Twin City Brawl Graham and Beaver

bgwahoo

How do yall see this game going this year? Graham has def improved but are still a very young and very small team. They do play with a lot of passion and look to prove a lot of people wrong this year. Bluefield is Bluefield, they have a lot of speed this year, but did lose a lot of seniors and look to have a rebuilding year. I see this game being closer than everyone expects it to be.

How do yall see this game going this year? Graham has def improved but are still a very young and very small team. They do play with a lot of passion and look to prove a lot of people wrong this year. Bluefield is Bluefield, they have a lot of speed this year, but did lose a lot of seniors and look to have a rebuilding year. I see this game being closer than everyone expects it to be.

I have seen both teams play. I think Graham can compete with Bluefield this year...I'm looking for a good game.

This is going to be closer than many think. Graham has a lot of work to do, but they catch a break with this being a young Bluefield squad. I still think Bluefield wins 24-14 or so. Should be a good game, but I don't think it will be a blowout.

This is going to be closer than many think. Graham has a lot of work to do, but they catch a break with this being a young Bluefield squad. I still think Bluefield wins 24-14 or so. Should be a good game, but I don't think it will be a blowout.

I agree....after watching Bluefield play, I'm not a "believer" in the Beavers this year, although they may prove me wrong.... I really think the G-Men have a chance. Graham matches up with Bluefield pretty well. They are just as quick, maybe quicker....Bluefield's line got pushed all over the field by a Pulaski line that had been pushed all over the field the week before.....

Bluefield is obviously the favorite, but something in my gut tells me that Graham hasn't shown hardly anything of what they are going to do against Bluefield....They've tried lots of players at lots of positions, tried various looks. I do believe the coaches will work this week to devise a game plan that gives them a shot at the Beavers....and I can't wait to see what they come up with, win or lose....It's been a long time since I've actually had anticipation for the season. I like what I'm seeing from these coaches and kids, a lot of heart and a lot of character...... These guys are preparing to be winners in life.

Well, I spoke with the biggest "homer" Bluefield fan I know tonight and he said Graham may just have this one. I think this one will be competitive, and there should be some good one's ahead.

I will agree this is not the best Blfd. team we've seen over the past few years, I think everyone is making their predictions on what they saw or heard about vs. PC. I believe they simply had a very bad night, They did much better the week before vs. a better Christiansburg team. Also this is the same group of kids that did quite well in much of the second half last year vs. Graham. 24-14 Blfd.

I believe this one is going to be won in the trenches. The lines for both teams struggled a bit in the scrimmages. Another key for Bluefield will be if they can get to Graham's qb or not. From what I have heard and seen this kid can get outside and take off with the ball and he can throw when there is no pressure on him. I would be very surprised to see results similar to the past 2 years.

I believe this one is going to be won in the trenches. The lines for both teams struggled a bit in the scrimmages. Another key for Bluefield will be if they can get to Graham's qb or not. From what I have heard and seen this kid can get outside and take off with the ball and he can throw when there is no pressure on him. I would be very surprised to see results similar to the past 2 years.

Which "kid" are we talking about....Graham has used 4 qb's in their scrimmages.......I know who I think the starter should be, but then again...I haven't been at the practices. If Sheets is the one you're talking about...I agree 100%. The little bit of action I saw him in, he did great. He was able to make something out of nothing by using his quickness and ability to throw on the run. I think it would be a mistake for Graham to throw from the pocket. I believe this kid should roll out when passing and have the option of tucking and running, if necessary. But who knows what Graham will do....I don't think Bluefield knows what will be coming at them, because from watching the scrimmages....I sure don't know what they'll come out doing, it's pretty obvious what worked well in the scrimmages...but with the different personnel running in and out...I think only the Graham G-Men know what they're going to throw at Bluefield.

As far as the game being decided in the trenches, you may be right. This Graham team is just as quick as Bluefield, but they are surely not very physical in the trenches....it could be interesting....or it could be another blowout for Bluefield....I'm hoping it gets interesting.

For graham stowers has been hitting 35-40 yarders. At V-High the punter had one that was 40 and one was 42. If graham has enough speed on the d line and can block just a little bit on the o line then this one could be going to the virginia team this year. 31-17 graham

This program has outscored graham 96-7 the last two years. Bluefield is the favorite,regardless of how they have looked. And the teams they have scrimmaged have been better than the ones graham has.I will be happy if its competitive.

Guest Highlanders

Even though Pulaski won "the game" PC and Bluefield were evenly matched in different ways. Pulask is still trying to adjust to a new offense as well as a defense. Bluefield's defense wasn't bad at all however, the offense could use some work.

To suggest in the future, Bluefield should consider playing more Virginia teams. Like I was telling a couple of fans after the game, Bluefield should schedule Floyd Co. which is 20 miles south of Christiansburg. Even though they're a single A school, they are a STRONG team with a STRONG coach. Bluefield & Floyd would be evenly matched.

Another team to consider is Northside (Roanoke). Northside was coached by former Big Creek standout and brother of Rocket Boy Homer Hickam, Jim. Northside won the group AA division 3 state championship at Lane Stadium two years ago. The "Vikings" would give the Beavers some good competition.

Another team to also consider is Glenvar, which is outside of Salem, VA. Glenvar is in the same confernce as Floyd County, but plays decent football. They could give the Beavers a really good game. These are teams to consider.