Clemson vs. VT

vthokies4life

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest StoneyCalhoun

I am going to try my darndest to to make it through the day. LOL

Starting at 6 a.m. with a Wild Turkey and a Silver Bullet to knock it down.

I hope Tech wins but I was very impressed with Clemsons offense over the weekend, and against ECU, Techs pass defense seemed a bit suspect, I will be pulling for Tech, but if I had to put money on it I would have to take Clemson.

Not worried too much about the D, they will be ok, but is Logan ready for a big time game like this and how he responds will decide the outcome of this game IMO. I'm not convinced he is ready, he has had streaks of good and questionable play so far this year, which I expected and think is normal. I think they could lose at Lane unless the D really has one of those games they are capable and refuses to lose!!

LET'S GO ......

not worried too much about the d, they will be ok, but is logan ready for a big time game like this and how he responds will decide the outcome of this game imo. I'm not convinced he is ready, he has had streaks of good and questionable play so far this year, which i expected and think is normal. I think they could lose at lane unless the d really has one of those games they are capable and refuses to lose!!

Let's go ......

hokies!!!!

Well it will be the biggest test for Logan Thomas to this point. Our injuries at WR, our QB playing against a Big fast Defense, which i think will blitz like crazy against him & our Punter and Kicker is alot to worry about. The weather which will be very cold by Kickoff might help us a little. Limit the turnovers and keep the Defense off Logan Thomas and we win this one in the 4th qtr.

Well it will be the biggest test for Logan Thomas to this point. Our injuries at WR, our QB playing against a Big fast Defense, which i think will blitz like crazy against him & our Punter and Kicker is alot to worry about. The weather which will be very cold by Kickoff might help us a little. Limit the turnovers and keep the Defense off Logan Thomas and we win this one in the 4th qtr.

Yep, it's the first time he'll face a big-boy defense. I, too, am interested.

VT will lose by two touchdowns. Logan is a converted tight end playing QB. The receiving corps is banged up along with the o-line. David Wilson is having trouble finding holes to run through because there are few holes to run through!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the starting eleven from the New England Patriots would have trouble moving the ball in the VT scheme.

VT rolled in the first game and struggled in the next three a lot of times. Everyone knew to stack the line and that would make the offense sputter since the App St. game and it's working. Granted this probably the worse defense that VT has faced along with App. St., but the is only the best offense too.

Let's see how the VT D holds up. If that side of the ball starts dropping players; look out!

VT will lose by two touchdowns. Logan is a converted tight end playing QB.

Logan is a QB that converted to TE at Tech that is now a QB again. If he's out there playing, the coaches obviously see something in him we don't. I trust Beamers decision on this one. People forget he only has 4 games under his belt. I can recall people ragging on Tyrod after 4 games. Give the guy time.

I love how everyone buys the myth that Logan Thomas is a converted Tight End. Ask the folks at Richlands what kind of tight end he was when he lit them up in a state semi-final from the QB position. He started at QB for 2 years at Brookville.

He was recruited as a tight end, but was moved to QB and backed up Tyrod last year.

I too have concerns about the receiving corps too.

Anyone who thinks Tech's offensive scheme is designed to score tons of points is mistaken. The offense, when at its most efficient is designed to chew clock. When Tech controls time of possession, they are usually on the winning side of the score.

The thing that concerns me most about Clemson is Taj Boyd. He is an X factor, like Patrick White, or Donovan F. McNabb.

I love how everyone buys the myth that Logan Thomas is a converted Tight End. Ask the folks at Richlands what kind of tight end he was when he lit them up in a state semi-final from the QB position. He started at QB for 2 years at Brookville.

He was recruited as a tight end, but was moved to QB and backed up Tyrod last year.

Finally, someone who agrees with me. Too many people forget that he has played QB his entire life.

VT will lose by two touchdowns. Logan is a converted tight end playing QB. The receiving corps is banged up along with the o-line. David Wilson is having trouble finding holes to run through because there are few holes to run through!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the starting eleven from the New England Patriots would have trouble moving the ball in the VT scheme.

VT rolled in the first game and struggled in the next three a lot of times. Everyone knew to stack the line and that would make the offense sputter since the App St. game and it's working. Granted this probably the worse defense that VT has faced along with App. St., but the is only the best offense too.

Let's see how the VT D holds up. If that side of the ball starts dropping players; look out!

Gotta love the Deprecating Fan.

1.) Logan Thomas played QB all his life. He's a converted QB-to-TE-back-to-QB.

2.) Wilson has 516 yards already on 87 carries. This O-Line is strong and experienced.

3.) Thomas is coming around in his ability to read blitzes and defenses. I think he'll be fine against a secondary that starts 3 freshmen.

4.) That's a pretty strong "if" you bring up and I never acknowledge speculation such as this... but "if" we start dropping players, we're pretty deep this year on D. So not only are you making ridiculous conclusions based on hypotheticals, you're also simply wrong.

You may be right. We may get blown out because our coaches don't have the transcendent foresight and play calling abilities that you have, but at least have the decency to base an ounce of your claims on fact.

Let's be realistic...compare the teams that Clemson has played to the teams that Tech has played.

This statement is exactly why they play the game. Take last night's ESPN game. Pitt looks horrible against ND on Sat. S. Florida beats ND so its a no brainer that South Florida takes the game. 44-17 Pitt.

I personally am looking forward to standing in Lane tomorrow and cheering on the Hokies. I expect it to be a competitive exciting game. (Love night games @ Lane.)

This statement is exactly why they play the game. Take last night's ESPN game. Pitt looks horrible against ND on Sat. S. Florida beats ND so its a no brainer that South Florida takes the game. 44-17 Pitt.

I personally am looking forward to standing in Lane tomorrow and cheering on the Hokies. I expect it to be a competitive exciting game. (Love night games @ Lane.)

Yes I know i'm just throwing it out there for all the people that think Tech is just going to walk all over Clemson. I personally just want to see a good game. haha