THS Football Problems....

Gym

hate to say it but if Richlands wasn't winning it would be the same or worse there...Mance is just so successful that he can afford to not deal with the crap. If he ever decides to leave Richlands, chaos will follow.

If you remember, Mance barely survived the 2000 season when RHS was suppose to be really good. THS beat them 7-6 in the first game and RHS went on to finish 5-5.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you remember, Mance barely survived the 2000 season when RHS was suppose to be really good. THS beat them 7-6 in the first game and RHS went on to finish 5-5.

oh i remember...that was the only game Tazewell won that year I think.

I've heard it said many times.......

T-TOWN = Coaches Graveyard!

Hopefuly, TATE can overcome the obstacles and get things moving in the right direction.

The one good thing is that most coaches have quit on their own. Not that it makes it any better. But as long as Tate pushes all the BS out of the way and focuses on football I would think he would be fine.

oh i remember...that was the only game Tazewell won that year I think.

The year you are thinking was 2002 when we only won against Richlands and the final was 12-10. We did beat Richlands in 2000 though.

Edited by stu_bean

The year you are thinking was 2002 when we only won against Richlands and the final was 12-10. We did beat Richlands in 2000 that was our 8-2 season with losses coming to Graham and Marion in the regular season.

2002 was 28-15 at Richlands. Taz went on to be 3-7 that year. We opened with a win over Pulaski Co. 28-7(I think).

Man, I just hate to see this happening at Ttown ! I long for the days of one of the best rivalries in SWVA.........at one time. I have many friends and some family up there and although I love to beat the dogs when we play them, I also always respected them. I just wish that parents could stop reliving their youth through their kids and throwing their weight/money/egos around and let the coaches coach !

They are doing nothing but hurting the kids and the program and running off good athletes and players and coaches !

Good luck to the players that are left and much respect for sticking with the coach. I just hate to have to make a statement like that about their program, they deserve ( the kids ) much better than what they are having to deal with !

Some may want to blame the kids but I think it all starts with & ends with the parents.

2002 was 28-15 at Richlands. Taz went on to be 3-7 that year. We opened with a win over Pulaski Co. 28-7(I think).

You're right about that couldn't remember if it was 02 or 03. Just goes to show never overlook a team.

Man, I just hate to see this happening at Ttown ! I long for the days of one of the best rivalries in SWVA.........at one time. I have many friends and some family up there and although I love to beat the dogs when we play them, I also always respected them. I just wish that parents could stop reliving their youth through their kids and throwing their weight/money/egos around and let the coaches coach !

They are doing nothing but hurting the kids and the program and running off good athletes and players and coaches !

Good luck to the players that are left and much respect for sticking with the coach. I just hate to have to make a statement like that about their program, they deserve ( the kids ) much better than what they are having to deal with !

Some may want to blame the kids but I think it all starts with & ends with the parents.

It's sad when any storied program hits the dumps. After all look at how much love Tazewell and Richlands hold for Graham, but it was still a shame to see it run into the ground like it was.

I was pleased with how many fans traveled to V High to see the Dawgs. I can only hope there is still a good following to CC and Abingdon. True fans stick by their teams no matter what.

Nope, that would have been 2003. We went to Grundy in 2000 and lost a first round playoff game.

03...knew it was around that time somewhere....i was living in Tazewell at that time.

I was a waterboy that season and I remember after the game some guy from Tazewell was running across the field and was like "we kicked ya'lls a$$" and I was like really 7-6 is a asskicking?

3 games left and he's out for at least one anyway...i wouldn't doubt it.

Also...the way these things work when you want rid of someone, and the people who are doing the "getting rid of"...there will be some great controversy soon...wait and see.

You are right about the controversy, there is some and it may come out soon.

they never quit coach told them to get out the door. Not one player said they would quit they said they wasn't going up to practice without him. Then he told them to leave.

The what the hell do you call that? All of them need their ass kicked!

3 games left and he's out for at least one anyway...i wouldn't doubt it.

Also...the way these things work when you want rid of someone, and the people who are doing the "getting rid of"...there will be some great controversy soon...wait and see.

He is the one that got kicked off the team that the other cry babies said they wouldn't practice or what ever the hell you call that, if coach didn't bring him back..... You don't cuss or flip off the ref and then come to the sideline and push the coach!

I do know that # 56 isn't going to quit, with 3 weeks left he still going to be busting heads!!! GO Kyle!

Not trying to get anything started, but the rumor around Richlands High School today was, The Freshman QB has told several people from Richlands that he is going to attend Richlands next year, along with the other kid that played QB this year and one other player? Does anyone know if this is the truth, or just a rumor that someone started?

Not trying to get anything started, but the rumor around Richlands High School today was, The Freshman QB has told several people from Richlands that he is going to attend Richlands next year, along with the other kid that played QB this year and one other player? Does anyone know if this is the truth, or just a rumor that someone started?

Who cares, if they wanna go let them go... If they will quit on the Dawgs, then their quitters anywhere they go! They need to put their big boy panties on and grow up!

Who cares, if they wanna go let them go... If they will quit on the Dawgs, then their quitters anywhere they go! They need to put their big boy panties on and grow up!

i don't know if they realize it or not, but Mance won't put up with them or their parents nonsense...if you go to Richlands and expect to play, you better be good and you better not cause any problems.

This is beyond sad. In my honest opinion there are just as many athletes at Tazewell as Richlands. This rivalry should be as hard hitting and close as ever. The only differences are attitude and an established coaching staff. Some of you posting here don't remember that Mance too had a rough go his first couple seasons. Besides the region championship year of '98, I don't think a Mance coached Richlands team got into the playoffs until 2001. And he hasn't looked back. There are parents in the Richlands community who are hard to deal with as well but the attitude of the overall product and the fact that winning is contagious has outweighed that. Tazewell had a decent coach in Wyatt, he won and granted, he walked into a very talented team he still kept it going until parents got their hands in it. I hope to see Tazewell good again.

Wyatt had a lot to deal with...when he walked in things were a mess...he cleaned them up then had to deal with the consolidation of the Pocy boys, which could have been a disaster but it wasn't...he did an excellent job with what he had and would have been a great long term coach for Tazewell if things didn't go the way they always do.

This is beyond sad. In my honest opinion there are just as many athletes at Tazewell as Richlands. This rivalry should be as hard hitting and close as ever. The only differences are attitude and an established coaching staff. Some of you posting here don't remember that Mance too had a rough go his first couple seasons. Besides the region championship year of '98, I don't think a Mance coached Richlands team got into the playoffs until 2001. And he hasn't looked back. There are parents in the Richlands community who are hard to deal with as well but the attitude of the overall product and the fact that winning is contagious has outweighed that. Tazewell had a decent coach in Wyatt, he won and granted, he walked into a very talented team he still kept it going until parents got their hands in it. I hope to see Tazewell good again.

I am Dawg fan through it all... but you will never see Tazewell good again!