To The Richlands Fans

Rhschamps04

Ok here we are a couple days after the game we waited a year for and I have been thinking about something ever since the end of that game but decided to just think about it more before i posted. I have decided to just go ahead and post because my mind has not changed.

Guys let me explain something to you there is a difference in being a fan and going to the game just to say I was at the game and after last friday I have to say the worst thing about the Blues was there fans you guys paid 7 dollars or whatever it was to go in to the game and sit on your hands. Im not sure if you were full on turkey or if you just decided it was to cold to cheer or whatever. Im not saying all because i did see a few people screaming for almost the whole night im talking about the ones that when it was a tight ball game and cave had the ball driving and the crowd was going crazy... oh wait thats right when cave was driving unless it was 4th down you guys set and had social conversation while that was going on. Would it be so much to ask for a little noise if you do not want to make noise in one of the biggest games of the year and only come just to say you was at the game why dont you just stay at the house and listen to it on the Radio im sure after i finish this post in a sec you all will get on here Oh it wasn't me i was cheering i support my blues and all of that and we will all show up to the game this week and the Real fans will be louder than they are at Home because they outweigh the fans on the road of the ones that sit on the hands and just come to mingle. All im saying is the young men work so hard all season and all they want in return is a little noise from the stand and I do not believe that is to much to ask.

Just so you can put away your broad brush, I did not cheer and scream as I normally do. However, I had a little problem. I was in my 8th day of fighting a particularly wicked virus. I spent my Thanksgiving covered up on the couch. drinking Gatorade. I called my game buddy to say I would have to park on the hill and listen on the radio. Never mind I would have to drive about an hour and a half to get to the stadium (Home games are away games since I moved), I would not be an internet fan for this one. As I was getting ready to leave, I decided to heck with it, called my buddy back, and grabbed some extra clothes. So I took my meds, shook like a leaf in the wind, coughed into my gloves, and watched a great football game. I did manage a few shouts along the way, but my throat made me pay for each one. I doubt I was the only sick fan at the stadium. Just so you know.

I hate to hear that you was sick i understand being sick as i was at the martinsville game myself with the flu i understand being sick and im not talking to you if that was the case im talking to the people that showed up at the game just to say to there friends the next day oh i went to the game im talking to the fans that when coach mance turned around and was motioning for them to get into it they just sat there like it was the first time they had ever been to a game and did not know what to do.

Best of luck to richlands.....from your neighbors in clintwood...

Thank you! Good Luck to you as well!!!!!

You must have been sitting on the opposite side of the stadium from us.....the band side was loud!!!!! I know me and 2 other people in my group woke up with no voices yesterday :)

I had the crud last friday night but what voice I had was used up during the game. I do agree that our fans could be much louder, and hopefully will at Brookville. Some of them don't realize to get loud when they have the ball and be quite when we do. Its like my wife asking me how many points do you get for a fair catch. Some people are just there and don't have a clue.

I agee 100%. I am a VT season ticket holder and know what fan support is like. Our fans were dead friday night. I made the comment several times to te folks setting around me that our fans were not into the game.

also good luck from Gate City I hope that all three teams do well in the next 2 weeks and brings the state tropheys back where they belong in swva

I drove 4+ hours again Friday night to support the Blues and I sure didn't sit on my hands.I do however think (just an opinion) fans got a little stunned by some of the playcalling.

Good luck to the GC we know you guy's can bring home the hardware! And I hope the rest follow suit.

I drove 3+ hours to the game and I must say I was stunned by 1. How good CS really was. 2. Some of the poor calls the Blues made.(#80 of the Blues on #11 of CS) I want some of whatever they where smoking...80 is a great DE but no way He can stay with M.Cole!

Good luck to the GC we know you guy's can bring home the hardware! And I hope the rest follow suit.

I drove 3+ hours to the game and I must say I was stunned by 1. How good CS really was. 2. Some of the poor calls the Blues made.(#80 of the Blues on #11 of CS) I want some of whatever they where smoking...80 is a great DE but no way He can stay with M.Cole!

looked like other than a couple of plays he stayed with him pretty well i guess they knew what they were doing.

looked like other than a couple of plays he stayed with him pretty well i guess they knew what they were doing.

He did not cover him every play but the couple they put him on Cole He got toasted. And one was for a TD. Mance and the gang do a great job but I don't know what they were thinking having a DE trying to cover one of the states best players? Not taking anything from 80 he's a great DE...but any DE trying to cover Cole is crazy. I'm just glad we won!!!

He did not cover him every play but the couple they put him on Cole He got toasted. And one was for a TD. Mance and the gang do a great job but I don't know what they were thinking having a DE trying to cover one of the states best players? Not taking anything from 80 he's a great DE...but any DE trying to cover Cole is crazy. I'm just glad we won!!!

That was just something thrown in to try to throw cave off all season our DEs had never dropped back into coverage they threw that in there to give them something they had never seen.

That was just something thrown in to try to throw cave off all season our DEs had never dropped back into coverage they threw that in there to give them something they had never seen.

Your prob. right. Thats why I'm not a coach. There a lot smarter than me.

I was thinking the same thing as well. Our crowd is spoiled. They are used to us winning by 40 points every game and when we get a good close game, they are too stunned to do anything noise-wise about it. I know me and my Dad stood the entire 2nd quarter and the entire 2nd half. I am extremely thankful that I am now the screamer in my band. Learning to scream over the last two years has made my throat lined in steel haha. Im now convinced that I can scream every play all night and not be a bit hoarse when the game is over. I too, am a VT fan. And its not jsut VT that the fans are like that. I think everyone should go to a major college game at some point just to feel the atmosphere of it all. Heres to hoping we travel well Saturday and MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!

I agree 100% Ryan, those of us at the game need to make noise like never before. Really make the Richlands players feel like they are at home. This Brookville team is a real test and our fans can help them this week. I am resting my voice all week just to loose it next Saturday.

Put a striped shirt on the opposing QB and the Richlands fans will be all over him. EHS has never been louder than when they are upset at the officials. If they could direct that energy at opposing offenses every game would be a shutout.

All I know is my wife and I were both unable to talk on Saturday after the game. I sat a couple rows down from the guys that sing the oooo leee ooo or what ever it is and most around me were making a lot of noise, but I agree there were a lot of times that more of the fans needed to be up and making any kind of noise they could !

I still think that over all, we have good fans that travel about as good as any team in the state !

We need just a little more noise please !

i hate to say this but,single a ball in this area seems to be more heated..crowds are louder and fans get pumped up..but if you pay money you can do what you want.i do see your point as well..but you gotta consider,you all are use to winning..good luck

All I know is my wife and I were both unable to talk on Saturday after the game. I sat a couple rows down from the guys that sing the oooo leee ooo or what ever it is and most around me were making a lot of noise, but I agree there were a lot of times that more of the fans needed to be up and making any kind of noise they could !

I still think that over all, we have good fans that travel about as good as any team in the state !

We need just a little more noise please !

Those guys are the Blueneck Nation and you should join them when they do Olay. It would be sweet to have that get really loud.

Drove in for the game from ATL Friday. Layered up for the game.....WHEW....a "wee bit" colder in Blues' country, but saw a good game from two very good teams.

I was extremely proud of the Richlands' boys and how they kept (figuratively speaking) fighting, digging, scratching and hustling for the W !!! WAY TO GO BLUES.

Sat in the vincinity of the Blueneck Nation....they are great Richlands' supporters. Their Ole cheer is awesome.

I yell, scream, "holler", "fuss & moan" .... and any other action verb you want to apply at a football game....after all that's why we are at the game or should be....to watch and cheer for our team.

I drove back Saturday to attend on Sunday the ATL Falcons(don't want Southbound and Falconman to get confused) and the Green Bay Lackers.....I mean Slackers....oops, Packers game :D (Spouse from WI and a GB fanatic....me, a Falcon Fan.). Was given free tickets....2 rows from field....near the end zone... really good viewing ....unless, the teams were on the other end of the field. Jumbotrons aided the viewing then. :)

The atmosphere in the GA Dome was "electric".....( there were a "good many" cheeseheads in attendance)....walking out later to the vehicle....some fan yelled....hey, "anybody want a grilled cheese"? Of course, I felt I needed to repeat that phrase to the spouse....in case it wasn't heard.

The end of the game was awesome (yep, that word again)....GB scored their last TD on our end....and I thought uh-oh overtime here we come. However, the KO return to ATL was aided greatly by a GB facemask penalty ( bet there was some major "chewing" on the return to the sidelines) ...a 15 yarder that really "came in handy" on the FG kick a few plays later to win the game.

Absolutely FANtastic game....and above action verbs applied to this game also.

(BTW, read on the AJC today, Matty Ice announced his engagement....BC girlfriend... a little ET news for you that relish that kinda "stuff".) :D

Attended two great games this past weekend....my Blues and my ATL Falcons... both WON .....doesn't get any better ......OLE!!!

Edited by trublue

Those guys are the Blueneck Nation and you should join them when they do Olay. It would be sweet to have that get really loud.

I sat right in front of them Friday night, one of them even grabbed me and said get up Tazewell boy and cheer... haha