Bluefield fans (especially those at the game), some troubling quotes from Simon

BeaverHokie

I listened to the game online, wasn't there, and wanted to see if anyone who went felt these comments by Fred Simon were fair and justified.

First off, my philosophy is that a coach ought to be the first to accept blame, and the last to blame players. DOUG Marrs at Graham is sort of the opposite, he's the guy that always seems to blame the players. I've never felt that Fred Simon was that kind of guy. Admittedly, these quotes were taken right after the game, so I'll give him some slack, but they still trouble me.

I don't know that coaching decisions lost this game, but a few things that concerned me were that we kept throwing the ball out of an empty backfield, even when the run was working, and we were throwing into a stiff (reported to be 30 mph??) wind. Also, we huddled twice on a running clock in the last 2 minutes of the game. Considering we lost by 5 (24-19), I have to wonder why we made those decisions.

Anyway, here is what Simon said in the BDT

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x1468309058/Road-block

“We didn’t tackle well,” Bluefield head coach Fred Simon said.

“We didn’t play very good in the first half,” Simon said. “It took us until halftime before the players decided it was time to play.

I can agree, we seemed to have a lot of problems tackling their QB, who had 174 yards on 31 carries.

But, the other comments? True? I just would have liked to see Simon take a little blame too.

first off coach simon is / was exactly right... second he should have mentioned the terrible officiating.. especially in the fourth quater and third but probably most important... Until you get a coaching license certificate or at least part of a brain YOU should probably keep your ignorant @$$ mouth shut .. you sorry sack of escrement... Too many people sitting in the stands and at home try to do something that is not in their cards to do... Every week I have to sit in the stands and listen to one of you psychos down those coaches or players... if you dont like what they do .. STAY AWAY. we will win and as unfortunate as it is lose with or without you. As most of you know Coach Simon and those around him work very hard to get those young men right. You back of the Bandwagon riders constantly hop on and off... if or when they win you scrounge for position so that you can say that you are for the team , the team means so much to you... let 'em lose and you jump your sorry @$$3$ off of the bandwagon and point your crooked fingers claiming injustices of every kind. To the kids on this team I say great effort in the second half of this game and what a run of victories the past four years. God Bless you and may life lead you down happy/ happier trails... To the other fans I say that we all pack our things away and prepare to support the athletes to come in the following years... to YOU ... NAYSAYER, PESSIMIST, INGORANT ...find a quiet spot somewhere away from us, listen to a bird chirp, watch a squirrel run, feel the cool wind on your face and then pull the trigger... trust me we wont miss you....

first off coach simon is / was exactly right... second he should have mentioned the terrible officiating.. especially in the fourth quater and third but probably most important... Until you get a coaching license certificate or at least part of a brain YOU should probably keep your ignorant @$$ mouth shut .. you sorry sack of escrement... Too many people sitting in the stands and at home try to do something that is not in their cards to do... Every week I have to sit in the stands and listen to one of you psychos down those coaches or players... if you dont like what they do .. STAY AWAY. we will win and as unfortunate as it is lose with or without you. As most of you know Coach Simon and those around him work very hard to get those young men right. You back of the Bandwagon riders constantly hop on and off... if or when they win you scrounge for position so that you can say that you are for the team , the team means so much to you... let 'em lose and you jump your sorry @$$3$ off of the bandwagon and point your crooked fingers claiming injustices of every kind. To the kids on this team I say great effort in the second half of this game and what a run of victories the past four years. God Bless you and may life lead you down happy/ happier trails... To the other fans I say that we all pack our things away and prepare to support the athletes to come in the following years... to YOU ... NAYSAYER, PESSIMIST, INGORANT ...find a quiet spot somewhere away from us, listen to a bird chirp, watch a squirrel run, feel the cool wind on your face and then pull the trigger... trust me we wont miss you....

Excuse me? Listen here, you pathetic jackwagon, I know Fred Simon. I played for Fred Simon...so shut your disrespectful mouth.

Obviously, you're just too stupid to get my point. Fred threw the players under the bus, and took none of the blame.

So seriously...stop acting like a moron.

I wasn't at the game and I also feel like a coach should be the first to accept blame but it's the coaches job to call the plays and it's the players job to execute them and maybe the comments were out of emotion following a heartbreaking loss I don't know.

From listening to the game I to didn't get a good feeling when I heard them mention "empty backfield". I figure that being down early in the game and Simon never losing confidence in the O-line had alot to do with those decisions.

I feel like home field was a major advantage for Ravenswood last night. It made alot of the difference for them. I feel like maybe Bluefield underestimated their speed a little bit also. I don't know. But nevertheless good season Beavers! Just get back up, work hard in the offseason, strap it on and try again next season!

Let's take this stupid message one bit at a time...

irst off coach simon is / was exactly right... second he should have mentioned the terrible officiating.. especially in the fourth quater and third but probably most important...

He didn't mention the officiating. Thank you for at least mentioning it, it did sound poor on the radio. But what Fred DID do was throw the players under the bus.

Until you get a coaching license certificate or at least part of a brain YOU should probably keep your ignorant @$$ mouth shut .. you sorry sack of escrement...

Seriously...STFU with your personal attack. I sent you a private message, you talk big, and you know, you need to learn to SHUT YOUR SMART MOUTH.

Put up or shut up, punk.

You back of the Bandwagon riders constantly hop on and off... if or when they win you scrounge for position so that you can say that you are for the team , the team means so much to you... let 'em lose and you jump your sorry @$$3$ off of the bandwagon and point your crooked fingers claiming injustices of every kind.

You idiot. Calling me bandwagon? Seriously, STFU, you stupid little punk. I've probably been going to games since before you were BORN.

to YOU ... NAYSAYER, PESSIMIST, INGORANT ...find a quiet spot somewhere away from us, listen to a bird chirp, watch a squirrel run, feel the cool wind on your face and then pull the trigger... trust me we wont miss you....

You are a pathetic human being. You have no ability to interact with others. Eat me.

Coach Simon always seems to call it like he sees it...so if that's what he said, I'd think he was right and justified in saying so.

Congrats to the Beavers on another good season though...at least you guys know going in to it each year that you should have some sort of shot at state.

It's Doug Marrs at Graham....not Rick Marrs....Rick is his brother and hasn't coached in several years. Rick is actually a pretty good coach.

Whoops, you are correct. Apologies to Rick, meant to say Doug there.

I fixed it in the original post...

[ "Excuse me? Listen here, you pathetic jackwagon, I know Fred Simon. I played for Fred Simon...so shut your disrespectful mouth.

Obviously, you're just too stupid to get my point. Fred threw the players under the bus, and took none of the blame.

So seriously...stop acting like a moron."]

THERE IS REALLY NO EXCUSE FOR YOU..... SIR.... I'm sorry people like you are a true anomaly of nature. ... OOPS maybe you dont comprehend what I'm saying.... An anomaly is any occurrence or object that is strange, unusual, or unique. It can also mean a discrepancy or deviation from an established rule, trend, or pattern.

ok... so what you said wasnt disrespectful??? You sir are an idiot... and as far as myself being one... Maybe to you. However anyone with any intellect and KNOWLEDGE of Coach Simon would know that he would never do that to his athletes. The man said exactly what needed to be said. Are you one of those people that catches a glimpse of someone on tv or in an article and FEEL as if you've known them forever??? Well are you dream Boy?? If You had access to any of the game film or knew half of what you saw (if you made it up there) or (heard on the radio) you would know that the players REALLY under performed. So would you like it candy coated and for coach to say oh we played our @$$3$ off and that team was better?.... He would never do so unless that was true... It wasn't..... so face REALITY. THEY DIDN'T PLAY WELL and THEY would be the first to admit that. For future reference Your smart comments are first and foremost NOT SMART at all... even if they were ask when, how , and where will you ever gain TRUE INTELLIGENCE. Hardly feasible since you apparently have lost what LITTLE MIND that you had. Second, You sir should know that officiating was probably the second yet most important part of that loss... along with some really clever psychological events from their local sherrif's office etc.... Third, If YOU are such a FAN then why in the world would you try and down such a legendary coach who only spoke the truth...? so do I have to give you those instructions again?? Or will you do us all a FAVOR and get lost? Actually I pray that you don't destroy yourself... stick around and watch what those pesky little BEAVERS do... God Bless You!!

* Highlighted words may have a subliminal effect on some* ( hint, hint)

"I once trained a lab rat... He finally understood that inorder to gain the satisfactory treat that he loved, he would have to suffer the tiny shock when he pressed the bar"

Edited by phatbeaver

[ "Excuse me? Listen here, you pathetic jackwagon, I know Fred Simon. I played for Fred Simon...so shut your disrespectful mouth.

So seriously...stop acting like a moron."]

THERE IS REALLY NO EXCUSE FOR YOU..... SIR.... I'm sorry people like you are a true anomaly of nature. ... OOPS maybe you dont comprehend what I'm saying.... An anomaly is any occurrence or object that is strange, unusual, or unique. It can also mean a discrepancy or deviation from an established rule, trend, or pattern.

ok... so what you said wasnt disrespectful??? You sir are an idiot... and as far as myself being one... Maybe to you. However anyone with any intellect and KNOWLEDGE of Coach Simon would know that he would never do that to his athletes. The man said exactly what needed to be said. Are you one of those people that catches a glimpse of someone on tv or in an article and FEEL as if you've known them forever??? Well are you dream Boy?? If You had access to any of the game film or knew half of what you saw (if you made it up there) or (heard on the radio) you would know that the players REALLY under performed. So would you like it candy coated and for coach to say oh we played our @$$3$ off and that team was better?.... He would never do so unless that was true... It wasn't..... so face REALITY. THEY DIDN'T PLAY WELL and THEY would be the first to admit that. For future reference Your smart comments are first and foremost NOT SMART at all... even if they were ask when, how , and where will you ever gain TRUE INTELLIGENCE. Hardly feasible since you apparently have lost what LITTLE MIND that you had. Second, You sir should know that officiating was probably the second yet most important part of that loss... along with some really clever psychological events from their local sherrif's office etc.... Third, If YOU are such a FAN then why in the world would you try and down such a legendary coach who only spoke the truth...? so do I have to give you those instructions again?? Or will you do us all a FAVOR and get lost? Actually I pray that you don't destroy yourself... stick around and watch what those pesky little BEAVERS do... God Bless You!!

WOW! First off, way to copy and paste from wikipedia in an attempt to sound smarter than someone else...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomaly

You obviously have some anger issues. The guy had some valid points about the coaching in the game. A true fan is aloud to comment on questionable coaching, if he indeed feels the coaching deserves it....obviously you don't, but that doesn't mean he cant.

Also, I don't think he would be doing everyone a favor by leaving, only you...since you are the only one disagreeing with him.

But of course this is coming from an unbiased outsider that has no dog in this fight. So go ahead, let me have it.

anyone with any intellect and KNOWLEDGE of Coach Simon would know that he would never do that to his athletes

That is exactly why I asked about it. I've never seen Fred say such a thing, which is why I asked, SPECIFICALLY THOSE THAT WENT TO THE GAME, if it was correct.

Of course, you come in here, unleashing a stream of insults and rants toward me for daring to EVEN ASK. Idiot.

Are you one of those people that catches a glimpse of someone on tv or in an article and FEEL as if you've known them forever??? Well are you dream Boy?? If You had access to any of the game film or knew half of what you saw (if you made it up there) or (heard on the radio) you would know that the players REALLY under performed.

Like I said, I know Fred Simon. I played for Fred Simon a long time ago. I didn't "catch a glimpse" of him.

I don't have access to the game film. I live in Georgia. I didn't go to the game, I did listen to it on the radio (if you had actually READ my original comment, you would have KNOWN that). Listening to the game, you cannot know specifics. If I hear "Beckett throws to Woodrum....incomplete pass", I can't know if:

1. Beckett threw a bad pass, or

2. Beckett threw a good pass, Woodrum dropped it, or

3. Beckett threw a good pass, Woodrum made a good attempt, but it was well defended.

That is EXACTLY why I asked for those that went to the game to comment. I didn't ask for STUPID LITTLE FOUL-MOUTHED DISRESPECTFUL INTERNET BADASS IDIOTS like you to respond and act like an INTERNET BADASS.

By the way, you still have not responded to my private message to you. Still waiting.

Third, If YOU are such a FAN then why in the world would you try and down such a legendary coach who only spoke the truth...?

For the seventeenth time, that is WHY I ASKED PEOPLE TO RESPOND. It is not Freddie's nature to do that, so....shocker...that is why I ASKED.

so do I have to give you those instructions again?? Or will you do us all a FAVOR and get lost?

Hoenstly, are you so dense you think I am going to leave? Not in the least. You get on here and act like an INTERNET BADASS, and think I'm going to leave because you type a bunch of words? I'm going nowhere, but several have already suggested that YOU ought to get out of here. Think about it.

Actually I pray that you don't destroy yourself... stick around and watch what those pesky little BEAVERS do... God Bless You!!

Gee, I've just been watching that for 30+ years. I don't think I needed your advice to keep watching.

* Highlighted words may have a subliminal effect on some* ( hint, hint)

Yes, for us all to laugh at you.

WOW! First off, way to copy and paste from wikipedia in an attempt to sound smarter than someone else...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomaly

You obviously have some anger issues. The guy had some valid points about the coaching in the game. A true fan is aloud to comment on questionable coaching, if he indeed feels the coaching deserves it....obviously you don't, but that doesn't mean he cant.

Also, I don't think he would be doing everyone a favor by leaving, only you...since you are the only one disagreeing with him.

But of course this is coming from an unbiased outsider that has no dog in this fight. So go ahead, let me have it.

I wouldn't let you have it if you begged for IT?? Whatever IT is....

First off learn to spell before you try and insult me the word that you would like to know how to use is spelled A-L-L-O-W-E-D. The quote was most definately from wikipedia.... my reasoning is that I would like to base my thoughts on something solid unlike those that speculate and try to reason with reality. As you said ..you don't have a dog in this fight therefore I spare you and the general public anymore shameful remarks.

That should shut your mouth or at least remain neutral so you dont have to feel the fire...

Ok??? As for Mr. Georgia.... If you ever played for Coach Simon I wonder if you JUST played late in games that your teammates had already scored a zillion points? Is that why you are so full of animosity??? hmmmmm???

and my being removed from here is not a problem... I actually plan on doing that freely.. makes you wonder though .. Now why would anyone not want the person speaking the truth to stick around... and no i'm not an internet BADASS, neither does Santa Claus exist but you internet badasses would never talk so freely in my physical presence... that sir is not a quote from wikipedia... solid truth.

Though I admit that these posts are fun I have wasted far too much time trying to enlighten at least two of you... I have a few files to finish and after you stumble over this I pray that you will brush your teeth, put your alphabet blocks away and rest your itty bitty minds...

I pray that God Blesses you and forgives me for taking part in this stuff.... It really is quite silly...but fun fun fun...

Edited by phatbeaver

I wouldn't let you have it if you begged for IT?? Whatever IT is....

First off learn to spell before you try and insult me the word that you would like to know how to use is spelled A-L-L-O-W-E-D. The quote was most definately from wikipedia.... my reasoning is that I would like to base my thoughts on something solid unlike those that speculate and try to reason with reality. As you said ..you don't have a dog in this fight therefore I spare you and the general public anymore shameful remarks.

That should shut your mouth or at least remain neutral so you dont have to feel the fire...

Ok??? As for Mr. Georgia.... If you ever played for Coach Simon I wonder if you JUST played late in games that your teammates had already scored a zillion points? Is that why you are so full of animosity??? hmmmmm???

and my being removed from here is not a problem... I actually plan on doing that freely.. makes you wonder though .. Now why would anyone not want the person speaking the truth to stick around... and no i'm not an internet BADASS, neither does Santa Claus exist but you internet badasses would never talk so freely in my physical presence... that sir is not a quote from wikipedia... solid truth.

Though I admit that these posts are fun I have wasted far too much time trying to enlighten at least two of you... I have a few files to finish and after you stumble over this I pray that you will brush your teeth, put your alphabet blocks away and rest your itty bitty minds...

I pray that God Blesses you and forgives me for taking part in this stuff.... It really is quite silly...but fun fun fun...

it really must be fantastic to be such a perfect person the only one in the world at least that is how you sound. that you are perfect and everyone else is beneath you and should bow to your great knowledge.i must admire such a jackass who is perfect. one in a million. you give all beaver fans a bad name by your rant on here. maybe you need to learn from the rest of the beaver fans to show some respect and restraint in what you say. you let your alligator mouth overload your parakeet ass with your comments to beaver fans on here. they deserve better. i may not agree with them most of the time but as a graham fan i give them the respect they deserve. live and learn phat.

Coming from an outsider, BeaverHokie is a well respected poster on this board. You, phatbeaver, have come from absolutely nowhere and have started bashing someone for a question. Your comments are highly out of line. If I were GMan, you would have the Ban Hammer crushed upon you faster than you can reply to this comment. There's just no need for any kind of comments such as this. Everyone loses their cool sometimes, but this is just a little too far and has no merit to the discussion. Just my two cents.

Most definately... Drop the hammer Lance if you feel the need. The opinions of the status quo has never bothered me... The truth however remains the truth and he should have never bashed someone else if bashing is not what he himself can deal with. And yes I did come from nowhere.. mostly read some of this stuff and wonder... this guy caught me and I'm sure others at a terrible time.... However...let the pieces fall where they may. I bid you all a good day.

phatbeaver needs to go...drop the ban hammer G-Man. Congrats to the Beavers on another great season! Hope you win em all next year except the first one ;)

"but you internet badasses would never talk so freely in my physical presence... that sir is not a quote from wikipedia... solid truth."

PhatBeaver,

If you would like an oppurtunity to discover if this might be a "reality" then come my way for lunch one afternoon. I'll gladly let you know what I think of your recent post. You have attacked without knowledge of intent and thrown around some strong language. If you are throwing out challenges as well be mindful of those that might rise to such.