Graham shocks Fort Chiswell

Guest lookoutmountain

Guest lookoutmountain

With games left against Galax, Grayson, and FC a while back, I wrote on this very board that Graham would get an upset against one of the three schools. Congrats to Graham. Nice win and maybe the kind of win/program changer Graham needed for its turnaround and the future of the football program. This might be it.

With games left against Galax, Grayson, and FC a while back, I wrote on this very board that Graham would get an upset against one of the three schools. Congrats to Graham. Nice win and maybe the kind of win/program changer Graham needed for its turnaround and the future of the football program. This might be it.

Exactly what I said in the score update thread last night. Assuming Graham beats Narrows, that makes Graham 5-5 on the season, which any rational Graham fan would've accepted with gusto at the start of the year. Another plus is that this should propel Graham into the playoffs. Wins over AA Tazewell and Marion help.

It took them a while to find their identity...but I think they've found it and have turned into a pretty decent team....Couldn't be more excited for them.

This was a good win against a good team.... Graham moved the ball well all night and the defense stepped up big when it needed to.

And to lookout: I called this one too...lol. You can literally see the improvement in this team each week...fun to watch.

Edited by futbolking

It took them a while to find their identity...but I think they've found it and have turned into a pretty decent team.

So waht kind of team have they become? Obviously a descent one

What offense did they settle on?

So waht kind of team have they become? Obviously a descent one

What offense did they settle on?

They have had a lot of success running out of the I formation and taking what they can get....They have a QB who can run the option or keep it from time to time as well and who can cut up the field and run. They tried running the spread for a while without a lot of success. A lot of folks criticized them for running the I for the entire game against Richlands early in the season...but they stuck with it the entire game....they knew they weren't going to win that game, but continued to work on what was going to be their bread and butter....good for them and to those who just wanted to criticize for not throwing the ball against Richlands when down (and probably getting beaten much worse)......I would only have to say....try to be less critical and look at the big picture. This team is undersized and overmatched in nearly every game they've played and they have played with more heart than any Graham team I have seen in a few years....that to me says a lot about the coaching staff. Coach Williams is a fine coach and a man with good character. I sure hope he sticks around for a while. I think Bluefield would be a great place for he and his family to stay, they seem like good people.

Graham currently stands 15th in the power ratings and would play undefeated Riverheads if the playoffs started today....

http://virginiapreps.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2539&tid=149054387&mid=149054387&SID=914&Style=1

Edited by futbolking

Grats to the G-Men on their win, seems they are headed upwards and it is nice to see the area teams representing themselves well.Not sure about the playoff picture for them but I would think if they can make the playoffs will be a big and well deserved step for them.

Good win Graham! I know G-man and the rest of you guys are ecstatic over the thought of making it to the playoffs...keep it up and have faith!

Still have to beat Narrows. Yes, they're 0-9 but anything can happen...who really expected Graham to beat Fort Chiswell...

Not me ... Congrats to the G-Men!!! Good Job!

After Ft Chiswell nearly beat Grayson County I thought they would win, but I read about a Graham player who had 18 tackles against Bland and I sensed great heart and determination in this team. This heart and determination came theough this past friday...Congrats to Graham!:)

Congrats to the G-Men! I was in Bluefield this past weekend and was thrilled to hear all the enthusiasm from my friends on the Virginia side. These folks are psyched up and know that foundation has been set with the recent success of the middle school team. It is great knowing that the G-Men have a chance to make the playoffs despite the past few years. There is much excitement referencing the new coach and the new possibilities that are in the future. Hopefully, Graham will take care of business this week against Narrows and then use the playoff experience to "turn a few more heads!" Even if Graham does not win in the first round of the playoffs, it is nice to see that the school, the team, and the community are returning to that old familiar GRAHAM PRIDE. Hats off to the G-Men on the upset win over Fort Chiswell, and congrats on a very surprising and successful season! Some of us have never given up on you. Indeed, the future is bright on the Virginia side.