Grundy vs graham

GrahamPG44

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what we are supposed to think. I do know one thing. This Grundy team is the same group who endured loss after loss for several years, but never quit once in any game I saw them play. They are a much different team now. I expect Graham will see that on Friday night. Confidence among the faithful is at an all time low. I expect them to come out on the short end of the stick. I guess that is what my thoughts are.

Grundy beats Graham so badly on Friday, that people may think Pocahontas is back! Grundy banishes Graham to Mountain Empire District and Region C next year. I hear Graham isn't going to play anyone west of W-ville next year in any sport.

maybe one way to get rid of marrs is to consolidate graham and tazewell next year seeing as both are not doing any good at all in football. that way they could just hire a different coach and not use either from both schools.

Graham and Grundy is another old rival game, and Graham always gives Grundy fits...Grundy will have to play better than they did in the 2nd half of the Marion game to win...and thats a fact. This is one of those games Grundy needs to really stay focused on or they will lose.

I hear Graham isn't going to play anyone west of W-ville next year in any sport.

You hear wrong...geographically speaking, Bluefield, Richlands, Tazewell, Marion, and Grayson Co. high schools are all west of Wytheville and all on the 2011 football schedule...

You hear wrong...geographically speaking, Bluefield, Richlands, Tazewell, Marion, and Grayson Co. high schools are all west of Wytheville and all on the 2011 football schedule...

I guess Grayson has to be. I don't see Graham ever removing Tazewell, Bluefield, or Richlands from the schedule, but I could be wrong...

Wouldn't Bland Co. also be on that list?

Wouldn't Bland Co. also be on that list?

Well...maybe. Bland HS may just barely be slighly west of Wytheville, however Rocky Gap is just slightly east of Wytheville. If you base it off of the location of Bland Co.'s football field, then yes, you could add them to the list as being west of Wytheville. But in all honesty, I'd call that one even...

Grundy rolls...

Hearing Graham may be without starting QB for a while...

Apparently he is going to be out according to the news. Why would DM replace him with another senior without any QB experience as he said on sports last night? I understand there are a couple of sophmores that are pretty decent on the JV squad .... anyone ever heard of building for the future?

Well...maybe. Bland HS may just barely be slighly west of Wytheville, however Rocky Gap is just slightly east of Wytheville. If you base it off of the location of Bland Co.'s football field, then yes, you could add them to the list as being west of Wytheville. But in all honesty, I'd call that one even...

Now that's splittin' hairs....

Apparently he is going to be out according to the news. Why would DM replace him with another senior without any QB experience as he said on sports last night? I understand there are a couple of sophmores that are pretty decent on the JV squad .... anyone ever heard of building for the future?

You ask this about a coach with 15 seniors last year who kept them in all games, including the games where they were down 30+ at halftime. Plenty of chances to build last year too. Just sayin'.

Marrs does not think about the future he knows his days sre numbered why help the man that is replacing him by letting the young kids get some playin time. And for the game this week grundy need not worry if marrs is winning at half he change it in the second quarter. Some blues fan should remember bout 4 yr ago we could not stop the pass to the goins kid played tight end well guess what he never had a ball passed his way in the second half richlands wins big was a close game at the half because of that little pass play. Some will say that we made great changes a the break some what true but the goins kid never ran a rout in the second half. Grund wins by 14.

I guess Grayson has to be. I don't see Graham ever removing Tazewell, Bluefield, or Richlands from the schedule, but I could be wrong...

I would take off Richlands if I didn't have to play them....why goa nd get pounded every year if you don't have too

I would take off Richlands if I didn't have to play them....why goa nd get pounded every year if you don't have too

richlands is a close game (geography wise), they carry a lot of points that even in a loss go far for an A level team, it is a long running series, playing lesser teams doen't make your program better in the big picture, Ernie Hicks has good hot dogs, you would miss the entrance to enter sandman and that giant blues helmet, you might miss your chance to be net famous by missing the richlands version of "the boys of fall" that you know someone is already working on somewhere in the blueneck nation, and lastly you will have to listen to southbound call you out for side stepping richlands while A-town has to "endure" them due to still being in the district.

you might miss your chance to be net famous by missing the richlands version of "the boys of fall" that you know someone is already working on somewhere in the blueneck nation

come on Lance, there's already one on youtube....(no joke)