Bluefield v. Wayne -- State Championship

Bluefield_Rules

We've had our differences, but I have had the chance to step back and realize the magnitude of the success that Bluefield has had historically and especially recently. Since 1997(including this year), Bluefield will have made EIGHT trips to Wheeling. That is unreal. This Weir fan is going to be there Friday pulling for Bluefield. They have too much athleticism and speed for Wayne. Bluefield by 10-14.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where do they have title games in nc?

Well, there are 8 divisions here in NC. You have:

4AA & 4A

3AA & 3A

2AA & 2A

1AA & 1A

All Championship games are played on College football fields. UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, and NC State rotate from year to year and each host a set of Championship games. I'm pretty fortunate that I live 20 miles from Winston-Salem and 80 miles from Chapel Hill/Durham/Raleigh.

My high school has not had a winning record since my senior year. ['88] Horrible football program. As good as Bluefields has been, it's the opposite for my high school. lol [south Stokes]

Edited by CarMike

i think my last few trips from TN have been like 1100 miles or soemthin crazy but ill be there again this Friday!

Tom, I'm very familiar with Morristown, TN. I used to deliver tires to Eastern Tennessee. Morristown, Greenville, Kingsport, Elizabethton, Johnson City. Beautiful part of the state. That's a long ride for sure. lol

I may take my son out of school and head up there Friday. With Christmas around the corner $$$ has been tight. Still undecided. lol

We've had our differences, but I have had the chance to step back and realize the magnitude of the success that Bluefield has had historically and especially recently. Since 1997(including this year), Bluefield will have made EIGHT trips to Wheeling. That is unreal. This Weir fan is going to be there Friday pulling for Bluefield. They have too much athleticism and speed for Wayne. Bluefield by 10-14.

It really is pretty amazing...if you go back to 1995 this year marks 9 trips to Wheeling and the 15th State Title appearance for the Beavers in 50 years. A truly remarkable record and one any school and community should be very proud of. I think it is also important to note that in those 50 years there has only been three head coaches as well.

Quite a long tradition of excellence to say the least.

Tom, I'm very familiar with Morristown, TN. I used to deliver tires to Eastern Tennessee. Morristown, Greenville, Kingsport, Elizabethton, Johnson City. Beautiful part of the state. That's a long ride for sure. lol

I may take my son out of school and head up there Friday. With Christmas around the corner $$$ has been tight. Still undecided. lol

I hope you make the game. It's a wonderful trip and provides good "bonding time" for father and son, etc. The drive up is filled with excitement and anticipation. The drive back is a time for reflection on the season and if you win it's even more enjoyable.

I hope you make the game. It's a wonderful trip and provides good "bonding time" for father and son, etc. The drive up is filled with excitement and anticipation. The drive back is a time for reflection on the season and if you win it's even more enjoyable.

BR, what's the name of the stadium? I'll look it up and see just how far I'm looking at. Time wise and mile wise.

Thanks.

Nope, just some jealous Richlands fan.

Hopefully, he'll make the trek to Wheeling. He's free next weekend. ;)

You're telling me adsi isn't even a Wayne fan? lmao

It looks like I'll be making the trip after all. Solo. My 12 year old would rather go to school than miss a day of school to see a football game. Wish I understood the youth of today. When I was 12 I'd kill to lay out of school for a football game. lol

You're telling me adsi isn't even a Wayne fan? lmao

It looks like I'll be making the trip after all. Solo. My 12 year old would rather go to school than miss a day of school to see a football game. Wish I understood the youth of today. When I was 12 I'd kill to lay out of school for a football game. lol

Though he was a Wayne fan too until I looked at his other posts.

Lots of pro-Richlands stuff. Looks like he's a Nader.

BTW, what is wrong with your kid? Check him for the Swine! LOL

You'll have a blast once you're there, but it'll be a lonely car ride, no doubt.

I'd love to go to Wheeling for the game. Still not sure if I'll be making the trip, I've got a lot on my plate these next couple of weeks.

Though he was a Wayne fan too until I looked at his other posts.

Lots of pro-Richlands stuff. Looks like he's a Nader.

BTW, what is wrong with your kid? Check him for the Swine! LOL

You'll have a blast once you're there, but it'll be a lonely car ride, no doubt.

I'd love to go to Wheeling for the game. Still not sure if I'll be making the trip, I've got a lot on my plate these next couple of weeks.

Thursday he'll change his mind. [gut feeling] ;)

How much $$$ do the tolls cost up to Wheeling? Does anyone know?

Wish you could make the trip. Looking forward to meeting up with some folks from the board.

He might be from Richlands (have my doubts) but he's NOT a Richlands' fan. Read his first post about Richlands ("they couldn't play mumbly pegs) what kid would use that kind of language? Also, why would he be on here taking shots at Blfd. ....someone that wants to do a little stirring and obviously it's working.

Edited by trublue

Thursday he'll change his mind. [gut feeling] ;)

How much $$$ do the tolls cost up to Wheeling? Does anyone know?

Wish you could make the trip. Looking forward to meeting up with some folks from the board.

They recently raised the tolls on 77 after much heated debate, I believe it's two dollar per car. Gotta keep those fat, criminal politicians in Charleston well feed. If I'm not mistaken you'll go through four tolls on 77.

And ignore the trouble-maker. He's simply jealous, envious, etc. that his team isn't playing for a state title.

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

If I'm not mistaken you'll go through four tolls on 77.

I'm counting only three, am I missing one?

1.) Ghent, outside Winterplace

2.) Past Oak Hill

3.) Right before Charleston

Are there any past Charleston? I don't recall of any, but I've been wrong a time or two in my life.

I'm counting only three, am I missing one?

1.) Ghent, outside Winterplace

2.) Past Oak Hill

3.) Right before Charleston

Are there any past Charleston? I don't recall of any, but I've been wrong a time or two in my life.

I wasn't sure about four. I thought there was one right after you leave Charleston.

I wasn't sure about four. I thought there was one right after you leave Charleston.

I'm 99% certain that there is no toll after Charleston, unless there is one up closer to Parkersburg and/or Ohio. I'm pretty familiar with the interstates around Charleston, and the toll by Riverside is the only one I can recall.

They recently raised the tolls on 77 after much heated debate, I believe it's two dollar per car. Gotta keep those fat, criminal politicians in Charleston well feed. If I'm not mistaken you'll go through four tolls on 77.

And ignore the trouble-maker. He's simply jealous, envious, etc. that his team isn't playing for a state title.

Please don't ignore me. I feel so bad for what I said about Bluefield. My team is still in the playoffs you big dummy.