Salem @ Abingdon (First Round) Game

tbgfan

Been thinking about this game today; and believe the Falcons will come away with the win.

The key to the win will be how well Looney and Owens, their big guys, rebound and score in the paint (and stay out of foul trouble). With the Hess brothers, Viers, the defensive play of Blevins, Coleman, Sigmon and Steele, to many weapons to lose this first round game. There is no doubt Abingdon will have fresh legs in the game continously with their rotation of players.

My prediction, the Falcons will be moving on to Bassett High School to play in the semis.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Salem - 22

Abingdon -14

End of 1st

Salem - 29

Abingdon - 24

End of 2nd

Salem - 40

Abingdon - 40

End of 3rd

Salem - 40

Abingdon - 43

6:45 4th

Salem - 43

Abingdon - 50

4:53 4th

Salem - 50

Abingdon - 54

2:47 4th

Salem - 54

Abingdon - 60

:32 sec 4th

Salem - 60 (Mann & Carroll hit 2 - 3's to tie game with quick score & steal of inbound pass)

Abingdon - 60

:08 sec 4th -

Salem - 60

Abingdon - 61 (Salem fouls Jacob Hess with 2.5 sec in game) Jacob makes 1 of 2 to put Falcons ahead

FINAL

Abingdon Stats-------------------------Salem Stats

2's -18 of 33----------------------------2's - 13 of 29

3's - 3 of 15-------------------------------3's - 9 of 27

Offensive rebounds - 10--------------------Offensive rebounds -10

Defensive rebounds - 23--------------------Defensive rebounds - 22

FL - 16 of 26-------------------------------FL - 7 of 9

Abingdon Scoring

B. Coleman - 4

Ja. Hess - 15

Jo. Hess - 7

A. Looney - 14

M. Owens - 10 (10 defensive rebounds)

Z. Viers - 11

Salem Scoring

E. Bond - 10

M. Brown - 2

S. Carroll - 14

M. Hill - 4 (Fouled out with 5:45 left in 4th)

T. Mann - 18

J. Repass - 6

S. St. Fleur - 6

3 points - Abingdon - 3 (Ja. Hess, Jo. Hess, Owens); Salem - 9 (Bond, Carroll 3, Mann 3, Repass 2)

Life has many choices---eternity two

they survived tonight but it ends next game

Maybe the canes kid should try actually attending games before he starts talking like he knew what went on. Had he gone he would be congratulating the Falcons for winning tonight against the ref in the Nikes! The man walked over and put his arm around a Salem player and started patting him on the back as he whispered in his ear, not long after he shook hands with and patted the Salem Coach. The Falcon crowd went WILD with rage! This is not the first time I've seen that ref call the game against Abingdon and with some of the calls made tonight, such as the 6 man team Salem who GOT AWAY WITH HAVING 6 PLAYERS ON THE COURT AFTER THE REF WHISTLED THE BALL IN PLAY! Or maybe Canes is that ref, because several nights that man has seemed to have something against Abingdon. WAY TO GO FALCONS THAT WAS AN AWESOME PERFORMANCE! Be proud of yourselves and hold your heads high. As the CC coach was quoted, your strength is in your intelligence, so keep a calm level head through the rest of this season, and play it 32 minutes at a time! You boys have the potential to take this one all the way!

Maybe the canes kid should try actually attending games before he starts talking like he knew what went on. Had he gone he would be congratulating the Falcons for winning tonight against the ref in the Nikes! The man walked over and put his arm around a Salem player and started patting him on the back as he whispered in his ear, not long after he shook hands with and patted the Salem Coach. The Falcon crowd went WILD with rage! This is not the first time I've seen that ref call the game against Abingdon and with some of the calls made tonight, such as the 6 man team Salem who GOT AWAY WITH HAVING 6 PLAYERS ON THE COURT AFTER THE REF WHISTLED THE BALL IN PLAY! Or maybe Canes is that ref, because several nights that man has seemed to have something against Abingdon. WAY TO GO FALCONS THAT WAS AN AWESOME PERFORMANCE! Be proud of yourselves and hold your heads high. As the CC coach was quoted, your strength is in your intelligence, so keep a calm level head through the rest of this season, and play it 32 minutes at a time! You boys have the potential to take this one all the way!

Lol...the VHSL must meet and talk about ways to screw Abingdon.

Had he gone he would be congratulating the Falcons for winning tonight against the ref in the Nikes!

I'm going to disagree. The refs gift wrapped that game to Abingdon. The blocking call on Salem with 3 seconds left was a definitely a no call but that put Hess on the foul line. He hits 1 of 2 to go up 61 to 60 and that's the ball game. There's no way a ref at the state tournament blows the whistle in that situation. I was disappointed in Salem. I thought the River Ridge district would have much tougher teams but they were extremely slow and made several bad decisions on offense.

Ok first off good job Abingdon. Second I promise you all if the official was putting his arm around a kid it was to try and prevent something from happening later. Everyone reads too much into an officials actions. I know the crew on that game. All three at one point in time were college officials. Two currently are. The call at the end of the game, was 100% without a doubt a foul. Its a no call if the official bitches out and doesn't call it. We've talked about that play and there is no doubt the officials got it right. It takes balls to put air in the whistle with less than 10 seconds in the game. Its easy to let it go. River

River Ridge is down this year. Abingdon has a good shot verse Hidden Valley tonight. Abingdon is a team that plays up or down to their competition. Play hard tonight boys. State tournament is 32 mins away.

Say what you want about Abingdon...but that Hess kid is Mr. Clutch...seems like he is always there at the end of the game waiting to make a play...saw him light it up in the 2nd half at Grundy last year in football as well.

I've been eating victory tacos ever since my FALCONS dominated the Sparpartners! Can you say MR. CLUTCH! Boys if Jake Hess isn't Mr. Clutch then I don't know who is? Where you at Naders? haha:eek: We're moving on! Ps: We still have spring sports to dominate in also! Told you since football to not sleep on the MIGHTY FALCONS!!! Southy need to ask stripes how we are going to fair heading on in the playoffs!