Looks like Bluefield will be down another opponent in 2011

Bluefield_Rules

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x1535828447/Max-Effort

Crane said, “They’ve got a good team. We’ve just got to get ready for them. Obviously, Bluefield’s out of our league. That’s why they don’t play many West Virginia teams, because they’re out of a lot of people’s league.

“I’d hate to think they’re 50 points better than us. They’re definitely better than us — but we helped them with a couple of scores.

“That’s why teams don’t play them. That’s why we’re probably not going to play them anymore.â€

Well I guess Bluefield could have gone up to the Middle School and played some 7th and 8th graders against them. They take a knee at the end of the first half to keep from scoring and play 9th graders the entire 2nd half. What else could have been done to hold down the score. This guy needs to coach his kids up to play better cause no matter if he likes it or not Bluefield does plays in his league.....Class AA WV football. No wonder his kids quit since he himself is a quitter. Let's not work to get better ourselves let's just QUIT!

That's a kind of stunning revelation from a coach. I'll bet his kids love to know they have no chance according to him. (Not that you or anyone else thought they did)

You do have to give him kudos for his honesty, he is just saying what the other coaches don't have the guts to say.

Oak Hill is in the same group as Bluefield(AA), right? The guy has nothing to complain about, GET BETTER. If Bluefield was a big AAA and Oak Hill was a small A then it would be different. Poor leadership by a coach.

I hear Richlands has an opening on their schedule......A.D.'s should already be on the phone!!!

Probably not gonna happen, the JV and middle school both went down there this week and came home with victories, so I think that may have sealed that deal. Such a shame really.

Scheduling is becoming a major issue for Bluefield and James Monroe. We lose Scott for next year and the ohio team we are playing is a one year deal and from what I understand they are paying our expenses to come up there which is just crazy considering there are so many other teams we could be playing in the area!

Well, I guess that explains why we're gonna keep Charlotte Country Day on the schedule for next year. As it used to be, it's really difficult to get 10 games, I know we had 9 games quite a few years.

Oak Hill must be really awful, but not every AA team in WV is that bad. I wish Bluefield could get games with teams in the Charleston area, go back and play Poca, play Winfield.

One thing that is mind-boggling to me, maybe it means my illusion of WV high school football being really good, is how we've had our butts handed to us by Charlotte Country Day two years in a row. That is a SMALL school, they only graduate about 100-110 students a year. The student population looks big because it's a K-12 school, so it's like 1500-1600 or something.

I'm down here in metro Atlanta, and I see teams here place 5 (or more) seniors on college rosters every single year. Yet, in the Bluefield area, it's a good year if 2 or maybe 3 kids make it to a small college roster. Is the football that much better down here?

Just to keep track, does anybody know which AA teams in West Virginia are hiding from Bluefield? There are quite a few AA teams that aren't playing us, and I wonder which ones are trying to hide.

Just to keep track, does anybody know which AA teams in West Virginia are hiding from Bluefield? There are quite a few AA teams that aren't playing us, and I wonder which ones are trying to hide.

PikeView

Westside

Wyoming East

Shady Spring

Independence

Liberty-Raleigh

Summers Co.

Greenbrier West ("but, but we might be Class A in a few years again....")

Scott

Oak Hill (add them to the list based on coach's statement)

Riverview (only in first year of existence but will base it on Iaeger continually dodging the gauntlet)

Feel free to add ones that I may have left off...

I hear Richlands has an opening on their schedule......A.D.'s should already be on the phone!!!

As much as I wish it would happen, Richlands dosnt have an opening on their schedule. Next year it will be Tazewell, CC, Abingdon, Marion, Graham, Gate City, Honaker, Patrick Co., Pulaski Co., and Powell Valley.

PikeView

Westside

Wyoming East

Shady Spring

Independence

Liberty-Raleigh

Summers Co.

Greenbrier West ("but, but we might be Class A in a few years again....")

Scott

Oak Hill (add them to the list based on coach's statement)

Riverview (only in first year of existence but will base it on Iaeger continually dodging the gauntlet)

Feel free to add ones that I may have left off...

Based on what I have heard you can add AAA Greenbrier East to the list of teams that want no part of the Beavs.

CCD is on the schedule next year bc it is the second game of a home and home. The above mentioned teams hiding from Bluefield, I wouldnt want on the schedule. The schedule is what makes Bluefield who they are each year. They know what it feels like to lose, be down, fight back, get hit in the mouth, have their weaknesses exposed. Come playoff time, they are battle tested and know how to respond.

Maybe Bluefield and Richlands could get together. With Grundy and Graham dropping to single A, Richlands will need to pick up a team.

They've already picked up Pulaski co and I think Patrick Co and I say I think because I heard they were still talking with Patrick Co, but it may have been finalized by now.

My understanding last year was that Scott wasn't playing Bluefield this year because of their new conference alignment, and would be dropping JM after they finished out their contract this year and would be picking up Bluefield again next season......that could've changed though.

Ive heard from a member of the Richlands team it is a done deal Bluefield goes back on the schedule as of next season.

Richlands is losing Honaker, Leb, Powell Valley, Grundy, Graham, and if im not mistaken there is one more.

I find it hard to believe they will be dropping Graham from the schedule.

I find it hard to believe they will be dropping Graham from the schedule.

If this information is correct, I've got to believe that it isn't Richlands dropping Graham. The variables in that equation would seem to be reversed.

Also wondering when the cardinal law was repealed which said something to the effect that schools like Graham and Grundy will "always" play Richlands.

If this information is correct, I've got to believe that it isn't Richlands dropping Graham. The variables in that equation would seem to be reversed.

Also wondering when the cardinal law was repealed which said something to the effect that schools like Graham and Grundy will "always" play Richlands.

unless something changed recently, Graham will continue to play Richlands and Tazewell

For the umpteenth time...teams on Graham's schedule for next year...

Bluefield, Princeton, Tazewell, Richlands, Marion, Narrows, Bland Co., Fort Chiswell, Galax, and Grayson Co.

Unless one, or more, of these teams has contacted Graham High School and asked out of the series, these are the teams Graham will play for the next two years (except for maybe Princeton).

For the umpteenth time...teams on Graham's schedule for next year...

Bluefield, Princeton, Tazewell, Richlands, Marion, Narrows, Bland Co., Fort Chiswell, Galax, and Grayson Co.

Unless one, or more, of these teams has contacted Graham High School and asked out of the series, these are the teams Graham will play for the next two years (except for maybe Princeton).

Dang it, man. Don't attempt to confuse us with facts.

Personally, I believe everything I read on this message board. Regardless of whether or not it's completely contradictory. (Or maybe ESPECIALLY when it's contradictory.)

When Grundy decided to drop to Class A...:D

Dang it, man. Don't attempt to confuse us with facts.

Personally, I believe everything I read on this message board. Regardless of whether or not it's completely contradictory. (Or maybe ESPECIALLY when it's contradictory.)

You took the words I am saying right out of my mouth ...lol