? richlands fans

fridaynightfun

Which game are you referring too? And right off hand I can't remember a game they were up 31-0 and kicked onsides, maybe they have, but I can immediately remember them doing that.

Maybe "someone" didn't have their facts straight, because the facts are that Richlands screwed around for about 2 quarters of that game, and could have made it much much worse than it was if they wanted to, so you guys should really be happy the score was only as bad as it was and worry about the rest of the games you have this year.

Maybe "someone" didn't have their facts straight, because the facts are that Richlands screwed around for about 2 quarters of that game, and could have made it much much worse than it was if they wanted to, so you guys should really be happy the score was only as bad as it was and worry about the rest of the games you have this year.

if they were up 31-0 and kicked onside they did make it worse because the score was 38-0.im just trying to find out if thats what happen for sure if u were there you would kno.simple as that.

It was the Graham game I was listening to some of that one... onside kick with a 31-0 lead..... i agree Richlands could have made it alot worse and did mess around just from the sound of it, so maybe they were just practicing their onside kick in a game situation ey? Or maybe his foot mishit the ball and it was an accident but that's no what downtown ron brown said... lol I dnt think they scored on that ... like u said i think they did mess around quite a bit!

As I stated in my first reply, I don't remember it being 31-0 when they onsides kicked it, I was there and they did onsides kick it at one point, recovered it, and strangely enough to ref's gave it back to Graham 10 yard from the point of the kick and said the ball didn't travel 10 yards :p, not sure if that answers your question, or if it really even matters, but for what it's worth, there ya go.

It was the Graham game I was listening to some of that one... onside kick with a 31-0 lead..... i agree Richlands could have made it alot worse and did mess around just from the sound of it, so maybe they were just practicing their onside kick in a game situation ey? Or maybe his foot mishit the ball and it was an accident but that's no what downtown ron brown said... lol I dnt think they scored on that ... like u said i think they did mess around quite a bit!

thats what i was told .ron said it was onside kick

It wasn't a mishit on the ball btw, for those that haven't seen it Strong has a great onsides kick to himself, at least I don't believe it was a mishit of any sort, but of course I can't for sure, that is just my opinion.

As I stated in my first reply, I don't remember it being 31-0 when they onsides kicked it, I was there and they did onsides kick it at one point, recovered it, and strangely enough to ref's gave it back to Graham 10 yard from the point of the kick and said the ball didn't travel 10 yards :p, not sure if that answers your question, or if it really even matters, but for what it's worth, there ya go.

got it thanks just a big ole bunch

It wasn't a mishit on the ball btw, for those that haven't seen it Strong has a great onsides kick to himself, at least I don't believe it was a mishit of any sort, but of course I can't for sure, that is just my opinion.

I was just makin light of the topic.. lol.. good luck wit pulaski... twist their whiskers for em!!!!!

So, let me get this straight...

Its OK to onside kick when you're up 31-0 but its not OK to throw a halfback option pass when leading by two TDs...

I'm glad to learn these rules of decorum in football...

Is it OK to go for two if you're down by one with less than a minute to go in the game????

Its OK to onside kick when you're up 31-0 but its not OK to throw a halfback option pass when leading by two TDs...

I'm glad to learn these rules of decorum in football...

Is it OK to go for two if you're down by one with less than a minute to go in the game????

I was fine with either of them i know the hb pass rubbed alot of people the wrong way but to me that was just another play and we should have been ready to defend it. As for the onside kick i loved it.

Guest lookoutmountain

31-0 isn't 41 to nothing or 45 to nothing, but 31-0 is only 4 TD's with 4 2 point conversions and you are down by 1 point. At 31 to nothing, everything is on the table, especially if it's the beginning of the 3rd quarter and you are kicking off. Why not kick the onside kick and get the ball and score and make it 38-0, then you feel you have put the game away. 38-0 is likely putting the game away, but 31-0? I don't think so. Kicking an onside kick here isn't a bad choice and not bad sportsmanship, but if up 38 to nothing and doing it, then yes, it's bad sportsmanship. Only my opinions above and obviously, there has to be a cutoff point at some where, but that cutoff point is variable. I can tell you this.....most coaches don't feel the cutoff point to stop taking risky plays, trick plays or onside kicks is 31 to nothing. Most put it higher than this number.

Guest The Variable
31-0 isn't 41 to nothing or 45 to nothing, but 31-0 is only 4 TD's with 4 2 point conversions and you are down by 1 point. At 31 to nothing, everything is on the table, especially if it's the beginning of the 3rd quarter and you are kicking off. Why not kick the onside kick and get the ball and score and make it 38-0, then you feel you have put the game away. 38-0 is likely putting the game away, but 31-0? I don't think so. Kicking an onside kick here isn't a bad choice and not bad sportsmanship, but if up 38 to nothing and doing it, then yes, it's bad sportsmanship. Only my opinions above and obviously, there has to be a cutoff point at some where, but that cutoff point is variable. I can tell you this.....most coaches don't feel the cutoff point to stop taking risky plays, trick plays or onside kicks is 31 to nothing. Most put it higher than this number.

A laughable and pathetic attempt to rationalize this act.

New football concept you may not be aware of: Running the clock out.

Thank you!

What most people love to forget is that the preceding play before the HB option pass was a simple 31-give that Bradshaw broke for 60 yards. Graham was actually trying to run the clock out and just got lucky. Might as well punch it in...

I don't get why people complain about playcalling. I have had the score ran up on me in high school on more than one occasion. I never complained about it. It wasn't their fault myself and my teammates weren't prepared enough to stop them from scoring. All I'm saying is you shouldn't complain about the other team just being plain out better than you were on (x) night. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat and say good game.

I really hope when they play again that Mance actually tries to run the score up, that way you cry babies that rationalize a hb pass but whine over an onsides kick will actually have something to cry about.

This "running up the score" "stuff" is crazy. Complaining about an on-side kick when it's 31-0 in the 3rd q sounds like you'd already given up on a possible comeback.

The reason the refs gave Graham the ball was simple... it didn't go the req'd 10 yards b4 Richlands touched it.

This "running up the score" "stuff" is crazy. Complaining about an on-side kick when it's 31-0 in the 3rd q sounds like you'd already given up on a possible comeback.

The reason the refs gave Graham the ball was simple... it didn't go the req'd 10 yards b4 Richlands touched it.

Exactly, if it had been the 4th qtr then I would not have liked it myself. I don't like teams running up the score in the 4th with the game well in hand in high school.

Now pro ball is different. I like the Steelers, but to hear them accuse the Ravens of running up the score is really crazy. They are pros making millions of dollars to play the game, if you don't want them to score, then stop them.

But I think high school is different, they are kids and are not getting paid to play. I also didn't complain about the HB pass even though I know a lot of my fellow Richlands fans did, but we all have our own opinions on the matter. I just don't think you stop playing the game in the 3rd qrt. But in the 4th...........call off the dogs !!

Did you actually WATCH the game? Graham had zero chance of scoring in the game. That is why they ran the clock out in the fourth quarter by running straight up the middle every play. Come on, there is NO justification for onside kicking in that spot. Yes you just scored to make it 31-0, and it was the middle of the 3rd quarter. Graham did not have the firepower to score once muchless 5 times. Quit showing your asses by acting like it wasn't rubbing it in. It was. I'm not going to whine about the act, its done. Lets just call it what it is, he would have scored as many points as he could have, just like he does against Honaker and Tazewell. The difference is eventually we are going to get up and smack you in the mouth. You can count on it.