Baseball Score (not football) HONAKER 40 Twin Valley 0

guess there is no 10 run rule huh?

Yes. But I think you still have to play 5 or 6 innings. Football and basketball you can run out the clock. Baseball, I really dont know unless you tell your kids to purposely strike out. Baseball is so stats driven though. Really no answer, but my goodness 40 - 0.

I don't think any coach should ever tell their kids to purposely strike out. If you have in all of your scrubs, tell them to just put it in play. Don't steal, don't take extra bases, and no squeeze plays. Defensively, just throw out of the windup, no pickoff attempts..etc. I'm sure Honaker did all of that...sometimes you can't help beating a team. I imagine 40-0 could have been much worse.

I don't think any coach should ever tell their kids to purposely strike out. If you have in all of your scrubs, tell them to just put it in play. Don't steal, don't take extra bases, and no squeeze plays. Defensively, just throw out of the windup, no pickoff attempts..etc. I'm sure Honaker did all of that...sometimes you can't help beating a team. I imagine 40-0 could have been much worse.

I'm wondering how many base on balls there were? If your team is that bad, part of it could be a matter of the pitcher not being able to get the ball over the plate.

Edited by blueinbama

Yeah thats a good point to. And to think of poor Twin Valley, this was the first of a double-header. I can't imagine how they felt when the scoreboard cleared and they had to do it all over again..

I agree hate to see a score like that. But you can not put your subs in and tell them to lay down. Was not there but I'm sure they do not get to play a lot . That was the boat richlands had in 06 in football. When you have freshmen in the entire second half and they score 2 or 3 times on the starters what do you do. And a good problem to have if your on the winning end.

whats the state record for most runs in a game? anyone know?

VHSL record book doesn't have it. Though I did scroll through and find that Pocahontas held the VHSL record for lowest winning score in a basketball game. 2-1, over Montcalm, 1965. But I digress.

Highest total score ever in a softball game: 95 (a 48-47 win).

Most runs ever scored in a high school softball game: 88 (an 88-6 win).

Other states do better jobs of keeping their records.

Indiana's record for baseball: 53 runs

Florida's record for baseball: 53 runs.

So, if Richlands did put up 60+ on Grundy, I'd say it's got a fighting chance at a record.

VHSL record book doesn't have it. Though I did scroll through and find that Pocahontas held the VHSL record for lowest winning score in a basketball game. 2-1, over Montcalm, 1965. But I digress.

So, if Richlands did put up 60+ on Grundy, I'd say it's got a fighting chance at a record.

I think it might've been 54-0 and I accidently typed a 6. I still may be wrong though.

The game ball from the 2-1 win and the original newspaper article was in the trophy case when they shut Pocahontas down. I don't know what happened to it. I hope they gave it to Bill Murphy since he scored it