JV BBALL Scores

GrahamPG44

I think Bluefield will beat graham, Bluefield beat graham's jv 95-44 last year. Bluefield has really fast players and they can jump pretty high to. They can play some of their Varsity players because of WV rules so i think they will lose to bluefield by atleast 15 to 20.

Edited by rstevens14

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tazewell JV got whipped by Oak Hill. They had a guy who was like 5 feet tall and draining everything he threw in the air. Tazewell made stupid mistakes because of inexperience, but they got a new coach who is better and won't call a timeout when we have a 3-1 fast break. Seriously last year's caoch did that.

There was a JV Jamboree in Tazewell this weekend.

Grundy beat Richlands

Richlands beat Carroll County 9th

Patrick County beat Grundy

Tazewell beat Carroll County 9th

Tazewell beat Partrick County

The only scores I know were Tazewells wins

THS 61 - CCHS 15

THS 49 - PCHS 45

Tazewell's JV is now 2-1 and play Twin Valley home on Tuesday.

Carroll's 9th grade team would get crushed by our 8th grade team... but that is still bad.

I'm not sure why we do the 9th grade team thing but the coach is my neighbor and he is a great guy.

Carroll plays Patrick tonight in JV. Sounds like Tazewell is looking pretty good! Carroll does not play them until the 9th of Jan. Should be a good game.

There was a JV Jamboree in Tazewell this weekend.

Grundy beat Richlands

Richlands beat Carroll County 9th

Patrick County beat Grundy

Tazewell beat Carroll County 9th

Tazewell beat Partrick County

The only scores I know were Tazewells wins

THS 61 - CCHS 15

THS 49 - PCHS 45

Tazewell's JV is now 2-1 and play Twin Valley home on Tuesday.

Carroll's 9th grade team would get crushed by our 8th grade team... but that is still bad.

I'm not sure why we do the 9th grade team thing but the coach is my neighbor and he is a great guy.

Carroll plays Patrick tonight in JV. Sounds like Tazewell is looking pretty good! Carroll does not play them until the 9th of Jan. Should be a good game.

It will be better than last years game. Last year Carroll County killed Tazewell. Then again there were 3 freshmen and a couple sophmores pulled up onto Varsity. evophoto let me know the score of that game.

who are some of the key players for tazwell jv they must have had alot of upcoming middle school kids they finished the season with 6 players

The team is almost the same with a couple new additions:

Starting Line-up

PG: Blake Hash Fr. 5'8''

SG: Brad Rhudy So. 5'10''

SF: Blaine Hancock So. 5'11''

PF: John Walker Fr. 6'2''

C: Jerimiha Jesse So. 6'3''

Jesse, Hancock, and Rhudy started last year and are doing well this year. Kyle Lewis So. is also returning. The big difference this year is the Pocy kids on Varsity kept a couple of the JV starters from going up.

Edited by bmh8_2011

i think graham played very well considering bluefield had about 7 varsity players playin down

Those 7 or so varsity players are the eligible to play JV too. Aside from Craig Ponder, I don't think there is a considerable difference between who is playing varsity and JV.

There was only one player from the JV game who got in the varsity game. Those players who also play JV are not the typical "varsity" players, meaning that their skill is so far and above JV play. They dress varsity because they are capable and will be used when/if needed. In my four years of watching Bluefield basketball, I haven't seen a game where a player who plays in a JV game sees a lot of time on the varsity floor in the same night, unless it happened to be garbage time.

There was only one player from the JV game who got in the varsity game. Those players who also play JV are not the typical "varsity" players, meaning that their skill is so far and above JV play. They dress varsity because they are capable and will be used when/if needed. In my four years of watching Bluefield basketball, I haven't seen a game where a player who plays in a JV game sees a lot of time on the varsity floor in the same night, unless it happened to be garbage time.

The only time I can remember this in recent history was in 2003 when Dexter Moore was a freshman. He would play sparingly, usually 2-3 quarters of the JV game, so he would be eligible to play 2-3 quarters in the following game. They did the same for Kyle Hammond his sophomore year and also Ansel Ponder and Shaun Brooks in their sophomore, if not freshman years also.

Tazewell lost to Twin Valley 45-35. Tazewell went without 3 players 2 of which were starters. Ryan Hankins has been out since try-outs injured and returns in Jan. The two starters missing were Blaine Hancock and Jerimiah Jesse. Hancock was injured and Jesse plays on the varsity team during thier tournaments. Tazewell is 2-2 and doesn't play till Jan. 2 @ Richlands.