? about a school location..Where is North Cross High ...

edrforshey

They're not absolutely horrible, no. Last year especially they had a number of good skill position guys, but they generally have no depth at all, and their line play is pretty weak at best. The Private school league that they play in is very weak as well.

In WV I would probably put them on par with Parkersburg Catholic. Good solid team year in and year out, with little to no depth. Year in and year out NC would not be able to compete with solid AA teams in WV.

And so it begins, Jackson's cupcakes. I've got $100 that says Bluefield is off the schedule within three years. At least Montcalm will have someone in the area willing to schedule them, but JM may insist they play at Lindside each season. Pathetic and the reason I have ZERO respect for Jackson.

Yeah...right...Didn't Pocahontas go down there and put a whooping on them a few years back... Not too shabby? I think not, against Private Schools, maybe...

Pocahontas lost to Roanoke Catholic 49-14 in 2005

beat Roanoke Catholic 24-20 in 2006

Cupcake??? North Cross is not Roanoke Catholic. At least 3 or 4 kids on their team being recruited by d1 schools. Several kids there are recruits from Cave Spring and Christiansburg. I'd have to say I'd take North Cross in this game actually.

If it really came down to where N.C. was the only game they could find to get ten games, then so be it. I have a really hard time believing that they couldn't find anything better than that to put on the schedule though.

Guys we're lucky just to have 10 games. Who are we suppose to play? I mean Shady Springs won't play us but they will go all the way to Keyser to play them but not us.How dumb is that? Liberty,Westside and Independence in this area won'y play us and the only other option is to travel 3 to 4 hours for a game. You have to factor the money situation into that and JM doesn't exactly have money flowing in from everywhere!

If it really came down to where N.C. was the only game they could find to get ten games, then so be it. I have a really hard time believing that they couldn't find anything better than that to put on the schedule though.

I agree.... JM could've probably found somebody closer...and better...

Guys we're lucky just to have 10 games. Who are we suppose to play? I mean Shady Springs won't play us but they will go all the way to Keyser to play them but not us.How dumb is that? Liberty,Westside and Independence in this area won'y play us and the only other option is to travel 3 to 4 hours for a game. You have to factor the money situation into that and JM doesn't exactly have money flowing in from everywhere!

I don't think nybody is afraid of big bad James Monroe...just continue to schedule the cupcakes....it'll show up around playoff time.....

I didn't say teams were afraid of us just that they won't schedule us for some reason. This is just high school football no one is afraid to play anyone it's not life or death it's just football. But tell me why Shady Springs doesn't want to play us but they will go all the way to keyser to play.

I don't think nybody is afraid of big bad James Monroe...just continue to schedule the cupcakes....it'll show up around playoff time.....

It's kinda funny . . . somebody posts that JM has teams that won't schedule them, and that's dismissed outright because everybody knows, "nybody is afraid of big bad James Monroe . . . just continue to schedule the cupcakes . . ." but if a team refuses to play Bluefield, it's out of fear! Oh well, the irony of it all. (I think our weak schedule helped us this past year - we got handed a whippin' in the first game, but we continued to get better and somehow managed to hang on and get to the semis. Course everybody knows AA was down last year.)

Anyhow, I understand that JM wanted to schedule Greenbrier West but wasn't able to do that. I would have liked to see Wayne back on the schedule, but I understand that was a one-time deal, although I think they would be great competition year in and out. I also wish Graham would be on our schedule; but nobody asks me, so I guess we'll just have to go with what we've got and hope for the best.

Here's the difference...

Nobody wants to play James Monroe because they run up the score on some really weak teams with the first teamers still in the game in the fourth quarter...

Nobody wants to play Bluefield because they run up the score on some decent teams with the middle school players getting most of the snaps in the second half...

Truth...ain't it a bitch...