Shooting at the mercer county mall

Looks like more than one shot was fired....

http://www.wvva.com/Global/story.asp?S=12980471

Shots fired at Mercer Mall

Mercer County (WVVA)- THINGS TURNED VIOLENT THIS AFTERNOON IN THE MERCER MALL AFTER A GUN WAS PULLED AND SHOTS WERE FIRED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MALL.

WITNESSES TELL US A BLACK MAN WAS EXITING THE MALL WITH A FEMALE WHEN THREE WHITE MALES WALKED IN NEAR THE MACADOOS ENTRANCE OF THE MALL.

THE MEN APPARENTLY KNEW EACH OTHER AND WERE ARGUING WHEN THE BLACK MAN HIT ONE OF THE OTHER BOYS.

A FIGHT FOLLOWED AND ACCORDING TO WITNESSES, THE BLACK MAN THEN PULLED OUT A GUN SAYING, "YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME".

SHOTS WERE FIRED AND YOU COULD SEE BULLET HOLES INSIDE THE SUNNY DAYS SNACK SHOP.

AFTER THE SHOOTING, THE SUSPECT FLED THE SCENE.

THERE WERE SMALL CHILDREN AND FAMILIES CLOSE BY SHOPPING WHILE THE GUN WAS BEING FIRED.

THE MOTHER OF THE YOUNG MAN WHO WAS SHOT AT TELLS US HER SON'S SHIRT HAD BULLET HOLES IN IT BUT THE BULLETS MISSED THE BOYS BODY.

POLICE SAY THEY DO HAVE A SUSPECT IN MIND.

HE IS CONSIDERED ARMED AND DANGEROUS.

HE FACES 20-25 FELONY CHARGES OF WANTON ENDANGERMENT.

"There were small children and families close by"....

including me!!! and my 4 year old little boy...pretty scary situation. I picked my child up, went as quickly as I could back to Sears automotive where I was having tires put on my wife's car...

People came scampering by me yelling, "he's got a gun!!"......was enough for me to get the heck out of dodge, didn't know exactly what happened over there today, until this thread.

"There were small children and families close by"....

including me!!! and my 4 year old little boy...pretty scary situation. I picked my child up, went as quickly as I could back to Sears automotive where I was having tires put on my wife's car...

People came scampering by me yelling, "he's got a gun!!"......was enough for me to get the heck out of dodge, didn't know exactly what happened over there today, until this thread.

First thing's first, I'm very glad to hear that you and your son are safe.

When were you there? I was in that general area (outside the Macado's entrance) around 6:15 PM. My girlfriend didn't want to go into the mall this evening, which is strange for her, because she loves going to Petland every chance she gets. Premonition, perhaps?

My prayers to all involved. That hits too close to home...

Being in Law Enforcement, I carry my gun everywhere that I can, I have to two children of my own, you never know whats gonna happen anywhere or at anytime, good to hear that you guys that were there are ok and along with your families...

What time did this happen??? I was there today...

I think it was right around 12:30....wife's car was done about 10 minutes after this happened, and I got home about 1:00.

The weird thing is, not too many people seemed to be in a hurry to get out of the vicinity of where it happened. A few people were walking fast from that area and I heard some of them saying "he had a gun"...and "he shot at somebody"...and stuff like that...so I just picked up the little one and went the other way....didn't really want to find out what was going on, just wanted to get out of the area.

I'm sure most of the people at the mall weren't even aware of something happening.

Also, it's kinda scary hearing about the bullet holes in the sunny days counter...I was going to get my little boy one of those chocolate covered strawberries over there, I get him one every time we go.....

Edited by futbolking

Looks like more than one shot was fired....

http://www.wvva.com/Global/story.asp?S=12980471

Shots fired at Mercer Mall

Mercer County (WVVA)- THINGS TURNED VIOLENT THIS AFTERNOON IN THE MERCER MALL AFTER A GUN WAS PULLED AND SHOTS WERE FIRED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MALL.

WITNESSES TELL US A BLACK MAN WAS EXITING THE MALL WITH A FEMALE WHEN THREE WHITE MALES WALKED IN NEAR THE MACADOOS ENTRANCE OF THE MALL.

THE MEN APPARENTLY KNEW EACH OTHER AND WERE ARGUING WHEN THE BLACK MAN HIT ONE OF THE OTHER BOYS.

A FIGHT FOLLOWED AND ACCORDING TO WITNESSES, THE BLACK MAN THEN PULLED OUT A GUN SAYING, "YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME".

SHOTS WERE FIRED AND YOU COULD SEE BULLET HOLES INSIDE THE SUNNY DAYS SNACK SHOP.

AFTER THE SHOOTING, THE SUSPECT FLED THE SCENE.

THERE WERE SMALL CHILDREN AND FAMILIES CLOSE BY SHOPPING WHILE THE GUN WAS BEING FIRED.

THE MOTHER OF THE YOUNG MAN WHO WAS SHOT AT TELLS US HER SON'S SHIRT HAD BULLET HOLES IN IT BUT THE BULLETS MISSED THE BOYS BODY.

POLICE SAY THEY DO HAVE A SUSPECT IN MIND.

HE IS CONSIDERED ARMED AND DANGEROUS.

HE FACES 20-25 FELONY CHARGES OF WANTON ENDANGERMENT.

I was there 10ft from where it happened and there was only one shot fired and then everybody ran like i saw the whole thing it was crazy and nobody had bullet holes in there clothes idk where they got that from

I'm still amazed that people are stupid enough to believe they won't get caught showing a gun in a public place with people around let alone firing it.

All for what?????? What the hell kinda of point are you going to prove IN JAIL!?!?!?

I was there 10ft from where it happened and there was only one shot fired and then everybody ran like i saw the whole thing it was crazy and nobody had bullet holes in there clothes idk where they got that from

They got that from the mother of one of the boys who got shot at...had an interview with her on the late news...

They got that from the mother of one of the boys who got shot at...had an interview with her on the late news...[/quote

The gun was only shot one time and the bullet ended up in the lower part of the counter at sunnydays or whatever its called i cant imagine it going through one of the boys shirts and ending up there but i guess im wrong idk

This kinda crap makes me absolutely sick. Some of these kids think its cool to walk around with guns. I have one question, where in the heck were these kids parents when they were growing up?!?

This kinda crap makes me absolutely sick. Some of these kids think its cool to walk around with guns. I have one question, where in the heck were these kids parents when they were growing up?!?

On their lazy arse at home, probably on drugs, while the rest of us are paying for their groceries, heating and clothing....

Is anyone stopping to think that perhaps without the gun, this guy could have been beaten to death, seeing as how he was being jumped?

no because i'm pretty sure it's against mercer mall's rules to carry a weapon. it's actually against the law to carry a weapon with you unless you have a concealed weapon permit, which i doubt this guy had.

granted physical altercations is probably against their rules too, but they do have security guards throughout the mall. with it being saturday and most likely a large crowd around that area, imo a fight could and would have been broken up before the guy was beaten badly, or to death. but it only takes one gunshot to take a life, which i think is taken more seriously in the law.

Is anyone stopping to think that perhaps without the gun, this guy could have been beaten to death, seeing as how he was being jumped?

and WITH the gun...he could've KILLED innocent people who weren't even involved, including myself and my 4 year old child who were nearby...

From what I understand, people did "intervene" and try to break it up.

I'm not condoning what the other people did that jumped him either, the world is full of a bunch of ignorant useless people these days.

As it takes just one shot to kill someone, it also takes just one kick/punch to the temple to kill someone. He taking out his gun could have saved his life.

EH, have you seen the security guards at the Mercer Mall (or malls in general)? They wouldn't be able to do a single thing if they came across someone being jumped by 3 individuals. Believe me, I've seen them stand and watch two kids fight before, with no intent on stopping it.

Who's to say he never should have had it with him? Do you know he didn't have a permit? And even if he didn't, his life may have been saved because he had one.

Though this reference probably won't go over well, there is a T.I. song that talks about a situation like this. When T.I. was busted for his arsenal of weapons, he, of course, had to serve time. In one of his songs, he talks about how there are plenty of people who want him dead; following that is a lyric "Either die or go to prison, that's a hell of a decision."

GetMoney55 makes several good points...as do others...but still, poor judgment to fire a gun in a "crowded" mall whether it was to save your life or not...those who have taken gun/concealed carry classes would have known better...

Was he being jumped? The report sounds like it was an argument, then he hit one of them first before pulling a gun.