Tyler Berglowe to E&H

Lance

Following in the footsteps of the Great Tom Crigger Anthony Church and Scandal free David Scammel! Living Legends in the Grundy and Emory & Henry Circles.....

you forgot good ole cary perkins.

He has the ability to play either depending on what E&H needs. Personally I think he is a better DB but then again 2 years ago Grundy didnt really gear the O toward him and Hurley didnt have much of a Oline this past season, so maybe he is a better RB than what I have seen.

Edited by redtiger

He has the ability to play either depending on what E&H needs. Personally I think he is a better DB but then again 2 years ago Grundy didnt really gear the O toward him and Hurley didnt have much of a Oline this past season, so maybe he is a better RB than what I have seen.

didn't gear the O towards him? kid had 1800+ yards his Jr year for Grundy...huge numbers for a Grundy RB. Didn't even play there as a SR and easily finished in the Top 10 all time at Grundy....would have smashed Marcum's record if he had stayed.

Hurleys Oline sucked and he had no where near 1800+ yards(although he did have a good season) and what I mean by wasnt geared toward him is they ran alot of single back and they threw the ball around a little, it wasnt a offense where he was gonna get the ball 30+ times every game. None of that was meant to detract from him or his ability. At Grundy he wasnt the star of the show, he was a big part. He also didnt really have alot around him. What I meant was that at E&H with more talent around him and a offense where he could be the bellcow he could really succeed.

Hurleys Oline sucked and he had no where near 1800+ yards(although he did have a good season) and what I mean by wasnt geared toward him is they ran alot of single back and they threw the ball around a little, it wasnt a offense where he was gonna get the ball 30+ times every game. None of that was meant to detract from him or his ability. At Grundy he wasnt the star of the show, he was a big part. He also didnt really have alot around him. What I meant was that at E&H with more talent around him and a offense where he could be the bellcow he could really succeed.

he had 1832 yards at Grundy as a Jr....thats what was said concerning the 1800+...not Hurley...i have no idea how much he had there last season.

He had plenty of talent around him at Grundy as a Jr. by the way...they went what 9-3 overall? and when Plymal is running the show, there are no "stars".. dude moves the ball around to everyone and their sister in the stands.

Looking forward to him proving all the negative people wrong...the kid will do good at E&H no doubt.

"Hurleys Oline sucked and he had no where near 1800+ yards(although he did have a good season)", that was comparing his SR season at Hurley to his JR at Grundy, rebel1 said he had a good seson.

As far as Plymals O and Berglowes time at Grundy, what youre saying is what im saying.

What I saw of Berglowe running against Haysi as a JR is 1 offtackle play, 1 inside run and 1 draw play. Thats not gearing an offense toward a RB(the offense wasnt RB friendly imo). I would like to see him run the ball at E&H where it would be a zone concept w/ a good Oline in front of him.

I see some similarities between Berglowe and Caleb Jennings. Jennings did very well at Richlands but excelled at E&H, I could see the same happening for Berglowe.

"Hurleys Oline sucked and he had no where near 1800+ yards(although he did have a good season)", that was comparing his SR season at Hurley to his JR at Grundy, rebel1 said he had a good seson.

As far as Plymals O and Berglowes time at Grundy, what youre saying is what im saying.

What I saw of Berglowe running against Haysi as a JR is 1 offtackle play, 1 inside run and 1 draw play. Thats not gearing an offense toward a RB(the offense wasnt RB friendly imo). I would like to see him run the ball at E&H where it would be a zone concept w/ a good Oline in front of him.

I see some similarities between Berglowe and Caleb Jennings. Jennings did very well at Richlands but excelled at E&H, I could see the same happening for Berglowe.

Bergie had around 1500 yards if I'm not mistaken. Not to bad for a "sucky" line. lol

Thats more than I thought he had. But Hurleys line did suck, atleast what I saw of them. He had alot of solid runs against Haysi but it was all him fighting for every single inch.

I dont doubt his ability, hes a fine player. I just dont think he was ever in a great situation during his high school career. The fact that he put up around 3,300 yards in the past 2 seasons speaks to his talent

Edited by redtiger

He had 1650 yards this season at Hurley to be exact....Berg fits in a system that uses more of a single back. He is not your typical I formation back that is gonna line up and carry it 30 times a game

He had 1650 yards this season at Hurley to be exact....Berg fits in a system that uses more of a single back. He is not your typical I formation back that is gonna line up and carry it 30 times a game

just to add, he only needed 800 or so yards as a SR to break Marcum's all time record at Grundy...I feel he would have easily been the first 4,000 yard back at Grundy had he stayed.

I believe he has more total rushing yards than any back in Buch. Co. history. Tyler had 4600 yards for a career and I think Greg Tester had around 4500, but I'm not 100%. Anyway, back to college, I think he could be a good RB or DB but I do think he will have to "bulk up". Is the guy from Gate City still at E&H? I think those 2 would make a nice combo.

Talking about Smashing Garons record....If Marcum played the teams and the talent Burg played Marcum could easily had another 1000+ yards . Berg mite be decent player but shouldn't be I'n comparison same class as Garon IMO

Talking about Smashing Garons record....If Marcum played the teams and the talent Burg played Marcum could easily had another 1000+ yards . Berg mite be decent player but shouldn't be I'n comparison same class as Garon IMO

Who did Grundy play that was different from Garon's time till Tyler's time at Grundy? Grundy was in the SWD and they didn't really overhaul their schedule till 2011, and Tyler was already at Hurley.

Garon was a good back but I don't think he was the best back to ever grace Grundy's field nor do I think Tyler was either but both are at least in the discussion.

Can you honestly compare the Richlands Grahams and tazewells compared to now? Ive seen how week it has become since 2006 the SWD has become small and weak besides Richlands. I don't think Garons the best back ever either Scammel and Perkins probably are 1-2 IMO but look at Talent he ran against!

Who did Grundy play that was different from Garon's time till Tyler's time at Grundy? Grundy was in the SWD and they didn't really overhaul their schedule till 2011, and Tyler was already at Hurley.

Garon was a good back but I don't think he was the best back to ever grace Grundy's field nor do I think Tyler was either but both are at least in the discussion.

Can you honestly compare the Richlands Grahams and tazewells compared to now? Ive seen how week it has become since 2006 the SWD has become small and weak besides Richlands. I don't think Garons the best back ever either Scammel and Perkins probably are 1-2 IMO but look at Talent he ran against!

As far as talent of who they played against, Garon was facing tougher teams IMO...but, the only comparison I was making, or that needs to be made is total yards...Garon is probably the fastest and most talented back to ever play for Grundy...period...again, just my opinion.

Berglowe is his own man, he does his own thing...two different people. Bottom line though is that if he stayed at Grundy he would be the all time leading rusher. If Plymal had allowed Marcum to be the focus of the offense, and just turned him loose...Grundy would have seriously beaten some of those teams by staggering numbers, Garon would have easliy crossed 6,000 yards, and it's hard to tell how many TD's he could have scored...if you look at the all time TD list in VA, Garon is still about half way down the list of the top people. He shared the ball with several people in an offense that wasnt' designed to focus on the run, and still scored 4 or 5 TD's a game and most of the time was pulled by the time the second half started....they would get pissed off at him for whatever, and hold him out of the game...once they got down by 3td's or so...they looked to Garon to get them back in the game...which most of the time he did, then they pulled him out again....sad but true...the world will never know what that kid was capable of doing...but I have a pretty good idea.

You might be right on Garon being the best "pure" runner but I think you(Lance) played with the best back ever at Grundy. Cary Perkins was a dual threat, he could run and catch the ball with equal talent. Cary was kinda like a Percy Harvin type player, he just could excel at anything he wanted to do.

Cary was just special!!!!

P.S. I hated playing defense against Cary. LOL

You might be right on Garon being the best "pure" runner but I think you(Lance) played with the best back ever at Grundy. Cary Perkins was a dual threat, he could run and catch the ball with equal talent. Cary was kinda like a Percy Harvin type player, he just could excel at anything he wanted to do.

Cary was just special!!!!

P.S. I hated playing defense against Cary. LOL

Cary was good...i played ball with him from 4th grade on. A lot of people dont realize he couldn't hear...if it was raining and his hearing aids got wet they would short out and make this high pitched noise...we would be in the huddle and you would hear it...he used it as an advantage at times...he would just turn them off, people would be trash talking him or whatever...he wouldn't even hear a word of it....for that time, he was a rare kind of player...a lot of talent, but he didn't have the field vision Garon had nor the break away speed. Garon could catch the ball as well, he was just never really used as a receiver. There area couple of clips of him catching the ball on the highlight reel. He had that 96 yard INT against Graham in the Region IV game as a 9th grader...but, he was a QB earlier on until he got in to High School and Plymal made him a RB...If Garon was at QB for 3 or 4 years, hard to imagine what might have happened.

I knew that he had limited hearing. I went to one of Grundy's games during an open week , maybe Lebanon, and they had a sign saying we are going to knock out the hearing aids. I might be wrong on the team but I do remember the sign and it was very distasteful.

I didn't know Garon played QB, who knows he could have been the Tebow of Grundy with the spread option in place.

I knew that he had limited hearing. I went to one of Grundy's games during an open week , maybe Lebanon, and they had a sign saying we are going to knock out the hearing aids. I might be wrong on the team but I do remember the sign and it was very distasteful.

I didn't know Garon played QB, who knows he could have been the Tebow of Grundy with the spread option in place.

Garon was a TD machine...

also, the level of play that Cary had to face was much tougher than what Garon or Berglowe had to face...its hard for people to imagine but at that time all the local AA teams had 75-100 kids in the system each year...and Graham, Tazewell, Marion, and Abingdon were tough back then.

by the way....that sign was homecoming 1987, against the defending '86 State Champion Tazewell Bulldogs...and we whipped their ass 28-0 and put an end to Reed and Lamie in that game...that sign was just one of a few things that made that game personal.