Bobby Wyatt

fieldgeneral

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing wrong with Coach Wyatt at all...other than choosing to try and coach at Tazewell.

Coach Wyatt wasn't without some fault in the demise of that relationship remember the man scheduled his vacation during the playoffs just assuming that his team wouldn't make it. Then while his team was preparing he was on a cruise.

Coach Wyatt wasn't without some fault in the demise of that relationship remember the man scheduled his vacation during the playoffs just assuming that his team wouldn't make it. Then while his team was preparing he was on a cruise.

What were the odds????

I think he is a good coach, he took Pocy and made the program respectable for a brief time. Coach Wyatt probably does have flaws but who doesn't? The Tazewell faithful are like the Notre Dame faithful they keep living in the 80's when their program was last relevant.

I think he is a good coach, he took Pocy and made the program respectable for a brief time. Coach Wyatt probably does have flaws but who doesn't? The Tazewell faithful are like the Notre Dame faithful they keep living in the 80's when their program was last relevant.

to be honest, i think Tazewell sees the cross town success Richlands has, and doesn't understand why they can't have the same...so they continue to blame the coach for all the problems, because...hey, it must be the coach right?

to be honest, i think Tazewell sees the cross town success Richlands has, and doesn't understand why they can't have the same...so they continue to blame the coach for all the problems, because...hey, it must be the coach right?

True that on both counts! No coach or coaching staff can build anything until they have full support from everyone and an administration that will stand behind them. Administrators and School Board members are scared to death of parents nowadays. They will listen to the whining and complaining and it get worse and worse until finally the whole community doubts the coach and his philosophies. People want to wear the crown of principal or AD but they don't want to be forced to show their commitment to the coach and program. Its called grow a set!

Ok I have kept my mouth shut on this for 3 years now. I have been a fan, player, coach, and now a fan again. I could talk for days about the problems with tazewell ftball! Lol but I will stay on this subject. Coach Wyatt is a great coach from august to november. It was the offseason that the people didn't like. He wasn't around football, but especially the community, enough. The cruise just pushed things over the edge. But that being said, coach Wyatt left on his own, it was his decision over something that had nothing to do with the people of Tazewell or the way they felt about him.

You are probably right, success does breed envy. The parents have to realize that taking and picking up your kids from practice isn't where their participation ends to make a successful program. The kids also must sacrifice more time training(lifting,running etc.) and that doesn't mean wait until June to workout twice a week.

Ok I have kept my mouth shut on this for 3 years now. I have been a fan, player, coach, and now a fan again. I could talk for days about the problems with tazewell ftball! Lol but I will stay on this subject. Coach Wyatt is a great coach from august to november. It was the offseason that the people didn't like. He wasn't around football, but especially the community, enough. The cruise just pushed things over the edge. But that being said, coach Wyatt left on his own, it was his decision over something that had nothing to do with the people of Tazewell or the way they felt about him.

Sounds like someone on here knows what they are talking about, instead of running down tazewell fans and coaches.

Wonder why he left? All that support he had from the "community".

Sounds like someone on here knows what they are talking about, instead of running down tazewell fans and coaches.

no one here needs to run down the coaches, the Tazzy fans do that themselves.

Amen

Amen

give it a few days and i'll be proven right again....maybe one of these days some of you guys that turn a blind eye will start to see a pattern...lol.

I feel bad for the kids that have to endure the politics though.

give it a few days and i'll be proven right again....maybe one of these days some of you guys that turn a blind eye will start to see a pattern...lol.

I feel bad for the kids that have to endure the politics though.

No doubt that there are politics involved! But you are laying the blame in the wrong area. Every town has parents that dislike how things are done by the head coach. BUT not every school let's those parents call the shots. Until the HC at THS is allowed to have some control over these situations, or at least some backing, nothing will change. Go ask every coach since Dave Litz and they will say the same thing.

No doubt that there are politics involved! But you are laying the blame in the wrong area. Every town has parents that dislike how things are done by the head coach. BUT not every school let's those parents call the shots. Until the HC at THS is allowed to have some control over these situations, or at least some backing, nothing will change. Go ask every coach since Dave Litz and they will say the same thing.

Then clean house, start with that worthless ad you guys have. And follow with the principal.

i'm not laying the blame in the wrong area at all...you can point the finger in any direction there and no matter where you are pointing, they are probably at least somewhat to blame...it's an "all the above" sort of thing. I agree, you start at the top and work your way down...clean house and put a muzzle on the parents and people in the town office.

As far as coaches go, Tazewell needs a "local legend" type of coach to come in and get things back on track and re-build the program from the ground up. Only problem is most people like that know better than to go to Tazewell.