Pat Robertson is freaking retarded!

fieldgeneral

One word...VOODOO...Haiti's "national religion"...

http://countrystudies.us/haiti/33.htm

Some of you may want to read up on Haiti's history...some interesting stuff there...http://countrystudies.us/haiti/4.htm

Sneak peak...http://countrystudies.us/haiti/11.htm

"He reportedly agreed wholeheartedly with his aide, Boisrond-Tonnerre, who stated, "For our declaration of independence, we should have the skin of a white man for parchment, his skull for an inkwell, his blood for ink, and a bayonet for a pen!" Accordingly, whites were slaughtered wholesale under the rule of Dessalines."

A lot of people lacking faith.

It seems that for a "christian" nation, when put to the test, the idea that there is really a god at work in this world is considered extreme and nonsense by most of the people of this country.

Christianity's great when people are in church an hour on sundays, but, the thought of that very god of the bible, acting out in this world, showing vengeance on earth,..... what an extremist point of view, why is this guy even permitted on cable? Haven't some of you requested prayers or told others you'd pray for someone on here before, even this past year?

So exactly who are you praying to if not the god of the bible who's hand is supposedly at work bringing about his master plan that is beyond our comprehension and to big for us to grasp?

So why is pat robertson some retarded extremist?

"Love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, all your soul and all your might. Love your neighbor as yourself."

Unless I am badly mistaken this is what Jesus said when he was asked which of the Commandments was the greatest. Seems Pat has forgotten the second part of this.

"Love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, all your soul and all your might. Love your neighbor as yourself."

Unless I am badly mistaken this is what Jesus said when he was asked which of the Commandments was the greatest. Seems Pat has forgotten the second part of this.

So your opinion is that pat robertson hates the people of that country or something?

I wonder what Pat said when Katrina hit N'awlins.

Ummm...N'awlins has historical ties to Voodoo as well...it ain't the most "Christian" place in the Bible Belt either...:eek:...but it is one hell of a place to have a REALLY good time!!!!

I hate "quoting" Wiki, but here goes nothing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Vodou

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Voodoo

he uses Jesus for money..someone who is a man of God wouldnt do that..Tho God does have a plan noone will ever understand on this earth, I dont believe he did that in Haiti because they made a "pact" with Satan.

he uses Jesus for money..someone who is a man of God wouldnt do that..Tho God does have a plan noone will ever understand on this earth, I dont believe he did that in Haiti because they made a "pact" with Satan.

nailed it....they get on tv promoting fear...that the end of the world is coming....and they point to all of these "signs"....but if you buy their products, you can be saved...

then they hit you up for money...

Buzzsaw; simply put if Mr. Robertson is truly a Christian he should not spout inflamatory rhetoric. He as the rest of should be showing love and compassion for others. By doing that we Christians do a better job being the apostles we are called to be.

I honestly don't know pat robertson's ways.

But my comments were directed at the message he was saying, not who he is.

Based on what I read here it seemed people suggested he was foolish for suggesting an act of god happened on earth.

eta not that I believe in god, I'd say it had something to do with geography and fault lines myself.

Edited by buzzsawBeaver

things at times. He's kind of like a Joe Biden lite if you will. That being said, both sides have people who can say some pretty head-scratching things....witness Danny Glover regarding the Haiti earthquake stating it was because of Global Warming and the Copenhagen Conference not being more fruitful. Either Glover thinks that climate actually has an affect on plate tectonics or he thinks the world is being punished for not having a Global Warming Treaty, which would imply some Deity making that happen. Either belief is sheer lunacy.

things at times. He's kind of like a Joe Biden lite if you will. That being said, both sides have people who can say some pretty head-scratching things....witness Danny Glover regarding the Haiti earthquake stating it was because of Global Warming and the Copenhagen Conference not being more fruitful. Either Glover thinks that climate actually has an affect on plate tectonics or he thinks the world is being punished for not having a Global Warming Treaty, which would imply some Deity making that happen. Either belief is sheer lunacy.

Wow, haven't heard Danny Glover's name in a long time. He hasn't been relevant in 15 years...

Wow, haven't heard Danny Glover's name in a long time. He hasn't been relevant in 15 years...

Nothing against Mr. Glover, but I tend to ignore political comments made by actors whether they be liberal like Glover or conservative like Jon Voight.

Ummm...N'awlins has historical ties to Voodoo as well...it ain't the most "Christian" place in the Bible Belt either...:eek:...but it is one hell of a place to have a REALLY good time!!!!

I hate "quoting" Wiki, but here goes nothing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Vodou

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Voodoo

What is Graham football being punished for?

A lot of people lacking faith.

It seems that for a "christian" nation, when put to the test, the idea that there is really a god at work in this world is considered extreme and nonsense by most of the people of this country.

Christianity's great when people are in church an hour on sundays, but, the thought of that very god of the bible, acting out in this world, showing vengeance on earth,..... what an extremist point of view, why is this guy even permitted on cable? Haven't some of you requested prayers or told others you'd pray for someone on here before, even this past year?

So exactly who are you praying to if not the god of the bible who's hand is supposedly at work bringing about his master plan that is beyond our comprehension and to big for us to grasp?

So why is pat robertson some retarded extremist?

You are probably right! The southern states will get their punishment soon. A lot of people are praying from their grave for that!