Tazewell vs. Richlands!!!

Gym

Who do you have in this one?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you have in this one?

• Tazewell
    • Richlands

Great game.....one that should be a classic but won't because of the ending.......how in the world can the refs decide a game like that?!???!!! Chalk another "victory" up for Richlands I guess

Outplayed, outcoached, outclasses, outhit, outhustled, and outdone means nothing when you get outreffed by the other team.

Congrats to Tazewell, the true 2008 region IV Champs

Don't forget to have those refs in Brookville next week......could be a long day.

pathetic post

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem to forget richlands being flagged before the 1st play of the game for a sideline warning. where the hell else is a team suppose to stand than on the sidelines. the refs. had richlands players standing on the track!

eat one cheatin bunch of buttwholes

They seem to forget richlands being flagged before the 1st play of the game for a sideline warning. where the hell else is a team suppose to stand than on the sidelines. the refs. had richlands players standing on the track!

that was a flag that does nothing. it didn't cost them any yards. but anyways EAT ONE YOU CHEATIN BUNCH OF BUTHOLES!!!!!!!!!

Great game.....one that should be a classic but won't because of the ending.......how in the world can the refs decide a game like that?!???!!! Chalk another "victory" up for Richlands I guess

Outplayed, outcoached, outclasses, outhit, outhustled, and outdone means nothing when you get outreffed by the other team.

Congrats to Tazewell, the true 2008 region IV Champs

Don't forget to have those refs in Brookville next week......could be a long day.

One you are not going to sit there and say that they out hit Richlands we did not fumble and if i do recall there was a hit laid on a player from tazewell that a fumble did happen on. Both teams hit really hard and there is no clear cut winner in that. If you outplayed Richlands then the score would not have been as close as it was be teams were very even. My last thing and probably the biggest thing is how in the world can you say we got out coached you are not going to come on here and say that the coach for tazewell outcoached Mance are ya because i just do not see that ever going to happen if he was going to out coach anyone he should have made sure he had enough players on the field.

Congrats to Richlands.. Hate it had to be determined by a penalty, but it is a rule.. It wasn't a judgement or questionable call.. It's part of the rules and I hate that the game was affected by it..

Good Luck to Richlands against Brookville.. You'll need it.. I know Mance has the ability to get his kids ready to play..

Congrats to Richlands.. Hate it had to be determined by a penalty, but it is a rule.. It wasn't a judgement or questionable call.. It's part of the rules and I hate that the game was affected by it..

Good Luck to Richlands against Brookville.. You'll need it.. I know Mance has the ability to get his kids ready to play..

i agree it's a shame that a penalty had such a huge impact on this classic game between these 2 rivals...i believe everyone would have rather seen it played out different

A friend and I went to this game as unbiased observers and weren't impressed by either team. Richlands looked very, very sloppy and Tazewell missed some golden opportunites to score. When Muncy, who is what...6'3?..is matched up against Brad Strong who is about 5'5, why wouldn't they throw him the ball?

IDK...nothing seemed to look good at all in the game. It will be a tough road for Richlands to make it to the state championship if they play the way they did today.

Very classy post. I really appreciate your logical thinking in all of this. I wish Tazewell the best in the off season, and I really hope we can look foward to some games like this in the years to come!!

Also glad to see Stansbury in the stands watching the game as well, god bless you on the rest of your recovery..

Was he the young man that was in the car accident on 460 a couple weeks back?

If so then he is lucky to be alive. I saw the tress that their car was pinned between and it was horrifying. I am so happy to hear he is making a recovery, and seems to be doing well.

This was the best highschool football game that I have seen in my lifetime as far as high school football goes. Good luck next week to the blues they did really good today and will have to play their best next week against a good Brookeville team. Everybody should wish Richlands luck against brookeville instead of bashing over a call that was apart of the game. I will say it once more Mance just out coaches Bobby Wyatt every time they meet end of story.

A friend and I went to this game as unbiased observers and weren't impressed by either team. Richlands looked very, very sloppy and Tazewell missed some golden opportunites to score. When Muncy, who is what...6'3?..is matched up against Brad Strong who is about 5'5, why wouldn't they throw him the ball?

IDK...nothing seemed to look good at all in the game. It will be a tough road for Richlands to make it to the state championship if they play the way they did today.

only time a team is going to look good on a field like that is if you have a very good power running game....kudos to derek jackson, roy christian, britt altizer and cody thomas for shutting down tazewell's inside game all day

You have to consider the field conditions. Those conditions would make any team look "sloppy". I think both teams played pretty well considering the mudhole they were playing in.

I thought the same thing about the Strong and Muncy match-up. Everytime I saw it I cringed. But Tazewell never utilized it.

This was the best highschool football game that I have seen in my lifetime as far as high school football goes. Good luck next week to the blues they did really good today and will have to play their best next week against a good Brookeville team. Everybody should wish Richlands luck against brookeville instead of bashing over a call that was apart of the game. I will say it once more Mance just out coaches Bobby Wyatt every time they meet end of story.

They do exist! Thank you for debunking the theory that there are no classy Tazewell fans. lol I'm only kidding.

I appreciate the kind words and the logical thinking. I know it is tough to swallow such a heart wrenching lose. Best of luck to Tazewell.

well,once again..the refs do it..i'd love to be over there to see if anybody did move..good game but i hate when it comes down to the refs...GOOD LUCK ANYWAY BLUES..tazewell,you played a helluva game..respect to both teams

This whole game was dictated by the refs. The worst officiated game I have eve seen. From the beginning of the game. There were so many holding penalties that were not called. When Muncy caught the pass and ran for the TD, #10 held down field, no flag.

Poor officials. If these were the best of the best, WOW.

Good job dawgs, too bad Richlands had too bring their refs with them.

The refs were awful. Most penalties were called against the Blues.

I saw one ref tell dawg receive to back up but flagged the blues. The side line ref on the blues side was pittiful. He don't need to be one the field.

It was incredible. We sat there and were like "Why doesn't Muncy put this kid to the ground and have the quarterback throw it up to him?" It would have been so simple but everytime they had that matchup, which was very often, they never threw Muncy the ball.

I did take the field conditions into consideration but I just don't know. Bad passes, no blocking...it wasn't like people were slipping and sliding everywhere. Nevertheless, it was a great game to watch. I enjoyed it and loved the atmosphere of the rivalry. Last time I saw this game was just after halftime of the 2006 slaughtering so it was nice to see a great, competitive game.

Good luck to Richlands on it's next time and congrats to Tazewell on a heck of a season. A whole lot of doubters, myself included, and you proved every one of us wrong. Keep up the good work and hopefully this success will carry into the offseason.

No not really, Tazewell proved today that they can play on Richlands level which was said all week that they couldn't..

Tazewell didn't, Richlands just came down to Tazewell's level.

Came down to Tazewell's level? Were you at the game? Both teams played their hearts out! I've seen Richlands play a couple of games this year, they gave it all they had.

Came down to Tazewell's level? Were you at the game? Both teams played their hearts out! I've seen Richlands play a couple of games this year, they gave it all they had.

I would have to agree with Gym on this one. Richlands gave it all they had. I have seen them play better, last week for example. Given the conditions and the environment, they played a hell of a game.