R4D4 Boys - Abingdon & Hidden Valley

tbgfan

Congrats to Abingdon on a very good season. The players don’t deserve all the negative banter that goes on here...they play their hearts out. Let’s give credit where credit is due. They have no control over the flamers on the internet.

Congrats to Abingdon on a very good season. The players don’t deserve all the negative banter that goes on here...they play their hearts out. Let’s give credit where credit is due. They have no control over the flamers on the internet.

Couldn't agree more, great effort by them.

It is not the players fault that some of their supporters are whack.

haha I said it would end tonight

you're as predictable as southbound, and you contribute just as much to intelligent conversation and objective discussion of high school sports in our area.

I got to listen to the last two qtrs of this game after the Richlands/Graham game finished.

At halftime the score was HV 35-Abingdon 22. I really don't know what transpired in the first half to give an assessment. By the end of the 3rd qtr, the score was HV 46-Abingdon 43. The Falcons went in at the half and made the necessary adjustments to get them back in the game. In the 4th qtr, in listening to the game, HV was making their shots and Abingdon was only getting one look at the basket in trying to make theirs, if it did go in. The majority of HV's 20 points in the 4th qtr came from the foul line. They may have missed one from the foul line. As the game was winding down, the Falcons had to foul because HV went to the 4 corners to try and run time off of the clock. The Titans weren't any better an all-around team, then the Falcons, just had a better game in the 4th at the foul line.

Congrats to the Falcons on a fine season--you made us SWD fans proud of you, representing our district very well.

Life has many choices---eternity two

I have to say I expected to come on here and read a bunch of hate against Abingdon and planned to defend them with stuff like "Hey at least they made it that far"

I was at the game vs Hidden Valley and I can say without a doubt what hurt the falcons. Inexperience with the pressure. With a season of games like the one against tazewell winning by 40 points, the falcons rarely were pressured. I was nervous sitting in the stands for the boys I know they were nervous as well. Josh, the freshman, showed his nerves a lot by forgetting to pass the ball. He tried to take on 3 guys instead of passing it out to the two open shooters and took some almost impossible shots himself. The falcons played hard, but in the end it was their nerves and the pressure that got them...I believe that without a shadow of a doubt. Congrats guys, you'll get your chance to try again! But Hoorah for how far you did go!

And thank you SWD for your support of those players, they deserve it!