WHO WILL BE #1 SEED IN REGION D division 1

vtfan56

should be hurley, but i heard twinsprings. dont see how,. they lost a district game. and almost lost twice to haysi. and hurley thumped haysi 2 times.

As of now it's 1.twin springs 2.hurley

Heading into the district tournaments even it still isn't known who will get the 16 points for 1st in the Cumberland until Castlewood and Twin Springs play Monday. Don't see that it really makes that big of a deal really though.

As of now on the boys side in Div. 1....

Div. 1

Hurley 16

Castlewood 16 or 12

Twin Springs 16 or 12

J.I. Burton 12

Haysi 9

Thomas Walker 9

Twin Valley 4

Rye Cove 4

Clintwood 4

Council 4

Ervinton 4

Point System

A. Regular Season District Standings

1. 1st place = 16 pts

2. 2nd place = 12 pts

3. 3rd place = 9 pts

4. 4th – 7th place = 4 pts

B. District Tournament

1. 1st place = 12 pts

2. 2nd place = 11 pts

3. 3rd place = 10 pts

4. 4th place = 6 pts

5. 5th – 7th place = 3 pts

Automatic Berths

A. Regular Season Champion

B. District Tournament Champion

C. If Regular Season and District Tournament Champion are the same, then the Runner-up of the District Tournament would get the automatic berth.

Regular Season Guidelines

A. If you tie for 1st place in regular season standings- Playoff game with the winner receiving 16 points and the loser receiving 12 points.

B. If you tie for any other place in the regular season standings (each district has guidelines to follow to break tie) you take the total number of points and divide by the total number of teams that are tied. Example: If you have a tie for 3rd and 4th (Total Points = 13 Divided by 2 = 6.5 points.

C. The last place team regular season standings has to finish in the top 3 of District Tournament to meet minimum requirements to advance to Regional Tournament.

Tiebreakers (1-8 seeds)

A. Head to Head.

B. Winning percentage vs. common opponents.

C. Winning percentage in games vs. all Region D Tournament qualifiers

D. Regular Season District winning percentage.

E. Overall winning percentage (all games)

Note: If tied for 8th place after tiebreakers 1-5 are used, a PLAY-IN game will be played on Monday with the Selection Committee deciding the site.

F. Coin Flip

Edited by Beamerball

For Hurley to get the #1 seed then TS needs to lose to Castlewood tonight in the playoff game or in the district tournament. That is assuming Hurley goes on to win the district tourney themselves. Regardless of whether Hurley is the #1 seed or not I don't see them losing in regions.

Maybe someone can help shed some light on this. Let's suppose Hurley and TS win the district tourneys and tie based on points. Here are the tie-breakers.

1. Head to head - this doesn't apply because the 2 teams haven't played.

2. Winning percentage v. common opponents - both would be at 100%

3. Winning percentage in games vs. all Region D Tournament qualifiers - this is what I am not sure about. Is this broken down by division? If so then Hurley would get this tie-breaker because they haven't lost to a D1 team and TS lost to Castlewood. If it is not broken down by division then I think TS would get this tiebreaker because Hurley lost to Gate City and TS has played more region D opponents and therefore their winning percentage would be higher.

So does anyone know if tie-breaker 3 pertains to all of region D or just your division?

if hurley wins the bdd tourney, they still have a chance to get the 1 seed if ts loses in the cumberland district tourney.

it dont matter #1 seed or #2 seed hurley will beat twin springs or castlewood by 30.....take that to the bank

what bank? Trupoint? Wells Fargo? New People's?

prefer direct deposit personally.....

Hurley's favored.... but I don't think the spread is 30.... but they are favored..

that would be wells fargo and it will be direct deposit.....lol.....

what bank? Trupoint? Wells Fargo? New People's?

prefer direct deposit personally.....

Hurley's favored.... but I don't think the spread is 30.... but they are favored..

I'll take whoever +30 vs. Hurley in the playoffs...