Graham vs. Bluefield

ghs_17

Graham has had a very good start that not alot of people would have expected. It is Bluefields first game plus it is at Graham. Thoughts?

Bluefield should be favored to win...but I think Graham will make a game of it.

Edited by futbolking

Hadnt seen the schedule yet... When is it??? The Graham kids do seem to be playing well and playing as a team I would love to come out and see this one. I also know that the Bluefield kids have worked hard... wow.. should be exciting this year.

Bluefield won by 47 points I believe. It was an all out butt whuppin. Graham couldn't handle the press at all. If it weren't for Baker and Sheets they wouldn't have had any offense. In Graham's defense though, they are young and had 2 - 3 freshmen on the court the whole game. They will be good in a few more years, but tonight they were plain 'ol whipped.

Bluefield won by 47 points I believe. It was an all out butt whuppin. Graham couldn't handle the press at all. If it weren't for Baker and Sheets they wouldn't have had any offense. In Graham's defense though, they are young and had 2 - 3 freshmen on the court the whole game. They will be good in a few more years, but tonight they were plain 'ol whipped.

Is Bluefield that good or is Graham just that bad?

I don't think Graham is that bad. The youth showed tonight. Blfd got after them early and they looked like deer in the headlights. Blfd is very good though. They had 2 dunks..one was an ally-oop...they have speed and take care of the ball well. Blfd should go pretty far this year I would think.

I don't think Graham is that bad. The youth showed tonight. Blfd got after them early and they looked like deer in the headlights. Blfd is very good though. They had 2 dunks..one was an ally-oop...they have speed and take care of the ball well. Blfd should go pretty far this year I would think.

Good to hear. I've tried to keep up with Bluefield basketball in the past few years but haven't really been able to after Craig Ponder left. That and I don't believe their games are broadcasted online or on the local radio anymore.

Eades can shoot the lights out. Collier can ball as well. The alley oop to Manns was dirty.

Frito Gonzalez you say in Graham's defense they are young which is true but bluefield had 3 sophomores that started in Collier,Eades, and Yost. Then DJ Edwards is also a soph.

If the continue to improve like that, will they get any D1 sniffs?

I'd say so. Especially Eades. No offense to Collier, but his dad isn't Mike Eades the ACC official who probably knows the college ropes as good as anyone.

Both kids can play at the next level for sure.

Collier and Eades might be sophomores but they saw a lot of time last year at the varsity level compared to spencer who got very limited time and gray who on Jv. Colby Hill was playing middle school ball last year. This team just needs time to adjust to the speed of the game which Bluefield is great at! Bluefield is just to fast for the young gmen!

Guest StoneyCalhoun
Bluefield 91 Graham 44

Eades 36 points, 8 steals

Collier 16 points, 14 assists

Both sophomores....

An Ernie Gilliard coaching move finally pays off for Bluefield...

Good to hear. I've tried to keep up with Bluefield basketball in the past few years but haven't really been able to after Craig Ponder left. That and I don't believe their games are broadcasted online or on the local radio anymore.

Well....they were ranked 3rd in the pre season poll....

I still believe that Graham will win more than they lose...