Second Team

Euneke Diaz, Graham

Branson Bowman, Marion

Mac Martin, Carroll Co.

Cody Justus, Grundy

Devon Johnson, Richlands

Player of the Year: Jordan Bryan, Graham

Coach of the Year: B.J. Lasley, Abingdon

I disagree 100% on the player of the year. The paper said Bryan had like 15.2 ppg and 9.7 rebounds per game or something like that? Brad Rhudy from Tazewell had 16.9 ppg and 13.2 rebounds per game. Is that not higher? I know Tazewell didnt go as far as Graham but its player of the year, not team of the year. If anything Rhudy should have atleast gotten 1st or 2nd team.

I disagree 100% on the player of the year. The paper said Bryan had like 15.2 ppg and 9.7 rebounds per game or something like that? Brad Rhudy from Tazewell had 16.9 ppg and 13.2 rebounds per game. Is that not higher? I know Tazewell didnt go as far as Graham but its player of the year, not team of the year. If anything Rhudy should have atleast gotten 1st or 2nd team.

Bryan wasn't even the leading scorer on his own team...

Martin was the leading scorer and rebounder on his team and he gets second team (not to mention he was a senior). Not to sure how they choose them???

Yeh, I was puzzled by that one too, evo...

Where does it say you have to be the leading scoring to be player of the year?

It doesn't. But it did seem like Diaz did quite a bit for himself.

You said it. He did quite a bit for HIMSELF. The award is for what you do for the TEAM. Jordan won the other district coaches votes. That tells you who they considered the threat that they had to stop. Last time I checked, basketball was a TEAM sport.

You said it. He did quite a bit for HIMSELF. The award is for what you do for the TEAM. Jordan won the other district coaches votes. That tells you who they considered the threat that they had to stop. Last time I checked, basketball was a TEAM sport.

So the most successful player for the most successful team should be POY. Record wise the most successful teams were Abingdon and Carroll. No doubt Bryan is a fine young man and a good player, but Graham was a two man team most of the year, and it showed. Quarterfinal trip to the playoffs aside, the only team they beat in the playoffs was Tazewell.

So the most successful player for the most successful team should be POY. Record wise the most successful teams were Abingdon and Carroll. No doubt Bryan is a fine young man and a good player, but Graham was a two man team most of the year, and it showed. Quarterfinal trip to the playoffs aside, the only team they beat in the playoffs was Tazewell.

No where does it say the POY has to come from the team with the best record. It comes from who the the 7 coaches in the district think is the best player. Maybe they will give you a vote, since you know more than them.

No where does it say the POY has to come from the team with the best record. It comes from who the the 7 coaches in the district think is the best player. Maybe they will give you a vote, since you know more than them.

The SWD coaches NEVER vote for the best player(s)...its "if you vote for my kid, I'll vote for your kid"...been like that for a while now...

The SWD coaches NEVER vote for the best player(s)...its "if you vote for my kid, I'll vote for your kid"...been like that for a while now...

If that were the case, it would be a tie!

Jordan Bryan should have been the player of the year last year and this year. What he has done for the G-Men over the past four years is immeasurable. He scored well over 1000 points, rebounded very well, and played with a passion for the game every night out. Not to mention his work on the defensive end. My guess is that most of the people that criticize, never watched the young man play. He was a credit to Graham High School and it appears the Southwest District Coaches recognized Jordan for what he accomplished.

THIS...again...

Jordan Bryan should have been the player of the year last year and this year. What he has done for the G-Men over the past four years is immeasurable. He scored well over 1000 points, rebounded very well, and played with a passion for the game every night out. Not to mention his work on the defensive end. My guess is that most of the people that criticize, never watched the young man play. He was a credit to Graham High School and it appears the Southwest District Coaches recognized Jordan for what he accomplished.

Last year, definitely. But, at least to me, POY should look at that one particular year.

Last year, definitely. But, at least to me, POY should look at that one particular year.

Yep, the award should go to the player who had the best YEAR, not what he has achieved during his four years of high school...otherwise, it would be called the PLAYER OF THE LAST FOUR YEARS...

1 you should change your name from Gman to swd whiny bitch 2 how many games did you see Bryan was the best over all player if the other team was pressing he would break it if they had a big guy down low he would play on him he could start on any team in the swd and he hit the open man almost evertime

Yep, the award should go to the player who had the best YEAR, not what he has achieved during his four years of high school...otherwise, it would be called the PLAYER OF THE LAST FOUR YEARS...

Well then IMO he should have won it last year. I thought Scott Brewster or Jordan Bryan should have won it. Im not trying to take anything away from the Roe(sp) kid from marion who i believe won it last year but thats just my opinion.

most of his points were at Mercer Christian. My dog could score

Someone from Graham can correct me if I am wrong, but Bryan came there his Soph. year. I remember seeing him when Jason Palmer played for Graham.

Someone from Graham can correct me if I am wrong, but Bryan came there his Soph. year. I remember seeing him when Jason Palmer played for Graham.

i thought he came his freshman year?

and also 1,000 points should have nothing to do with it. for 3 straight years Pocahontas had 3 1,000 point scorers and they didn't come away with 3 awards.