Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech

vthokies4life

Now starts VT's November gauntlet (that seems much less troublesome than it did a couple months ago). I'm hopeful that we can continue our current run of play, but fear a return to ineptitude. Thoughts on Thursday's game? And if anyone is going to be in Lane, can I live vicariously through you for the night?

Now starts VT's November gauntlet (that seems much less troublesome than it did a couple months ago). I'm hopeful that we can continue our current run of play, but fear a return to ineptitude. Thoughts on Thursday's game? And if anyone is going to be in Lane, can I live vicariously through you for the night?

You'll hang 50 on that paper-mache defense.

GT's defense is AWFUL at stopping the run, much worse than VT is at stopping the triple option.

This could be one of those 52-37 kind of games, but I like VT in this one.

Live vicariously through me my son. I will try to utilize my Hokie spirit to channel your energy.

I think we'll be okay. A Thursday night game in Lane is always to our favor.. if the offense doesn't go back into its hermit shell. I like the way we've spread the ball around the last few weeks, even though it was against the worst defensive teams in the world, at least we got a decent confidence boost in a lot of positions. Except for our defensive middle, yuck.

I've got the same feeling about this game as I had when Matty Ice broke our hearts on a cold, rainy Thursday night in the 'burg a few years ago...I was sick for two weeks, physically, mentally, and emotionally...

Nonetheless, Tech wins...

I've got the same feeling about this game as I had when Matty Ice broke our hearts on a cold, rainy Thursday night in the 'burg a few years ago...I was sick for two weeks, physically, mentally, and emotionally...

Nonetheless, Tech wins...

I damaged a pretty good cell phone in that game. The damage Matty Ice did to me actually cost me a decent amount of money. I'm convinced that if VT won that game, I would've never hulked my poncho off and stomped it thus letting the rain penetrate my clothing and pockets...

Live vicariously through me my son. I will try to utilize my Hokie spirit to channel your energy.

I think we'll be okay. A Thursday night game in Lane is always to our favor.. if the offense doesn't go back into its hermit shell. I like the way we've spread the ball around the last few weeks, even though it was against the worst defensive teams in the world, at least we got a decent confidence boost in a lot of positions. Except for our defensive middle, yuck.

Haha, thanks Deuceswild. And yeah, I think we'll be good Thursday.

But there's always that fear of the hermit shell...

Our Offense is on a roll right now. We got all 3 running backs back this game which means we should run all over them since there run D isn't the best.

Our Defense has had over a week to prepare for the triple option.

Offense will be clicking and Defense will do just enough for us to get by.

Virginia Tech-44

Georgia Tech-30

VT was a favorite last year over a GT team that couldn't stop much on D either. We all know how that turned out. I'm not convinced VT wins this game. How many times over the last several years has the VT offense been "rollin'" only to have a bad out-of-character game against a team they should beat at the worst time in the season?

VT is 3-3 over their last six Thursday night games home and away.

VT was a favorite last year over a GT team that couldn't stop much on D either. We all know how that turned out. I'm not convinced VT wins this game. How many times over the last several years has the VT offense been "rollin'" only to have a bad out-of-character game against a team they should beat at the worst time in the season?

VT is 3-3 over their last six Thursday night games home and away.

The difference in this year's GT defense and last is like the difference between Richlands's defense and Graham's this year. That team cannot stop ANYTHING on the ground, hence why VT should light up the scoreboard like a Christmas tree.

Our Offense is on a roll right now.

Yeh buddy...Central Michigan, Wake, and Duke have some really good defenses...:rolleyes:...

Don't hang your hopes on that...VT will be lucky to score 20 on GT...remember, we still have Stiney running the O and he's due a frack-up...

My how times have changed when Hokie fans predict a sure win with the other team scoring 30+ points. What a difference a year and some inexperience makes!

Nah, just happens when you play a gimmick offense that throws illegal blocks...like playing Giles and defending the single wing...even the best D's have trouble with it...

The difference in this year's GT defense and last is like the difference between Richlands's defense and Graham's this year. That team cannot stop ANYTHING on the ground, hence why VT should light up the scoreboard like a Christmas tree.

This year, GT is giving up 23.73 pts/game...last season they gave up 24.79 pts/game...

Yeh buddy...Central Michigan, Wake, and Duke have some really good defenses...:rolleyes:...

Don't hang your hopes on that...VT will be lucky to score 20 on GT...remember, we still have Stiney running the O and he's due a frack-up...

Ding ding ding....

vt wins in a laugher....home thursday night game...

VT has lost 2 of their last 3 home Thursday night games (lost to UNC and BC)..."squeaked" by Maryland in the one they won...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You're selling yourself way too short. Even UVA, playing at its worst, scored 20 against Al Groh's defense. 35, at the very least. And most likely 50. GT's not Wake or Duke, but their defense is right on par with Central Michigan. Seriously.