Typical Bluefield (WV) Behavior

Guest Highlanders

Guest Highlanders

Well, I guess that explains why the Bluefield Chargers football coaches and parents got into that altercation with Narrows, because I'm assuming that the coaches and fans aren't actually from the Virginia side. They're all Bluefield Beaver alumn. That's typical Bluefield Beaver behavior.

I attended Pulaski County High School, and we used to play Bluefield High School almost every year in the 1980's and 1990's. We used to play some tough games at both Dobson & Mitchell Stadiums however, some of these games got a little out of hand. I remember in 1986, when PC played the Beavers at Mitchell Stadium, one of Beavers players tackled PC quarterback Randy Meredith on the Bluefield side during a routine play. As Meredith attempted to arise after being tackled, a Bluefield player kicked him in the head. In addition, an uncalled for unsportsman like penalty was called against Pulaski County which outraged PC fans.

Sort of like what happened between Narrows and the Chargers, Bluefield fans and players started to come across the field to the Pulaski County side attempting to fight PC fans.

In 1994, Bluefield played against Pulaski County at Dobson Stadium which resulted in a win for the Cougars. Instead of the handshakes and good jobs, a swarm of Bluefield fans, players, and coaches did an estimate of $15,000 worth of damage to our field house and fitness center just because of a loss.

Other schools in both Virginia & West Virginia as well as North Carolina, and Tennessee know how Bluefield, WV fans act during games. It's not so much the high school, it's the middle school, and the pee wee leagues.

Honestly, I think that Bluefield, VA department of recreations should select their coaches from the Graham side in order to prevent this for ever happening again. Narrows has nothing to apologize for.

Well, I guess that explains why the Bluefield Chargers football coaches and parents got into that altercation with Narrows, because I'm assuming that the coaches and fans aren't actually from the Virginia side. They're all Bluefield Beaver alumn. That's typical Bluefield Beaver behavior.

I attended Pulaski County High School, and we used to play Bluefield High School almost every year in the 1980's and 1990's. We used to play some tough games at both Dobson & Mitchell Stadiums however, some of these games got a little out of hand. I remember in 1986, when PC played the Beavers at Mitchell Stadium, one of Beavers players tackled PC quarterback Randy Meredith on the Bluefield side during a routine play. As Meredith attempted to arise after being tackled, a Bluefield player kicked him in the head. In addition, an uncalled for unsportsman like penalty was called against Pulaski County which outraged PC fans.

Sort of like what happened between Narrows and the Chargers, Bluefield fans and players started to come across the field to the Pulaski County side attempting to fight PC fans.

In 1994, Bluefield played against Pulaski County at Dobson Stadium which resulted in a win for the Cougars. Instead of the handshakes and good jobs, a swarm of Bluefield fans, players, and coaches did an estimate of $15,000 worth of damage to our field house and fitness center just because of a loss.

Other schools in both Virginia & West Virginia as well as North Carolina, and Tennessee know how Bluefield, WV fans act during games. It's not so much the high school, it's the middle school, and the pee wee leagues.

Honestly, I think that Bluefield, VA department of recreations should select their coaches from the Graham side in order to prevent this for ever happening again. Narrows has nothing to apologize for.

You assumed wrong. And Narrows isnt innocent.

well, i guess that explains why the bluefield chargers football coaches and parents got into that altercation with narrows, because i'm assuming that the coaches and fans aren't actually from the virginia side. They're all bluefield beaver alumn. That's typical bluefield beaver behavior.

I attended pulaski county high school, and we used to play bluefield high school almost every year in the 1980's and 1990's. We used to play some tough games at both dobson & mitchell stadiums however, some of these games got a little out of hand. I remember in 1986, when pc played the beavers at mitchell stadium, one of beavers players tackled pc quarterback randy meredith on the bluefield side during a routine play. As meredith attempted to arise after being tackled, a bluefield player kicked him in the head. In addition, an uncalled for unsportsman like penalty was called against pulaski county which outraged pc fans.

Sort of like what happened between narrows and the chargers, bluefield fans and players started to come across the field to the pulaski county side attempting to fight pc fans.

In 1994, bluefield played against pulaski county at dobson stadium which resulted in a win for the cougars. Instead of the handshakes and good jobs, a swarm of bluefield fans, players, and coaches did an estimate of $15,000 worth of damage to our field house and fitness center just because of a loss.

Other schools in both virginia & west virginia as well as north carolina, and tennessee know how bluefield, wv fans act during games. It's not so much the high school, it's the middle school, and the pee wee leagues.

Honestly, i think that bluefield, va department of recreations should select their coaches from the graham side in order to prevent this for ever happening again. Narrows has nothing to apologize for.

idiot!!!!

Guest lookoutmountain

1. I know "dandy" Randy very well. He's a pretty good friend of mine. Let me tell you what Randy told me about the situation and it goes something like this.......Randy took a wicked late hit out of bounds that was clear as day and of course, the trash West Virginia like referee (typical of the state of WV and well representative of it) didn't throw a flag on the Beavers, and it happened right in front of the officials, but as Randy was getting up, he took blasted a Bluefield player right in the face and the flag was given to PC. Randy told me the late hit was so obvious and that it had been going on all game that he reached a boiling point and he was going to blast the first player for the Beavers he saw when getting up off the turf. Interesting enough, the guy he hit in the face was none other a guy with large black pointed glasses. My thoughts were.....that's Chuck Denham, who was a reserve on football team, but I can't be certain. I know Chuck also, but haven't spoke with him in years to ask him about it. Chuck was one heck of a hoops player for the Beavers.

2. You are correct on the officiating and West Virginia like nature-behavior. It's their nature, their kind, it's...them. It's why the jokes are made nationwide. I agree with you on this, but as for Randy's situation, he took a cheap shot, but he responded and landed a massive blow.

3. P.S. Randy went on to East Tennessee State and started QB there, then went onto medical school and is currently an orthopedic surgeon. Great guy.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not here to stir the pot. I have no affilation with the Narrows Rec or Little League and haven't been to any of their games in years. What I've heard is that Narrows and Bluefield coaches, parents, and players had a situation that got heated enough to have the police called to break it up but that's all I've heard. A friend actually lead into the conversation with: "Did you hear Narrows football showed signs of life for the first time all year?" Obviously in jest due to the varsity team's struggles this year but I digress. So what the hell happened? Sounds like shades of Narrows Giles and Narrows Tazewell games from way back.

Not that it matters, but I think the two teams involved are narrows VA. and a Blfd. VA team. The only association with WV. is the venue. the Blfd. VA team represented by a VA. attorney was reinstated into the league by a court of law because a video that clearly showed that narrows was at fault. The Blfd. VA. team is scheduled to play tonight at 8:00. As you make a fool of your self the facts has been reported in the local media.

Not that it matters, but I think the two teams involved are narrows VA. and a Blfd. VA team. The only association with WV. is the venue. the Blfd. VA team represented by a VA. attorney was reinstated into the league by a court of law because a video that clearly showed that narrows was at fault. The Blfd. VA. team is scheduled to play tonight at 8:00. As you make a fool of your self the facts has been reported in the local media.

Im thinking we are not the fools!!

The entire playoff schedule had to be redone after the reinstatement of the Chargers. There were games already scheduled for today/tonight and now those had to be canceled because of this legal interaction. The Chargers are the Bluefield, VA based team.

I think it's a shame that the coaches and parents for both teams completely act like fools. Then they take it to court to have the punishment overruled???

That's society these days, always someone else to blame.....

Video here:

http://www.wvva.com/story/15688485/bluefield-chargers-go-to-court-to-save-season

Now the playoffs are on "hold" until the Supreme Court hears this dispute. This is just brilliant!!! It's the WV AAA playoffs from last season all over again. Only, this time with 10-12 year old kids football teams involved, it's the coaches and parents fault.

Can't wait to see this on a national TV segment for the "Wall of Shame!!"

Edited by bhs7695

From the video I lay the blame on the big coach for the Chargers; 1) he comes storming onto the field, 2) complain to the refs dont go to the other coach(if you want to talk to him thats fine but dont yell) and 3) if the refs wont do anything and you really think your players are in danger end the game and take it up w/ whoever is running the LL program.

Dont jump around like a punk, you are suposed to be a role model for the kids.

And the fans/parents/"adults", thats just embarassing. Have some pride in yourselves and some respect for the game. Let the kids play but if the fans cant stay in the seats dont let them in the stadium for the rest of the teams games, they can wait in the stands until its over.

Obviously I didnt see the whole game, just that clip but thats my 2cents worth.

Edited by redtiger

No one has bothered to mention that the real reason for suspending the chargers. If they win the championship, they break the princeton raiders record for winning consecutive championships in the league with four. It has already been said that the guy that runs the princeton league Stacy something has already said Princeton was quitting if the Chargers were reintstated to the playoffs. But just a thought here, when a team lines up and hits another team 5 consecutive times before the ball is snapped and the officials do not get control of the game then you get what you ask for. Any team in the league would have done that if one of their kids got hurt. Don't blame the kids, parents, or coaches. Blame the officials. They did not do their job and get control of it.

No one has bothered to mention that the real reason for suspending the chargers. If they win the championship, they break the princeton raiders record for winning consecutive championships in the league with four. It has already been said that the guy that runs the princeton league Stacy something has already said Princeton was quitting if the Chargers were reintstated to the playoffs. But just a thought here, when a team lines up and hits another team 5 consecutive times before the ball is snapped and the officials do not get control of the game then you get what you ask for. Any team in the league would have done that if one of their kids got hurt. Don't blame the kids, parents, or coaches. Blame the officials. They did not do their job and get control of it.

I've also understood that the guy who runs the league in a Princeton "homer" and didn't want either of the Bluefield teams in the league.

I agree with your points and I will agree with redtiger in as the coach if you think you team is being treated unfairly, then pull the kids off the field and force the officials to hear your concerns to try and get something done about it. In any event, there is ZERO REASON to go jumping around on the field after the other teams' coach like a punk in front of these kids!!!

Once again the example set by the Chargers' staff in front of these kids is a very poor one. I said before I don't like the way the Chargers' staff carry themselves during a game on the field and I hope they don't have the chance to coach kids again.

let me see if I have this straight... 2 teams playing... Grreen commits big penalty, maybe injuring Blue (who's on the ground to the right), and Blue got kicked out of the playoffs?

I can't blame the Blfd coach by what I saw... someone tell me how 1 kid destroys (I quess it was) the QB while the others just stand around. Is this kid deaf? If so, I can see how he MIGHT not know the ball wasn't snapped.. maybe he went on ball movement But if he was a repeat offender, the Blfd coach had likely talked to the ref already, with no resullt.

Wish more video was available.

Wish more video was available.

Agreed.

But if youre really afraid your kids are gonna get hurt because either the opposing coach is telling his kids to cheap shot yours or because the refs arent protecting the players then call the game and complain to the guy who runs the LL program. And if youre facing a bias from the main guy then join another LL program. Player safety comes 1st and regardless of what is going on I cant justify running on the field running your mouth and jumping around like a thug.

This seems to be a bad situation all the way around, I have saw some crazy things in the LL here around Richlands but I think that may take the cake, sad part is now it is the kids trying just to get to play over mistakes made by the adults, hopefully they can get it figured out and those kids can finish their season as planned.