Bluefield v. Magnolia

Bluefield_Rules

The showdown many have wanted to see the entire season. The Beavers and Eagles are considered two of the "Big 3" in "AA" along with Wayne. It should be entertaining. All things being equal I'm betting Coach Simon plays the game on Friday night. Thoughts, opinions, etc.?

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

I've seen what recent Magnolia teams can do, and they are without a doubt one of the best coached teams in the state.

They won't wow you with their skills, but they are very fundamentally sound football team.

This game has not only loads of talent squaring off, but probably two of the best coaches in the state.

If the Beavers want to win this game, they will absolutely have to earn it.

Magnolia respects Bluefield, but they aren't scared of the the thought of Bluefield like a lot of other AA teams.

I really hope they don't do it Friday night unless they plan on losing a lot of money ticket wise. With WVU and Pitt playing, most people would attend that insted of the Bluefield-Magnolia game. But I think Simon will choose Friday night anways.

I really hope they don't do it Friday night unless they plan on losing a lot of money ticket wise. With WVU and Pitt playing, most people would attend that insted of the Bluefield-Magnolia game. But I think Simon will choose Friday night anways.

I'd choose Friday night.

Bluefield hasn't played a Saturday afternoon game yet, and Magnolia will have one less day of rest compared to Bluefield.

Simon doesn't care about WVU, he isn't a Mounties fan...;)

I've seen what recent Magnolia teams can do, and they are without a doubt one of the best coached teams in the state.

They won't wow you with their skills, but they are very fundamentally sound football team.

This game has not only loads of talent squaring off, but probably two of the best coaches in the state.

If the Beavers want to win this game, they will absolutely have to earn it.

Magnolia respects Bluefield, but they aren't scared of the the thought of Bluefield like a lot of other AA teams.

I second that. Bluefield will have to play their best football to win this one.

Simon doesn't care about WVU, he isn't a Mounties fan...;)

I don't care who he likes

But realize New Martinsville is almost in Morgantowns backyard. 2 hours away and most people up around that area that love football would pick WVU-Pitt over Bluefield-Magnolia game. Esp. since it's WVU's last home game of the year.

The Big Blues stadium will still be full, but that sucks for a lot of people that have to choose between one or the other

Edited by bluefieldRocks

But realize New Martinsville is almost in Morgantowns backyard. 2 hours away and most people up around that area that love football would pick WVU-Pitt over Bluefield-Magnolia game. Esp. since it's WVU's last home game of the year.

The Big Blues stadium will still be full, but that sucks for a lot of people that have to choose between one or the other

So you're saying to pick Saturday afternoon to appease the opponent's fans?

Well, if the Big East would quit playing their games on the same night as the high schools, there wouldn't be a problem...Friday night is for High School football, not College football...

Well, if the Big East would quit playing their games on the same night as the high schools, there wouldn't be a problem...Friday night is for High School football, not College football...

Amen brother. Friday night IS high school night. Coach Simon chose Friday night as I had hoped.

Absolutely. I would like to see coaches or someone in college football make a stand against Friday night games. Of course, it's all about the mighty dollar bill, so change is unlikely unless the fans make a stand.

Absolutely. I would like to see coaches or someone in college football make a stand against Friday night games. Of course, it's all about the mighty dollar bill, so change is unlikely unless the fans make a stand.

Agreed, but that'll never happen.

Aside from the money, the national exposure is exactly why we're seeing ESPN night games on any night other than Saturday nights.

Otherwise, you'd never be able to watch a Boise St. game on a Saturday night. It's hard to compete with Rose Bowl bids, top 10 match-ups, etc.

FWIW, I don't mind being able to turn on ESPN on any given night to catch a college football game.

So you're saying to pick Saturday afternoon to appease the opponent's fans?

I'm not telling anybody what to do or what time or date you should play the game.

I was just saying I wish he would have picked Saturday so people will have a chance to be able to watch both games. Insted of having to choose. Is it that hard to understand?

BTW, I was unaware only people from Magnolia liked WVU

I was just saying I wish he would have picked Saturday so people will have a chance to be able to watch both games. Insted of having to choose. Is it that hard to understand?

Bluefield hasn't played a Saturday game all season, and barring a win, the championship game will be played on a Friday night too. Why would you change anything? The WVU game has no effect on whether Bluefield will win or lose, and accommodating fans is the last thing on Bluefield's mind, I'm sure.

Coach Simon doesn't care if you want to watch the WVU/Pitt game, he wants to win another championship. Is it that hard to understand?

I was just getting my point across that it would have been cool if he would have picked a sat. so many other people including myself could attend both games. It's not that hard to understand. I'm not trying to say "coach simon, play a saturday game, i demand it" I was just stating it would be cool if he would have picked a saturday game so many people could attend both. Not a big deal, i think you took what i said way out of context.

Edited by bluefieldRocks