Notre Dame recruit dies in Spring Break fall.

Hacker

Alcohol isn't the problem. An unsupervised 17 year old kid obtaining and consuming massive amounts of it is. The kid and his "friends" never should have put themselves in that situation anyway. They all made very poor decisions.

Alcohol isn't the problem. An unsupervised 17 year old kid obtaining and consuming massive amounts of it is. The kid and his "friends" never should have put themselves in that situation anyway. They all made very poor decisions.

Actually, the PARENTS made the very poor decision of allowing them to go on Spring Break, unsupervised, at age 17...

Yet another reason that makes me wonder why in the hell people ever drink alcohol?

Alcohol is a terrible evil and shouldn't be allowed, no matter your age.

Alcohol is far from evil. I know many people, young and old, who partake in alcohol, and partake responsibly.

Having said that, I think I'll have a beer...

That's because I was babysitting you. :D

Babysitting? lol

We we're hanging out on the balcony laughing at people walking by. Like the guy with the hat that said "SHIT" on it.

Beaverbaseball- Way too much drinking. Those other pansies from Bluefield that stayed on the bottom floor hardly drank.

Those other pansies from Bluefield that stayed on the bottom floor hardly drank.

I know right? Can't blame em tho, was def the responsible decision....Funny how the only guy who didn't drink on the trip backed into my car and didn't even tell me about it untill 2 days later lol..Speaking of that guy I wonder if he's coming in this summer?

Babysitting? lol

We we're hanging out on the balcony laughing at people walking by. Like the guy with the hat that said "SHIT" on it.

Reminds me of a hat my grandpa used to wear which said "This is My Damn Hat!"

No, alcohol is the damn problem. Nothing good comes from consumption of alcohol. I don't give a shit what age you are or how much you drink. I am sure all of you who go out all time and drink will disagree with me and jump me like usual, but imagine if there wasn't alcohol in the world. No one needs it to live do they? No.

Call me dumb or whatever insult you prefer, but alcohol is the root of many a problem everyday throughout the world.

No, alcohol is the damn problem. Nothing good comes from consumption of alcohol..

I've had many good experiences come from the consumption of alcohol. Even some of my best memories.

I don't give a shit what age you are or how much you drink. I am sure all of you who go out all time and drink will disagree with me and jump me like usual, but imagine if there wasn't alcohol in the world. No one needs it to live do they? No.

Call me dumb or whatever insult you prefer, but alcohol is the root of many a problem everyday throughout the world.

I'm not going to call you dumb or whatever because I respect your opinion. If alcohol is abused it can be a horrible thing. But used responsibly it can be something to enjoy. Which I myself enjoy to sit back and drink a few beers after a hard day of work or school. Honestly every now and then I might drink a little to much but that's my personal preference because I enjoy it. I see the point you are trying to make though and completely respect it. I don't see me giving up my beer drinking anytime soon though.

I've had many good experiences come from the consumption of alcohol. Even some of my best memories.

I'm not going to call you dumb or whatever because I respect your opinion. If alcohol is abused it can be a horrible thing. But used responsibly it can be something to enjoy. Which I myself enjoy to sit back and drink a few beers after a hard day of work or school. Honestly every now and then I might drink a little to much but that's my personal preference because I enjoy it. I see the point you are trying to make though and completely respect it. I don't see me giving up my beer drinking anytime soon though.

I grilled steaks last night for me and my girl friend and I had two beers while I was grilling out, and one after dinner. She drank two wine coolers. We relaxed and had a great night. There's nothing wrong with drinking alcohol responsibly. It helps me chill after a tough week at work, and it beats the hell out of getting addicted to Lortabs or Zanax, or worse! Alcohol abuse is a totally different matter...but so is abuse of anything, including food, coffee, video games, television, texting, cell phones, and the internet. Bogeavers, have you ever had a drink of anything alcoholic? Do not judge me...that's God's job.

Want to know what happens when you tell people they can't have alcohol? See "prohibition". That worked out really well, didn't it? Kinda like when you tell people they can't have marijuana...they will find a way to get it. They'll just buy White Lightening and Home Brew.

I won't call you dumb either, Bogeavers, but you are extremely naive if you think alcohol will ever be eliminated from our society.

Edited by blueinbama

I have never had a single drink of any alcoholic beverage and I am very proud of that, sorry I am not like the rest of the teenage guys in the world.

So you're better than us because you don't drink?

You're coming off like an arrogant little prick right now.

No, alcohol is the damn problem. Nothing good comes from consumption of alcohol. I don't give a shit what age you are or how much you drink. I am sure all of you who go out all time and drink will disagree with me and jump me like usual, but imagine if there wasn't alcohol in the world. No one needs it to live do they? No.

Who needs a Cell phone to live day to day? I'm sure you have a cell phone

Who needs a TV to live day to day? I'm sure your house probably has quite a few

Who needs an Xbox 360 to live day to day? I KNOW you have a 360

Who needs a automobile to live day to day? I'm sure we can just walk, but dont you drive?

Your argument has no basis at all. All those things I listed above are things you do everyday that you DON'T NEED, but we all do anyways. Just because some of us choose to drink alcohol and drink responsibly (sometimes) doesnt mean we shouldn't because we "dont need it to live".

BluefieldRocks you going out with us tonight?

Yes. And guess what? We're going to DRINK BEER, and act like idiots and drive around throwing blueberry snow cones at innocent bystanders because that's what drunk people do!

edit: I'm not really going to drive around drunk and throw blueberry snowcones at people. I was simply making a joke at all of this non-sense.

Edited by bluefieldRocks

Rocks:

I am not trying to say that I am better than anyone because I haven't drank alcohol. I don't really wanna make you guys mad or anything, but I just hate alcohol and it effects, whether it be too much or any at all.

The things you listed, for the most part, are not bad for your body and your health. I just hate that all these people are taking a chance on ruining their lives and bodies.

Oh yea, I am not little! Lol.