Who are the top boys basketball players in the southwest district?

mattnoe18

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

who. i travel virginia and compete with kids all over the country. never heard of them. are they playing now on aau teams?

If you have never heard of them you are missing out on some really good talent. Matt Noe, Gavin Roe and Brock Hanna have led the canes to 11-1 in there last 12 games.

Edited by 54_rakes_5

I don't remember if Roe was guarding Hunt, but typically if they play man Coach Haga has Garrett Johnson guarding the best player on the other team, so I kinda doubt that.

he guarded him when he was in, then he faceguarded him in the second half because colby got hot early..colby told me about the cheap stuff he pulled to try and make him miss too

he guarded him when he was in, then he faceguarded him in the second half because colby got hot early..colby told me about the cheap stuff he pulled to try and make him miss too

Get your stuff right man Garrett Johnson gaurded Colby the whole game til he needed a break then Roe guarded him, trust me I play

Cheap stuff? Face guarding? Unless they were doing something dirty - trying to hurt the kid, then it's all part of the game. That just sounds like a whiner to say that. In pick up ball is he the kind of kid who calls a foul on every lttle thing? I play with a lot of these Marion kids, and watch them all the time. They play clean and hard.

well regardless of which kid was on him, it wasnt doing much to stop him..i dont see why there is an argument...hes one of the best players in the region, not just the swd..every night this season he had the others teams best defensive man on him (usually in a box n one) even faceguarded some games and still averaged over 20 points a game..even the quick players from salem tried to guard him straight man and couldnt handle him and had to go to a diamond and one...he'll make all region no doubt

Colby doesn't complain about anything! Actually, he's the type of kid who takes a baseball to the side of the face and turns around and gets ready for the next pitch! He is one of the most mentally tough kids you will ever play with or against and never talks trash to anyone.

Colby doesn't complain about anything! Actually, he's the type of kid who takes a baseball to the side of the face and turns around and gets ready for the next pitch! He is one of the most mentally tough kids you will ever play with or against and never talks trash to anyone.

To me that is much more believable, at least from the 2 games I have seen them play this year. He is all business and no whining to the refs or talking smakck to the players. Some of his teammates on the other hand....

To me that is much more believable, at least from the 2 games I have seen them play this year. He is all business and no whining to the refs or talking smakck to the players. Some of his teammates on the other hand....

like who? all the abingdon players show class and dont whine

The All Region Selection Meeting was yesterday morning in Wythville - I think the rule is that it cannot be released until all the teams in the district and or region have been eliminated. For the girl's side, I know Graham is still playing so the girl's SWD team has not been released to the press yet. I am unsure of other teams that are still in the mix - for either the boys or girls. The Region Team will not be released until all the Region IV teams are eliminated as well.