The greatest video ever made.....ever.

Lance

Hahaha, there was a funny joke in there. He said the Grundy Wal-Mart was three stories. Haha, not even Wal-Mart would do something that outrageous... Right?

actually it is 3 stories the bottom 2 are parking floors for their customers is what i heard.

1 problem with that... it isn't a Super Center.

How pathetic is that? A 3-story "regular" Wal-Mart.

I'd heard for the longst time that it would be an actual 2-story WM, with the groceries & pharmancy on 1 level and the other stuff on the other level.

I'd even taken a couple of my sisters to a 2-story grocery in Arlington when we went to the Smithsonian Folklife Festival in 2003... they had groceries downstairs and floral, meds/pharmacy, utensils and wine upstairs.

I'd heard for the longst time that it would be an actual 2-story WM, with the groceries & pharmancy on 1 level and the other stuff on the other level.

I'd even taken a couple of my sisters to a 2-story grocery in Arlington when we went to the Smithsonian Folklife Festival in 2003... they had groceries downstairs and floral, meds/pharmacy, utensils and wine upstairs.

Wait, so the new Walmart in Grundy doesn't have groceries?

Their website says that it is a supercenter.

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder_details_short.do?rx_dest=%2Findex.gsp&rx_title=com.wm.www.apps.storelocator.page.serviceLink.title.default&edit_object_id=3303&sfsearch_single_line_address=24609%2C+VA

Edited by BigBlueAlum

Haha it's Grundy. A Supercenter might scare them.

Can't find a def. of what makes a SuperCenter.

It has a large grocery section, maight ne the same size as CH's, but a lot smaller variety on some items... Banquet TV dinners, pizza brands, frozen breakfast biscuits, but 1 whole aisle for bread and 1 for soda (their brand is on a stack-shelf, not quite as big as my fridge). They have a bakery, pharmacy, floral dept. & garden center, but none of the other add-ons, like eyeware, haircuts, bank, Subway or McD's, or an auto center with bays. They don't have an off-to-the-side section that can double as a Christmas center... they have a front corner, like CH's K-Mart, which is currently set up for football... little flat-screen TV's, tents, VT & WVU stuff like jackets, hats, window flags, tents, grills, pop & chips. I'll have to look next time I'm up there and see if it's just college or if they have HS stuff, too.

So, IS it an SC ??? I' wouldn't call it a Super, nor a regular.. so, maybe a mediumCenter????

Edited by VHSLhelper

There's a few other stores on the ground level (Factory Connection, Subway, Hibbert) whose back wall is also the parking garage wall, which have parking in the front, too, We're supposed to be getting something like 2 more buildings, with maybe 3 restaurants?

Other outlets,

Hibbett Sports

Factory Connection (clothing outlet)

Unique Nails

Game Stop

Sally Beauty

Rue 21

Cato

Taco Bell

Mexican Restaurant

Shoe Store

Subway

UPS Store (no contract yet)

Two new buildings, construction begins in October, should be completed by March, ready for occupancy by April.

Cato, Rue 21, UPS Store, in one bldg, with United Coal operations upstairs. This bldg. will be on the east end of the Wal Mart.

Shoe store, Mexican Restaurant and something else in the next bldg, this bldg will be directly in front of Wal-Mart facing the other stores below Wal Mart.

The Taco Bell will be located on the West end in a lot by itself.

Still room for more development, especially one or 2 more restaurants as well as the possibility of 2 more bldgs. one on the east end near the RR tracks and one on the west end near the RR tracks.

The WM doesn't have a lawn and garden section nor does it have a Tire and Lube location. I would agree with VHSLhelper, probably a medium center at best, I personally would call it a regular Wal Mart. Only 109,000 sq. feet.

Also, no soda machines, no snack or vending machines will be allowed on the entire project area.......has something to do with them using Federal funding to build develop the center. It has something to do with limiting vending machines which promote bad eating habits (no kidding).

All together, a great boom to Grundy and Buchanan Co. no matter how you look at it. Nearly 350 million annually leaving the area in revenue, a ton of that will now stay here which should help the tax base considerably.

btw, the Mexican Restaurant will be able to serve liquor by the drink which is expected to draw from within the county as well as from the periphery.

I started to put a store in the lower section below Wal-Mart, the demographics looked great, but the rent/lease was a huge issue in my choosing not to do so.

Wal-Mart is expecting to do between 45-65 million in sales the first year!

Edited by bucfan64

Saw the 6:00 WVVA story, and the one in Bluefiled actually SAYS "SuperCenter" on the outside wall... Grundy's does not. However, the receipt DOES say it. Who knows.

And WHERE"S our KFC ????

KFC is gonzo...heard the guy said he has no plans right now to replace it.

The new Walmarts don't say supercenter on the outside, they look just like the Grundy Walmart on the outside with the same color and newer logo. I stopped at one on the way back from DC a while back and it looked exactly like the Grundy Walmart...inside was pretty nice and had video endcaps and displays...pretty cool store i thought.

This is the author of the video, aka "Danye East." Thanks ya'll!

Also, why would they have a Mexican restaurant and Taco Bell that close together? LOL, I guess because Taco Bell ain't real Mexican cuisine, but I hope it's open late anyhow, haha.

This is the author of the video, aka "Danye East." Thanks ya'll!

Also, why would they have a Mexican restaurant and Taco Bell that close together? LOL, I guess because Taco Bell ain't real Mexican cuisine, but I hope it's open late anyhow, haha.

heard the Mexican place in Haysi wanted to go to Grundy but got blackballed because there is already another one on the way...sad, because that one is actually good...not sure who is going in there?

calm down, calm down. It's a 3-story BUILDING., & WM has the 3rd floor

the building says walmart on the outside lol...therefore i submit for your approval it is in fact a 3 story Walmart lmao.