James Monroe heading back to Wheeling!

MavsRock

Well, a little north of it anyway.

Awesome games for the Mavs last night at Chapmanville. Like I said before the game, JM's playing their best football of the season, and it couldn't be at a better time. Next week James Monroe goes to play at a team which came into Lindside 4 years ago and absolutely humiliated us 63-22, I know none af the players will be the same, but a win against this team will help put some bad memories to rest.

Once again I like our chances in this one. I don't care if you were "looking ahead" or what, when you only beat Independence 23-14, your eaither not playing your best, or you might be a little overrated. Either way, definetly looking forward to the game next week.

Chapmanville was out of this game before the end of first half and James Monroe played the best game of this season. Mavs are showing improvement on both sides of the ball. The line has finally started making some holes and Roberson looked his best thus far for the year. James Monroe has a long trip to Weir.

To anyone with the info, Other than being 280 miles from Monroe County. What is the field like at Weir?

Guest BEAVERTAIL
im guessing if JM and Bluefield both win its a rematch??

this time you guessed wrong lol

Ding, ding, ding!

Who's weirfootball57?

And no beano5, If JM beats wier, they will more than likley have to play Keyser. Who i can't stand...

If I hear another person up here saying Keyser is going to destroy everybody in the playoffs i'm going to flip shit and murder some chickens..

Who's weirfootball57?

And no beano5, If JM beats wier, they will more than likley have to play Keyser. Who i can't stand...

If I hear another person up here saying Keyser is going to destroy everybody in the playoffs i'm going to flip shit and murder some chickens..

Let them talk...Like my mamma used to tell me..." I know that you are talking out your ass because your head knows better". LOL.

Let them talk...Like my mamma used to tell me..." I know that you are talking out your ass because your head knows better". LOL.

HAHA...Well played sir, but easier said then done...

I'd immagine they did the same stuff in 04...and well all know what happened then.

Hey photoguy! I think the player in the first pic on the JM Football site is Mitch Boone not Nick Kisiel. (Ignore this post if you have nothing to do with that site. LOL!)

Good luck to my Mavs on Friday. Great job last FRiday. Not disrespecting Weir but I remember about 5 years ago their was a guy from Weir on the board and he said that Weir didn't rebuild but reloaded. If i'm not mistaken hasn't it been like 4 or 5 years since Weir even made the playoffs? Weir has a good team this year and Friday night will be tough for both teams. Just wanted to point out the fact that you haven't heard much from Weir fans the past few years and all of a sudden they make the playoffs again and they start crowing again. One thing you have to say about teams like JM and Bluefield, we are playing in mid to late November every year.

Good luck to my Mavs on Friday. Great job last FRiday. Not disrespecting Weir but I remember about 5 years ago their was a guy from Weir on the board and he said that Weir didn't rebuild but reloaded. If i'm not mistaken hasn't it been like 4 or 5 years since Weir even made the playoffs? Weir has a good team this year and Friday night will be tough for both teams. Just wanted to point out the fact that you haven't heard much from Weir fans the past few years and all of a sudden they make the playoffs again and they start crowing again. One thing you have to say about teams like JM and Bluefield, we are playing in mid to late November every year.

They won the AA title 3 years ago I believe. . .

in the near future rumor mill is talent is dropping like flies via several sources...however ever since the school has been opened they have been around playoff time so thats like what 15 years of success not bad...not not bad

Our JV had a good year and our middle school at Peterstown has struggled the last couple of years but our other middle school at Union has done really well. Both Peterstown and Union pee wee and midget teams have been doing really well so the future doesn't look that bad. We may have a down year every now and then but I don't think it will be long term.In the past most of the talent has come from the Peterstown side but I think it's starting to come from the Union side a little bit. Which is fine with me. Usually when both sides come together at JM things seem to come together so I think our future will be just fine!

in the near future rumor mill is talent is dropping like flies via several sources...however ever since the school has been opened they have been around playoff time so thats like what 15 years of success not bad...not not bad

Well, lots of us weren't giving the current group much of a chance either, and I'd say scrapping and fighting our way to the 2nd round of the playoffs says alot about the determination of these guys and, hopefully, that will spill over into the next few years.