Global Warming Headlines From This Week

bucfan64

Winter Could Be Worst in 25 Years for USA...

3 Deaths Due To Cold in Memphis...

PAPER: GAS SUPPLIES RUNNING OUT IN UK...

Vermont sets 'all-time record for one snowstorm'...

Iowa temps 'a solid 30 degrees below normal'...

Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years...

Historic ice build-up shuts down NJ nuclear power plant...

Beijing -- coldest in 40 years...

Miami shivers from coldest weather in decade...

Sounds like we all could melt any day now............

Late night radio a while ago reported coldest winter in decades in over 20 some countries, some 20,000 animals that represent livelihood in some country died from the cold, some mountain people somewhere in south america, maybe peru, can't recall, facing extinction from the cold.

This weather will absolutely wreck havoc on the polar bears.

all you need to know is that Gman said months ago it was going to be a bad winter because of Il Nino or whatever lol...if Gman says it, you can take it to the bank.

...or maybe that was last year? who knows. Either way it's damn cold.

all you need to know is that Gman said months ago it was going to be a bad winter because of Il Nino or whatever lol...if Gman says it, you can take it to the bank.

...or maybe that was last year? who knows. Either way it's damn cold.

Yes, I said it for this year...dead on so far.

This winter is reminding me of the winter of my 4th grade year...Winter of '76-'77. Started snowing during Christmas break, we went to school the first day after break and then didn't go back until sometime in February. We ended up going to school an extra hour every day plus school on Saturday from March 1st through summer break which didn't start until the end of June. I made lots of money shoveling sidewalks and driveways that winter.

And hold on tight...I don't think we've had the "big one" yet this winter...

This winter is reminding me of the winter of my 4th grade year...Winter of '76-'77. Started snowing during Christmas break, we went to school the first day after break and then didn't go back until sometime in February. We ended up going to school an extra hour every day plus school on Saturday from March 1st through summer break which didn't start until the end of June. I made lots of money shoveling sidewalks and driveways that winter.

I remember going to Saturday school that year...I was in third grade and we did nothing but watch tv.

I recall tazewell co. schools would be canceled a lot more often than mercer county when I was in school, we would be on the 2 hour late schedule a lot, so it wasn't ever that severe.

Your old!

Winter Could Be Worst in 25 Years for USA...

3 Deaths Due To Cold in Memphis...

PAPER: GAS SUPPLIES RUNNING OUT IN UK...

Vermont sets 'all-time record for one snowstorm'...

Iowa temps 'a solid 30 degrees below normal'...

Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years...

Historic ice build-up shuts down NJ nuclear power plant...

Beijing -- coldest in 40 years...

Miami shivers from coldest weather in decade...

Sounds like we all could melt any day now............

Its winter..... Being cold doesn't discredit any kind of global warming, not everyone is seeing cold weather or even below average temps, some have been experiencing heat waves/droughts just as some have been experiencing a bad winter. This actually could be argued to fall under the "extreme weather" category of the global warming theory.

Edited by Beamerball

'77 was the fear of the great flood in Grundy...i remember around '85 or so we got about 3 feet+ and it didn't cause as many problems as we have had this year...of course back then they didn't let the trees grow up into the power lines like they do now.

Its winter..... Being cold doesn't discredit any kind of global warming, not everyone is seeing cold weather or even below average temps, some have been experiencing heat waves/droughts just as some have been experiencing a bad winter. This actually could be argued to fall under the "extreme weather" category of the global warming theory.

Beamerball, you are right, according to the Global Warming (lie, hoax, conspiracy,) Theory, this could actually be a result of global warming under the extreme weather category. However, I hope that you don't believe the rhetoric that is being spewed by the enviro-freaks!

The video posted above paints a pretty good picture and it does a heck of a job discrediting Al Gore and his flunkies. True, we need to be environmentally conscious, conserve and take care of our fields and streams, but there is much more to the propaganda than taking care of the planet.......................

Some of the most important supporters of this movement are some of the least likely of culprits. The very ones that legislation appears to be hurting, are actually supporting the bills!

Edited by bucfan64

Global warming is real......and so is global cooling for that matter.

What people dont realize is that this crap happens every couple 100,000 years or so, it gets really warm, then gets reall cold, then warm, then cold. Thats the cycle the earth goes through, go take a look at a core sample from is in antartica or the artic circle, it shows patterns of great melting and also of refreezing. Now i would say that people have added slightly to the warming cycle, but to put it plainly, global warming is NORMAL. at least as far as earth is concerned, we think its a natural disaster because weve only been around for a couple dozen millinia.......just some rambling thoughts.

Fact is right now we are cooling, but that is aside from the point. True, warming and cooling take place, the argument is whether or not humans are causing this phenomenon.

The propaganda that suggests that this is man made just won't hold water and is a joke basically due to the lack of substantial evidence, and due to the fact that so many stand to gain from this scheme........

Yeah! I guess its a good thing that we drive automobiles, fly jets and airplanes or we would have froze to death this past summer and right now we would be screwed. A bunch of b.s if you ask me.

Coldest winter since 1995-1996. I remember it well, Woodrow Mullins sent Tazewell County to school when it was -11 in Bluefield. Nope, I've still not forgiven Mullins for idiocy like this. But that's another time, another place.

Oh, and we had a blizzard in 1996, too. 1995-1996 was also an El Nino winter...

Edited by UVAObserver