James Monroe Football 2011

MavsRock

Simply put, if we've ever had a less prepared team than this year's, I can't remember it. They've had ''off years'' before, but not like this, and unfortunatly it goes back to last year. I kind of saw this coming in the preseason when Pocahontas County beat them without mercy. There's just a lack of mental and even physical toughness that are sadly lacking as of late. I'm about ready to start the Chris Booth for JM head coach campaign cause this is horrindous. I mean losing to Summers @ home, and 54-20 @ home to a mediocre Oak Hill team, C-MON MAN!!! As if that ain't good enough, 4 of the 5 remaining opponents beat them by at least 3+ scores each last year, and the other, Shady, argueably has their best team in a decade. Yeah, this should be interesting!

To all the folks who wanted Witt gone.....congratulations! You got exactly what you deserved.(Yes i know Witt left for health reasons, but still)

I would love to see Chris take over and see what he can do at the hs level, but I'm really not sure he wants the job. There appears to be some talent at the middle school level(at least at Peterstown, haven't seen Mountain View yet) so in a few years they could be back to being pretty solid.

Honestly, watching the games this year, the one thing I notice other than a seeming lack of preparation, is a complete lack of emotion from the coaching staff on down. The impression they give off is that they're there because they have to be. A change needs to be made, either in the current staff and players attitudes, or with a personnel change.

That being said, this is not a team with a great amount of talent, but in my opinion(which I'll grant aint worth a lot) it's a much more talented team than they are showing. They will likely finish 2-8 this year, with talent that should be somewhere in the 5-5 to 7-3 range.

To all the folks who wanted Witt gone.....congratulations! You got exactly what you deserved.(Yes i know Witt left for health reasons, but still)

I would love to see Chris take over and see what he can do at the hs level, but I'm really not sure he wants the job. There appears to be some talent at the middle school level(at least at Peterstown, haven't seen Mountain View yet) so in a few years they could be back to being pretty solid.

Honestly, watching the games this year, the one thing I notice other than a seeming lack of preparation, is a complete lack of emotion from the coaching staff on down. The impression they give off is that they're there because they have to be. A change needs to be made, either in the current staff and players attitudes, or with a personnel change.

That being said, this is not a team with a great amount of talent, but in my opinion(which I'll grant aint worth a lot) it's a much more talented team than they are showing. They will likely finish 2-8 this year, with talent that should be somewhere in the 5-5 to 7-3 range.

Doug Marrs would be willing to take it over.

Guys the talent just isn't there right now. I don't care who is coaching. This in my opinion is the worst team JM has ever put on the field. From what i'm hearing things could be looking up in a couple of years,lets hope so! Lets face it we have been spoiled at JM though I never thought we would ever look this bad!

You're right i've never seen a bunch of boys avoid contact as much as these do. Toughness and attitude have nothing to do with coaching. Either your a football player or not! These boys are just to soft. No fire or passion for sound football. Win or lose at least show some effort like u care. I've been a fan ever since JM started but this is really getting hard to stomach.

• 2 weeks later...

Simply put, if we've ever had a less prepared team than this year's, I can't remember it. They've had ''off years'' before, but not like this, and unfortunatly it goes back to last year. I kind of saw this coming in the preseason when Pocahontas County beat them without mercy. There's just a lack of mental and even physical toughness that are sadly lacking as of late. I'm about ready to start the Chris Booth for JM head coach campaign cause this is horrindous. I mean losing to Summers @ home, and 54-20 @ home to a mediocre Oak Hill team, C-MON MAN!!! As if that ain't good enough, 4 of the 5 remaining opponents beat them by at least 3+ scores each last year, and the other, Shady, argueably has their best team in a decade. Yeah, this should be interesting!

They're a darned awesome team, and will probably be your D3 champs this year.

Oh, you meant WV...