THS Football Problems....

Gym

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that everyone didn't know already that we have problems but.....

8 starters quit yesterday including our Junior QB and our Freshman QB

Bet he ends up in Richlands...

You have to have tough skin to play football. Most kids these days would rather take the losers way out.

I feel bad for coach Tate. He's a real good guy and it seems like his heart is in the right place. He's miles away from his family and after something like this happens it hurts their chances of keeping him around for the long haul.

Guess the back ups will get an early start on getting some playing time. I have no clue what is going on but hope the Dogs can hang in there and finish this season strong.

Its a shame what is going on up there, Tazewell was once a feared opponent! I miss the days when Tazewell would play Richlands and it looked like a playoff game, you could not find a place to park within a mile.

It seems at Tazewell (atleast what I have heard) you will have 15 to 20 freshmen coming in and when they are all senors there is only a few still playing, its hard to build a program like that, you are forever young never experienced.

I know for a fact the one QBs father is talking to Mance at Richlands. Don't know about the freshman. Here is what I know, the players and parents are not happy with the play calling of Josh Thompson. I have heard this echoed through several people. I am not one to stir trouble but I agree with them on this one. I don't know what is going on with the rest but it is a true shame. Tate is working as hard as he can to build something just to have people quit on him. He is the most energetic coach and all around good guy that I have seen in a long time from the head coach position.

Dont know how good the Freshman QB is, but if he is Jessee Davis son and he comes to Richlands, Coach Mance will turn him into an All-State QB! Just telling the truth

Give him a line to protect him for more than a second, a little work, and better play calling, he will be a great one.

I hope he stays. If he makes it through this storm, he will be setting a huge example to the younger players and the parents that think they run Tazewell football. He is more worried about making fine young men than wins and losses.

Some of his examples he has been setting on and off the football field this year have not been good for young players. I don't think he is that worried about making fine young men. I think he needs to go.