Bluefield's Schedule

Guest Highlanders

Ok,

Bluefield needs a game for either 10/7 or 10/14

So does Brooke on either of those dates

A chance to fill 2 WV schedules with 1 game

If travel is a issue agree to meet at either Parkersburg or Charleston on a late Saturday afternoon kickoff.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,

Bluefield needs a game for either 10/7 or 10/14

So does Brooke on either of those dates

A chance to fill 2 WV schedules with 1 game

If travel is a issue agree to meet at either Parkersburg or Charleston on a late Saturday afternoon kickoff.

If that is the case regarding Bluefields 10/7 open date I say fantastic. It does neither Bluefield or Mount View any good for different reasons. I personally wouod love to see Brooke and Bluefield in a 2 game series. I think both parts of the state would agree. Based on 2011 schedules it would likely have to be Bluefield home in 2011 and Brooke home 2012. Nuetral site would be a possibility as well but I think both schools would like to play home. Its a long trip for both but would love to see it.

In the event of a one-game deal, I kind of doubt they would play at a neutral site because of money.

Making both fan bases travel 2-3 hours (or more) kills the gate. They would be better off playing at one or the other's home field and splitting the gate.

Also a neutral site game means travel expenses for both sides instead of just one.

Now i am hearing that Oak Hill dropped Bluefield yesterday. So we are down to 8 games. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Very likely considering their coach said after last year's game that they wouldn't be playing Bluefield anymore.

Now may be a good time to give Brooke a return call if that is the case with Oak Hill. If Bluefield could get the home game for 2011 the travel in 2012 does not appear that it would be that bad based on who would have to come to Bluefield next year. Greenbrier East, Charlotte Latin and Gate City all come to Bluefield in 2012 if they have a return game in the contracts.

OAK HILL

Senior Football Schedule

Events

1 08/26/11 07:30PM H FAYETTEVILLE -

2 09/02/11 07:30PM A WEBSTER COUNTY -

3 09/09/11 07:30PM H PRINCETON -

4 09/16/11 07:30PM A GREENBRIER WEST -

5 09/23/11 07:30PM A JAMES MONROE -

6 09/30/11 07:30PM A SHADY SPRING -

7 10/14/11 07:30PM H NICHOLAS COUNTY -

8 10/21/11 07:30PM H BLUEFIELD -

9 10/28/11 07:30PM H PIKEVIEW -

10 should be H Mt View on 11/04

this might sound crazy,

but could Oak Hill knowing that they will be AAA in 2012 be talking to Brooke about playing on 10/07 thus having 3 AAA opponents for 2012 already

Nicholas

Princeton

Brooke

and then could have dropped Bluefield, does anyone know if there was a signed contract for 2011 between Bluefield and Oak Hill?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, now im hearing that Mt. View has put us back on the schedule, but Oak Hill is still off. So we still have 9 games. Can anyone confirm? I heard this from a fairy reliable source. But still not so sure.

I'm certain Mt View is off.

Someone sent me their schedule and it doesn't have Bluefield listed and they only have 9 games also.

They(Mt View) also dropped Oak Hill, something about they think they will be dropping to Class A in next reclassifactions.

Here is what I recieved for Mt View:

08/26 (H) River View

09/02 (H) Man

09/09 (H) Tug Valley

09/16 (A) Liberty Raleigh

09/23 (A) Wyoming East

09/30 (-) OPEN

10/07 (A) Fayetteville

10/14 (A) Van

10/21 (A) Meadow Bridge

10/28 (H) Westside

11/04 (-) OPEN

and with the new rule you must play 60% of your schedule in your class or higher Mt View might already not be in the playoffs cause 5 out of 9 is only 55.5%

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...