Graham must have more fans that post on this messageboard, than they do that actually show up to watch them at an away football game. Marion is just a one hour drive, regardless of gas prices, what's with less than 150 people at the game? I counted about 140 sitting in the stands...That's ridiculous, I never remember Graham traveling with such a small crowd.

and its not the fact that Graham maybe is the better team??? out of all your posts i have noticed you havent really given Graham the credit for winning..you have said that it was Marion's fault..Marion should have done this better Marion should have done that better...maybe Graham was just the better team last night

thats exactly wat im sayin they were the better team LAST NIGHT but we could still meet up again

It was a good hard nosed competitive game. Marion made some critical mistakes that could have changed the outcome... However, that's part of the game, Graham executed a little better than Marion. I think the difference was Graham's huge offensive line, which allowed Graham to run the ball very well and control the clock. Graham ran about 25 more offensive plays than Marion. And Yes, Marion did seem to get a 10 or 12 yard run, every other time they ran the ball. They had several tackles for loss and qb sacks which hurt their total yardage...Graham is a "good" football team, but I don't think anybody that saw that game, as I did last night was in awe of Graham. Graham has a chance to be very good, if they get their defense in gear.

I can tell you one fact for certain, however, is that Graham must have more fans that post on this messageboard, than they do that actually show up to watch them at an away football game. Marion is just a one hour drive, regardless of gas prices, what's with less than 150 people at the game? I counted about 140 sitting in the stands...That's ridiculous, I never remember Graham traveling with such a small crowd.

yeah i wish some things coulda went our way but we didnt execute very well last night but that happens

haha well maybe frogs do have wings cause lance doesnt seem like he knws to much....the teams were pretty even on the ground but, number 1 killed us on the outside though...plus we had lil mistakes that killed us, u take those mistakes out we keep the ball for prolly 3 more minutes on those drives and score

yeah I don't know anything...anyone here can tell you that...I think I was 2nd or 3rd overall in the pickem last year and I was 7-1 this week missing only the GW OT game...I missed the score of the Marion game by 1 point...and I told you guys going in to it how it would play out yet you still seem to not believe it after it's over....but, you are right, I don't know anything.

i would have loved to have been there for the game..however did you not think that people actually have other things to do???? i had soccer practice to get ready for my game tonight (btw Bluefield College vs. Averett tonight at 7pm at the East River Soccer Complex). the fact that i had practice AND i dont have a car of my own as of now due to my old car being out of commission for good now.

with the gas situation what it was this weekend, I'm guessing that had something to do with it...word was out yesterday morning gas might be $5 a gallon IF you could find it...I know I had a few PM's from people asking if there was any gas in this area? So I'd say that is probably something to consider...plus you get a lot of older fans at the Graham home games that can't travel...I noticed that myself the last time I sat over on Graham's side...although I admit I felt out of place lol. I think the gas situation kept more than a few at the house though.

yeah I don't know anything...anyone here can tell you that...I think I was 2nd or 3rd overall in the pickem last year and I was 7-1 this week missing only the GW OT game...I missed the score of the Marion game by 1 point...and I told you guys going in to it how it would play out yet you still seem to not believe it after it's over....but, you are right, I don't know anything.
\

pickin scores right and all that stuff doesnt mean u knw football but thats pretty good on the scores though

i would have loved to have been there for the game..however did you not think that people actually have other things to do???? i had soccer practice to get ready for my game tonight (btw Bluefield College vs. Averett tonight at 7pm at the East River Soccer Complex). the fact that i had practice AND i dont have a car of my own as of now due to my old car being out of commission for good now.

well good luck with ur game tonight

\

pickin scores right and all that stuff doesnt mean u knw football but thats pretty good on the scores though

I'm a "student of the game" so to speak...I watch more film on these teams than you would ever imagine....lol. Think what you want.

I'm a "student of the game" so to speak...I watch more film on these teams than you would ever imagine....lol. Think what you want.

thats pretty dedicated watchin film like that i watch film but thats only b/c a play lol

thats pretty dedicated watchin film like that i watch film but thats only b/c a play lol

well..congrats on playing and not sitting on your butt playing xbox like a lot of kids...you have my respect for that....I'd rather watch HS football than college or pro any day...and when you have a site like this to keep up with it helps to actually see the games...I don't watch much else on TV...lol.

well..congrats on playing and not sitting on your butt playing xbox like a lot of kids...you have my respect for that....I'd rather watch HS football than college or pro any day...and when you have a site like this to keep up with it helps to actually see the games...I don't watch much else on TV...lol.

i hate pro football but college is cool b/c there not playin for money and bitchin when they dont get it...but do u actually go to the games

i hate pro football but college is cool b/c there not playin for money and bitchin when they dont get it...but do u actually go to the games

i go every week unless there is some reason I can't...family or whatever....but yeah...this is my favorite time of year...lol. I hit the Grundy games mostly, but depending on who they are playing or what other games are going on I might travel to some other place...this week it was Abingdon vs. Richlands....was a toss up for that or the Marion vs. Graham game...but my friend I went with wanted to go see Richlands so that's where we ended up going. Nothing better than going out to the games and sitting in the stands.

i go every week unless there is some reason I can't...family or whatever....but yeah...this is my favorite time of year...lol. I hit the Grundy games mostly, but depending on who they are playing or what other games are going on I might travel to some other place...this week it was Abingdon vs. Richlands....was a toss up for that or the Marion vs. Graham game...but my friend I went with wanted to go see Richlands so that's where we ended up going. Nothing better than going out to the games and sitting in the stands.

i have to disagree the only thing better then watchin is playin lol

I agree...but, that doesn't last long enough unfortunatly...enjoy it while you have it.

thats true i only have my senior year then the college career and im done so i gotta live it up

thats true i only have my senior year then the college career and im done so i gotta live it up

where are you wanting to go play college ball at? anywhere in particular or you just know you want to keep playing for now?

where are you wanting to go play college ball at? anywhere in particular or you just know you want to keep playing for now?

im not sure yet, but ppl been watchin and sendin stuff so ill prolly chose frm the letters and stuff

im not sure yet, but ppl been watchin and sendin stuff so ill prolly chose frm the letters and stuff

cool...well best of luck to you on that and let us know when you figure out where you are going.