Ohio State's Jim Tressel suspended 2 games

Just like I said in the ChatBox, I bet his wrists are throbbing.

LOL.

In the broad scope of things, most of the NCAA violations for any school seem painfully petty sometimes. There must be a "don't do" book 4 inches thick.

Edited by deuceswild

LOL.

In the broad scope of things, most of the NCAA violations for any school some painfully petty sometimes. There must be a "don't do" book 4 inches thick.

That's fair. I'm just upset that we're dealing with the Coach Cal of football, for all intents and purposes. Youngstown State? He's as corrupt as Marion Barry, and no one EVER calls him out on it. Even this morning, Bob Knight was singing his glories. It makes me feel like I'm the only one who sees it.

And not just this, he knew in April 2010 that there was an alleged violation occurring, said that he would "get right on it", and failed to report it. He had actual notice that his players were staying at a place where drug trafficking was occurring, if not doing it themselves, and just sat on the information.

Death penalty, IMO. If any school/coach deserve it in NCAA football, it's OSU-North and Sweater Vest.

The third high profile school to come under NCAA scrutiny in the last few years. We have seen what USC got. Tennessee will learn soon what sanctions they face. Pearl could lose his job; Kiffin should get something but will skate since he is no longer at UT. What troubles me about the OSU thing is that Tressel apparently lied to NCAA investigators about what he knew. It that is the case, he deserves the same kind of punishment Pearl gets.

What troubles me about the OSU thing is that Tressel apparently lied to NCAA investigators about what he knew. It that is the case, he deserves the same kind of punishment Pearl gets.

Tressel didn't lie about what he knew...he lied about when he knew about it.

Could have nipped it in the bud...self-reported it, and more or less, have been done with it. However, he found out and let it go for another six months.

Heard an interview with him and he stated he "didn't know who to report it to" when he originally found out...another lie, in my opinion.

Don't you think any coach at any level would be smart enough to report it to the AD and/or compliance director???

Check out the attached article. I love when the University President is quoted as saying "I hope he doesn't fire me." in response to whether Tressel should be fired. That speaks volumes. But then again President Gee has proven to be an idiot before.

That's fair. I'm just upset that we're dealing with the Coach Cal of football, for all intents and purposes. Youngstown State? He's as corrupt as Marion Barry, and no one EVER calls him out on it. Even this morning, Bob Knight was singing his glories. It makes me feel like I'm the only one who sees it.

And not just this, he knew in April 2010 that there was an alleged violation occurring, said that he would "get right on it", and failed to report it. He had actual notice that his players were staying at a place where drug trafficking was occurring, if not doing it themselves, and just sat on the information.

Death penalty, IMO. If any school/coach deserve it in NCAA football, it's OSU-North and Sweater Vest.

My thoughts exactly.

I believe that had this happened to just about anyone other than Ohio State, that program would have been bulldozed and sactions galore would have reigned down.

2 games and a $250k fine is almost insulting. Just when I think my hate can't grow any stronger towards Ohio State something like this always proves me wrong. :eek:

The third high profile school to come under NCAA scrutiny in the last few years. We have seen what USC got. Tennessee will learn soon what sanctions they face. Pearl could lose his job; Kiffin should get something but will skate since he is no longer at UT. What troubles me about the OSU thing is that Tressel apparently lied to NCAA investigators about what he knew. It that is the case, he deserves the same kind of punishment Pearl gets.

I look for the UT basketball program to get heavier sanctions than the football program. The football program may lose a few scholarships but that will probably be it.

Brad Greenburg gets a 4 game suspension for taking a suspended redshirted player on an away trip over break, yet Tressel gets only two for a much bigger violation.

Wasn't the player also a foreign player who had no place to stay during break?