10-11 season

HURleyftbll343

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurley is going to surprise everyone this year I think, when they C H O K E! TOO much talent for them not to make it, but still a year away from the big dance IF they ever make it, because all it takes is 2 T's and it's over I heard Cooper seperated a shoulder playing Quarterback....?

I believe it will come down to Graham & Abingdon this year. Abingdon returns some solid talent and height. Graham returns Bryan who in my opinion will win POY this year (should have won it last year honestly). Also Graham has a couple of athletes who did not play basketball last year, look for these 2 guys to come in and make an quick impact. These guys played AAU together for the past 2 summers in a well put together program...that should pay off for them.

1. Graham/ Abingdon

2. Graham/ Abingdon

3. Richlands

4. Grundy

5. Marion

6. Carroll Co.

7. Tazewell

Edited by grahamballer44

I believe it will come down to Graham & Abingdon this year. Abingdon returns some solid talent and height. Graham returns Bryan who in my opinion will win POY this year (should have won it last year honestly). Also Graham has a couple of athletes who did not play basketball last year, look for these 2 guys to come in and make an quick impact. These guys played AAU together for the past 2 summers in a well put together program...that should pay off for them.

1. Graham/ Abingdon

2. Graham/ Abingdon

3. Richlands

4. Grundy

5. Marion

6. Carroll Co.

7. Tazewell

Is Bryan 52 the red headish white kid for Graham because that kat can ball man. I think with Grundy returning everyone that they'll be in business for the next 2 seasons if they don't implode and they cut the right people. Alot of their better athletes Bergolowe and O'Quinn who are studs in football, didn't make to the varsity last year and stayed down to make Randy Whimmer a household name on the JV circuit!

52 is Bryan. He's a player...can shoot it from deep & bull you in the post. Good Rebounder as well. If he stays out of foul trouble & keeps his head right, he will be dominant. Carlock will do a good job of controlling him.

We played them last year, I think if they quit having the Lil Wayne concert in warm ups the G units would play under control better. But I'm with you man Bryan is pre-season All SWD, and I'd say All Region IV kat can shoot the J, and plays inside and boards well too has good touch around the basket and polished moves.

Graham can win it if they play team ball.

They have playmakers but inexperience might hurt them.

They lost a lot of Seniors last year but the Seniors this year are putting in good work.

I heard Grundy got a new coach, possibly even a better coach than last year. Can anyone confirm this?

Abingdon though....shew. I heard there putting in some good work and have some tall players.

Another guy for Graham to look out for is Christian Allen.

I heard he went to a 5 star basketball camp and learned a lot from there.

He also has been in the weight room and keeps getting better.

I know a little bias here... but do not over look Abingdon. They should have a real solid team this year. They lost two shooters, but gain a better team. If they bring up Hess's little brother to varsity this year you might want to remember his name... Josh Hess. He can play the game flat out.

AHS will have a lot size to their team... not like in past few years where they had some size and no players. This should be one of the better teams AHS has put out if a few years.

I hate playing grundy because they play team ball so well. If Grundy had the talent like Graham and AHS they would be great team because of their bball IQ. They play the game right. I would never sleep on this team.... ever.

I know a little bias here... but do not over look Abingdon. They should have a real solid team this year. They lost two shooters, but gain a better team. If they bring up Hess's little brother to varsity this year you might want to remember his name... Josh Hess. He can play the game flat out.

AHS will have a lot size to their team... not like in past few years where they had some size and no players. This should be one of the better teams AHS has put out if a few years.

I don't think anyone is over looking Abingdon. They are the real deal after losing only a couple players. There should be a great battle for the top spot

I would imagine that the Clinch Mountain District will come down between Gate City and Virginia High. I'd put my money on the Devils though.

Appalachia should be the dominate team in D1 this year and the LPD will come down between them and Powell Valley.

I would Imagine that Castlewood will win the Cumberland district again also.

Gate city is a solid team and should handle Va High. Va High has a new coach this year so it should be a interesting transition. Their freshman class has some really good players at Va High

So does this mean Abingdon will only lose by 15 instead of 25 when regional play arrives and they actually have to play a school that has an equal enrollment?

I would imagine that the Clinch Mountain District will come down between Gate City and Virginia High. I'd put my money on the Devils though.

Appalachia should be the dominate team in D1 this year and the LPD will come down between them and Powell Valley.

I would Imagine that Castlewood will win the Cumberland district again also.

CMD will probably be between GC and Lee. Could be a really good district race for the CMD this year.

GW always runs the hogo, but I believe this is the year for any other team to get it. The hogo is weak as ever. Im not sold on GW or Chi lookout for RR & PH to surprise some people. RR has solid guys and PH is as athletic as ever.

PH will be lucky if they still have a basketball program by the time season rolls around. The athletic program is a mess right now, and once Cannon takes the Baseball job......no more baseball players will be playing basketball or football.