London wins ACC Coach of the Year award...

GMan

Glad to see London come away with the award.

After last weekend, I thought Grobe or even Beamer could win it. Either wouldn't have been a disappointment, but I'm glad to see London rewarded for the team's body of work this season. Hopefully, London can take the program to a level where an 8-4 season wouldn't even be in consideration for the award.

Guest The Variable
Interview just proves why people like him. This Hokie is a fan.

Same here. He has a bright future ahead of him if he can turn things around in Charlottesville.

Guest StoneyCalhoun

No doubt London deserves it.

That being said, not a fan. Good to see UVA moving up, but the dude complains about EVERY call! Even when it is not on UVA (See Vt last week, holding actual call - he thought it was PI).

Maybe it is just the former official in me, but that is just ridiculous to act that way, and it will not get you any more calls in most situations.

Plus I like coaches on an even keel most of the time (i.e. Beamer *I know I am a homer) and can not stand coaches like Jones, Holgorson, Kelley, etc. Does screaming at your players really help when they screw up? Doubt it. They are college athletes, they know when they messed up for the most part.

No doubt London deserves it.

Plus I like coaches on an even keel most of the time (i.e. Beamer *I know I am a homer) and can not stand coaches like Jones, Holgorson, Kelley, etc. Does screaming at your players really help when they screw up? Doubt it. They are college athletes, they know when they messed up for the most part.

Like the time Beamer slapped Ernest Wilford upside of the head. That even keel for you.

Hopefully, London can take the program to a level where an 8-4 season wouldn't even be in consideration for the award.

Kinda like Beamer has done with VT where he goes 11-1 and doesn't win it...

Guest StoneyCalhoun
Like the time Beamer slapped Ernest Wilford upside of the head. That even keel for you.

trollposter.jpg

Yeah he got out of hand and shouldn't have done that. No excuses for a mistake like that. Looking at the bigger picture, he is not even close to the level of the other three, in a list that could be much larger.

And in the even bigger picture, why make a back handed comment??? Why call UVAObserver a prick? Shouldn't you be somewhere stealing candy from kids?

rumor has it that Penn St will contact London

Already happened, London didn't even talk with them.

Kinda like Beamer has done with VT where he goes 11-1 and doesn't win it...

I said it earlier, but this year is one of Beamer's best coaching jobs. He should've right in the mix, but coaches who have umpteen winning seasons in a row don't get considered. It was telling that Groh won the award twice in 9 seasons...

Already happened, London didn't even talk with them.

I said it earlier, but this year is one of Beamer's best coaching jobs. He should've right in the mix, but coaches who have umpteen winning seasons in a row don't get considered. It was telling that Groh won the award twice in 9 seasons...

good deal I hope he stays a while

trollposter.jpg

Yeah he got out of hand and shouldn't have done that. No excuses for a mistake like that. Looking at the bigger picture, he is not even close to the level of the other three, in a list that could be much larger.

And in the even bigger picture, why make a back handed comment??? Why call UVAObserver a prick? Shouldn't you be somewhere stealing candy from kids?

Why are you mad? Would you have felt differently about my post if I put a winky face at the end of it?